2,361 results
All reviews venetian room white house ceiling fan charming hotel world bank george washington university foggy bottom dressing area small kitchenette stay there again whole foods office building within walking distance an older hotel few blocks upgraded to a suite bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Quaint, charming, quirky, and vintage feeling hotel in downtown DC. A book in the room stated that the hotel has been designated a "historic hotel" by the preservation society. The antique furnishings and heavy, rich fabrics used everywhere gave me the feeling that I was staying at a rich relative's house rather than a hotel. The room was incredibly spacious with an entryway, dressing area, small dining area, and kitchenette in addition to the sleeping area and bathroom.

Things I liked: downtown location, the best hotel pillows EVER, free WiFi, good shower water pressure, lots of mirrors, nice smelling Bath&Body Works toiletries, nice staff, and a hotel bar with lots of dark woods and plenty of character.

Things I did not like: only 2 tiny elevators for 11 floors, no driveway (cabs drop you off on the street and you have to navigate some sidewalk foot traffic to get to the hotel), difficult to hail cabs from this location, hard to open my room door with my key card, and the flat-screen TV in my room did not work.

Overall, this hotel was a great deal for a great location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank khp_infairfax
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I hope you were able to address your concerns with our staff while you were here so that the issue could have been resolved. We value your opinions and take your concerns seriously, because it is our goal to provide outstanding service to our guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Lombardy Hotel has a very good position, on Pennsylvania Avenue, close to George Washington University and International Monetary Fund.
The decor is interesting with old furniture chosen with taste.
The staff offers a standard service, without worrying too much on customer needs.
The rooms are spacious with a nice bathroom, in my opinion they could remove the carpet and use the existing wooden floor.
In many rooms (all those on left side of the hotel) starting from the 5 AM (!!) there is a terrible noise made by a transport company on the ground floor, which move by mechanical loading do not know what. My room was at 8th floor and the noise was enough to wake me up (I have a deep sleeper).
Breakfast with little choice and very expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlo V
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were disappointed in a the curt and rude staff. The room was good size, the housekeeping was good, the water pressure in the shower is exceptionally poor, and the location just so-so. Hallways feel a little like an early 1900s brothel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is not your typical cookie cutter hotel. Yes there are a million hotels in Washington but the staff at the Lombardy makes you feel welcome, and comfortable. The location is fantastic. Near GW University, the White House, and Georgetown. The Metro is also an easy walk. The Hotel itself is small but has character. The rooms are clean,and have lovely linens . The Hotel is in a historic building so do not expect everything to be bright and shiny new. I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times. It is always my first choice when coming to Washington.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula V

Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Thanks,

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Put quite simply, there are dozens of fantastic hotels in Washington DC and this isn't one of them. The attempts at Venetian styling include slatted patio type doors outside of your normal hotel room door which have a tendency to slam when released. Window treatments meant to keep to this motif also serve to block almost no light. The shower (perhaps also in keeping with a mid-nineteenth century vibe) alternates between hot and cold water. The rooms are clean, but small by DC standards. For over $200 a night, there are simply much better options in this city.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Av8rterp

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope that we were able to address your concerns while you were here. We hope to get the opportunity to have you stay with us again.