JW Marriott Washington, DC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
W Washington D.C.(Washington DC)
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)
The Hay-Adams(Washington DC)
3,201 results
All reviewswhite houseavenue grillgreat locationthe concierge loungegreat view of the washington monumentthe corner bakerywithin walking distancenational mallsmithsonian museumsroom serviceindoor pooltwo blocksper nightlarge hotelcorner roomtwo double bedslincoln memorial
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Traveled for business and brought the family. Great location, clean, and nicely appointed hotel with a generally helpful staff. As others have noted, the rooms are on the small side and the bathrooms are tiny. Our room had a problem with the a/c and we had the "engineer" visit several times during our 5-day visit. The first time he took pliers and bent open the wall vent slats then told us the cool air had been trapped. (Seriously!) The next visit he replaced a very dirty piece of foam (apparently the filter) and told us our problem would be solved. Our last complaint call resulted in the same friendly gentleman coming and playing with the thermostat a bit. We waited all night for the temperature to improve but still nothing. The day after this third complaint call/engineering visit we rec'd a call from the front desk checking on the situation and offering to move us for the last day/night. (Our request to move at the beginning of the stay was met with the response "we are completely full." ) As we had suffered with the heat for several days we decided to stay put and bear it rather than move. One other housekeeping issue was a bit of an annoyance: the number of towels and wash clothes left each day was random and never enough for our family. For example, one day we received 3 towels, 1 washcloth and 2 hand towels; the next it was 2 towels, 3 wash clothes and 4 hand towels. Is it that hard to leave 4 of each and a bath mat on a consistent basis? Puzzling. When I checked out, the young woman at the front desk remembered me from all the a/c problem calls and offered a points credit to my Marriott Rewards account due to our inconvenience with the lack of a/c. A thoughtful gesture except she never followed through... I contacted Marriott Rewards Customer Service about this stay and they addressed the situation with the hotel manager who has since credited points ...but only half of what had been originally promised. The JW has so much potential but there are better Marriott options in Washington.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DanielMcKeon, Resident Manager at JW Marriott Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is truly one of the best tools we use to better service our guests in the future.

Thank you for the detailed description of the several issues that you encountered during your stay. I'll be sure that all of these scenarios are shared with both our engineering and housekeeping departments. I'm so sorry that your air conditioning unit was never fully functional during your stay. One of our top priorities is to provide all of our guests with safe and comfortable room accommodations. It appears we fell short of that goal.

You're a valued guest, and every action that we take is aimed at providing you with a positive guest experience. If you'd like to discuss any of your issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I'd be happy to assist in any way possible.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Like others have stated, this hotel is beautiful and centrally located. Service is great and check-in simple. Aside from the usual Washington sights there are dozens of great restaurants within easy walking distance. The only downside is the costly in-room Wi-Fi!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location is right in the heart of attractions and you can walk anywhere! The staff is wonderful and concierge lounge for rewards members is definitely excellent! The rooms are plenty big enough to be functional and compare to any other city size room. Bathrooms small but will be corrected soon with renovation

Room Tip: Ask for Pennsylvania Ave side but some windows are high so must stand to look out---- when you do it is worth it
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The staff is wonderful and you are close to everything!
The room was superb!
You can walk to all the attractions, restaurants, landmarks, museums.
The tourist buses stop is one block ahead.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location is great. You can walk to all the major attractions. I walked all the way to Georgetown on Pennsylvania. You can also rent a city bike near the hotel for a $7 membership fee, plus additional charges based on time (hint: the first 30 min. are free, and as long as you check your bike in at any of the numerous locations every 30 min, you can check it back out without any additional charges and ride all day for free).

The rooms are dated and could use an upgrade. My room smelled mildewed, so I asked for another room. They assured me not all their rooms smell. My second room also had a mildewed smell. I live in dry climate and don't notice similar odors at home, but maybe people in humid areas are used to the mildewy A/C smell. I'm sure there's a way to eliminate it if Marriott only spent the money.

The gym is large and has many machines.

Hamilton's restaurant, nearby, is a good spot for some crab cakes.

The food in the bar was nothing special.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. It was noticeable that the manager has placed an emphasis on service.

Like many other reviewers have stated, "IT'S TIME TO STOP CHARGING FOR WIFI!!!" It's a basic utility, like power or water. When I pay almost $300 per night, I expect wifi to be included. It's tacky and in bad taste to charge for wifi. If Marriott bothered to do a survey, they would find that they are pissing off a good chunk of their market with this tactic.