“Good Location - family of 4”

JW Marriott Washington, DC
Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mandeville
“Good Location - family of 4”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location! Good restaurants very close by. Great location to walk to White House and monuments. Friendly staff. Always taxis parked outside for a quick lift. Stayed in room with 2 double beds. Decent sized room, but a little tight for 4. Bathroom was small, but clean. Overall I would stay here again!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I just completed a week long stay at this hotel as a business traveler. I have stayed in nearly every Marriott property in the city (including some in Arlington, VA) and I must say this hotel is now at the top of my list. The staff was very friendly at every interaction and everything appeared to be very clean. Room size is pretty much standard, but the furnishings are modern/updated.

The location of this hotel is perhaps the best feature. It's just a couple blocks from the White House and Mall area. Every major DC tourist attraction is within walking distance. The hotel is also very close to the Metro Center subway stop, which quickly connects you to the entire city.

Some rooms have fantastic views, while others basically don't have a view at all....so make sure to ask at the front desk if this is important to you.

I will definitely seek reservations at this hotel again for future travel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fantastic views, while others basically don't have a view at all....so make sure...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is really nice and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. The room was large and very comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location was good for us as it is near the train to get to the airport and walkable to the sights.

The only negative is that there is no free wifi.

Room Tip: Each floor of the hotel is very large. If you have mobility issue you might want to ask to be close...
Green Features: Standard environmental practices of the option of having linen and towels changed daily or reusing them.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Probably one of the best locations to stay in D.C. Great locale to stay after a show at the National. Professional staff. Excellent rooms. Loved our upgrade to be able to see the skyline. Great bar to hang out in. The place is in great shape. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikelynxx
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great location, very clean and very comfortable. Will stay again. Bell and valet service were particularly friendly. Breakfast in the morning was delicious but would order from the menu next time instead of the buffet. It was fine, but I would have rather just had plain pancakes!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shana B
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I don't travel a lot, so we are not Marriott reward members. This unfortunately means that even though we have a confirmed reservation, we can be bumped by an elite Marriott member that needs a room. So I don't really have the right to rate this hotel because they informed me, on the day I was checking in, that they gave my room away to someone else. In all fairness, they did offer to put me up at their hotel 30 minutes away, but that defeated the purpose of our visit. As others arrived after me and were being given room keys by other clerks, I have never felt so belittled in all my life. I will never trust making another reservation with this chain. And I will never subject myself to this type of aggravation/disrespect again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank cuyfalls
DanielMcKeon, Manager at JW Marriott Washington, DC, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Kelly R,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the situation you encountered at our hotel. Unfortunately we oversold our hotel that evening and were forced to make alternative accommodations for our confirmed guests at another location. The decision we made to move your reservation was in no way meant to be disrespectful or belittling. I do not feel as if this small sample is a fair respresentation of our hotel, and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to host you and your husband again in the future. Please contact me directly should you decide to return to Washington, DC so that I may personally ensure you have an enjoyable time.

Best wishes,

William Canning
Assistant Front Desk Manager
william.canning@marriott.com
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for Memorial day weekend on a deal from Hotwire. For the price it was a good property, centrally located, average service but the rooms need a slight update. The A/C was a bit loud and the walls are paper thin so that you can hear everything your neighbor or anyone in the hallway is discussing.

Valet Parking is $47 daily which is close to the norm but caught me off guard as there is no opportunity for self parking at the hotel. If you can get this property on discount or through promo, I'd highly recommend for the location and service, if you are paying full rate, you are paying too much,.=

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family