“Perfect choice for us”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I had a deluxe king room that faced the back of the hotel (room 1006). No view, but I didn't go to DC to look at the view in the hotel room. The wireless internet was a must. We had a little area with a refrigerator, a sink, and a small table and two chairs. We toured all day and would stop at the Whole Foods on the way from the nearby Metro (about 3 blocks) and pick up something for dinner. The bed is huge (although I must say I couldn't sleep on the super-big pillows but I did just fine without a pillow). The bathroom is old-fashioned, but perfectly fine and I loved the closet area with the vanity. The water pressure from the shower was not as strong as I would have liked but no big deal. It just took me a little longer to get the soap off. I love the Washington Post at my door every morning. The room was superclean. The staff is wonderful. I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food but there are plenty of restaurants nearby (Founding Farmers, Starbucks, Fridays) and, of course, a fabulous Whole Foods for those who are eating on the cheap (like us). No ice machines but they will bring complimentary ice if you ask. They also brought complimentary bottles of water each day. The whole buzz of the GWU campus makes this a great neighborhood to walk through. It also has other amenities that I didn't take advantage of (in-room spa services (you pay) and a small health club (free for guests I think). In addition to the Metro, there are buses that are nearby. This is small, intimate hotel, extremely well-maintained, VERY clean with a great location and a wonderful staff. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The view may be better on the Pennsylvania Ave side but the noise will be louder too (traffic, etc.)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie4119
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future! Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy!

Corrado Palenzona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,216)

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel had lots of great character. The rooms were nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious with a vanity table , and lots of natural light. Staff was nice and very helpful. Front desk printed out our boarding pass ,which is always a nice bonus. Lots of resturaunts nearby. Great Italian place across the street ( Berticelis ). If you don't like walking taxis are available at a very good rate. Taxi was also less expensive then taking the airport shuttle bus. Also there is a CVS store across the street for snacks and sodas to help save you from using mini bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobinDav
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Room was clean and very nice. Huge bed! Shower wasn't great because there was so little water coming out of it and it was really hard to adjust the temperature. But despite this I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Lombardy is run of the mill hotel you would expect in any large city. Nothing out of the ordinary; Meets requirements albeit at top rate.
Mediocre staff.
Breakfast was the only meal we took at the hotel restaurant - inferior quality and expensive, AVOID!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feed back. We value your opinions and regret that you did not have the best experience. We strive to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests. In the future if you decide to stay with us again, please contact me directly to make your accommodations.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My friend and I went to hotel Lombardy just before Memorial Day weekend. It is a quiet and clean hotel where the staff is very helpful and nice. The lady at the front desk even booked our Greyhound bus tickets for us! The room was bigger that we expected and had everything we needed. I defintely recommend this hotel which is very close to a subway station, circulator bus stop and nice restaurants!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lara76nl

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay! It is our goal to provide outstanding service to our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Classic hotel with charm. I was greeted with friendly smile and was checked in promptly. Doorman was just as pleasant. Room was spacious with a nice view of Pennsylvania Ave. Clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Unfortunately, I did not get to try the food but am told it is very good. Convenient to Metro (only a couple blocks either direction). I will definitely keep this in mind when I return to the city. Worked out cheaper than the big chains and I felt a much better experience. Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cavedog117

Wow, thank you for your wonderful comments! We are glad that you had a great experience and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Good size rooms by city standards and a good price - much cheaper than other hotels of similair standard, but valet parking by hotel is expensive- there is a car park about 100 yards away. Very convenient location. TGI Friday's 50 yards away , Founding Farmers restaurant 100 yards away ( booking essential for evening meal) .

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor at the rear of the hotel . Was very quiet except had refuse collection at...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daave

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. We look forward to having you back with us, hopefully in the near future.