“This is the best Hotel for business or pleasure when in Wash DC!”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #32 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 October 2013

There were a total of seven rooms for us this trip as I had my customer, academic partner and and my own staff stay here. I love this hotel and everyone was thrilled to have stayed here…great staff (cannot say enough about the staff from the bellman to front desk to the restaurant and cleaning crew), great location, impeccable rooms and great value. The staff bent over backwards to help me with our meeting at dinner Sunday and lunch in the Venetian Room yesterday.

The restaurant is so good that it makes no sense to go anywhere else and there are many choices in the immediate area. The historic hotel is quaint, not modern - well equipped and safe as I have traveled here alone in the past.

My guests were impressed and all said this will be their home in Wash DC next visit.
As I have in the past, I will make this my spot to stay when I am in Wash DC.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Greetings jobcreator,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and was able to experience our dining outlets as well.

Our goals is to treat every guests with the warmest welcome and to make you feel at home.
Again thank you for sharing and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,240)

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Loved everything about this hotel.
Room size was good, bedding was clean and comfortable.
The bathroom was a good size and also very clean. The only issue is the shower pressure was terrible. You had to run around in the shower to get wet!
Excellent location to main Washington DC sites ie. walking distance to white house, subway nearby, walking distance to Georgetown (which we loved).
Would stay here again if in Washington, and would recommend to friends.

Greetings Aussie_traveladdict,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate you and value you as our guest and we strive to always provide the best service to make our guests feel at home.

Hopefully we will see you on your next visit to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This small boutique hotel in the northwest area was a perfect location for our first trip to the Capitol. The room was nicely appointed, with a spacious bath, crisp linens and a friendly, helpful staff. We were able to walk to the monuments and down Constitution to a number of museums. We did take a cab to and from our tour of the Capitol Building due to distance and rain. The proximity to George Washington University added an academic flavor to our experience. Only negatives: whatever work was being done during the evening at a nearby location meant lots of noise-trucks backing up, trash/glass being dumped, construction sounds. Be prepared for expensive food if you eat in-house, although it is quite good.

Room Tip: Request an interior room, if possible, to cut down on street noise

Greetings jettan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The construction noise adjacent to the hotel has been addressed and we hope it did not ruin your evenings.

I hope that you will stay here again with us soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a charming hotel about a half mile from the White House. I was upgraded to a suite, which is like a little apartment - a separate sitting room and bedroom (both with doors). The service was great – from the doormen to the front desk to housekeeping. Very friendly and a clean hotel, free wifi, and the food for our meeting was very good. I do wish there was an outside seating / dining area – it was gorgeous weather while I was there and I would’ve loved to sit outside. Also, the bathroom is TINY and has no storage-the hair dryer is in a bag tied to the towel rack.

Honestly, I'm a modern hotel kinda gal but this hotel was chosen for me because of a work meeting. Thus, some of the charm was lost on me because I'd rather have the modern amenities. (an example is the fact that there was no ice machine (although they’ll bring the ice up to your room), no soda machine, a small fitness center in the basement and the furniture was antique – which equated to a wooden chair at the desk, whereas I’d rather have an ergonomic desk chair, that kind of thing) However, it’s not fair to actually review the hotel on stuff like that – the hotel doesn’t claim to be modern, it’s historic. But FYI if you’re into modern amenities vs. old world charm, this isn’t the best choice for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Greetings Cappyjuju,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and share your review. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Recently stayed a weekend at The Hotel Lombardy while moving our daughter into college. We ended up staying there bc many other hotels were booked. What luck we had- this hotel was great! The rooms are so spacious and the bed sheets are crisp as can be!! There was a nice kitchen area with a table and chairs which was great. Staff was very helpful and location was perfect for getting around. Just made reservations for Parents Weekend too!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank babbyNyc

Greetings babbyNyc,

Thank your for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you will make Lombardy your home away from home. Again we appreciate you.

See you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I recently stayed as part of a two-day business trip where I attended a conference at the GWU Marvin Center.

The location for getting to GWU is excellent, and it is also close to the Foggy Bottom Metro stop and to the Foggy Bottom Whole Foods.

The hotel itself is more like an old-school European experience. Tiny lobby, slow elevators, older hotel, smaller spaces, but done very nicely. For example, my room (regular King-size bed) came with a small kitchen and small dressing area. The bathroom is indeed very small, and I would have traded my dressing area for a bit more elbow-room in the bath.

My room was near the front of the hotel, and I had no problem with street noise.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the huge mini-bar fridge to store your own food and wine from the Foggy Bottom Who...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Greetings Bryan B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and tell us about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a wonderful surprise. After taking a little while to find the hotel we were pleasently surprised what we found. An extremely friendly bell boy who took our car to park and brought our luggage up and later brought us ice . The front desk guy was also very friendly. We were "upgraded" to a double queen room with a kitchenette. Beware these are not queen beds but double beds. The kitchenette had a small fridge that was stocked with drinks but there was lots of space for us to put our own drinks. There is no ice machine - you need to call for ice.

The room was lovely with a dresser that looked like my grandmothers and a desk. Beds were ver very comfortable but the pillows were too fluffy for me but you never know what people like. The bathroom was small but had everything you need with a rain shower which I love. The shampoo and lotions came from Bed and Bath.

Now the location: We were planning on borrowing the dc bicycles to ride around the city. There were 2 lots with these bicycles within 1 block of th hotel. There also is a Metrostation 2 blocks away. Lots of good food close by and easy access (via the dc bicycles) to the smithsonian and all the monuments. The days we were there it was 90+ degrees and riding the bikes was better than walking.

overall we would stay there again. My only issue was that I thought we were getting Queen beds but got doubles.

Room Tip: DON"T take the Double Queen unless you can sleep in a double bed. Get the "inside" r...
1  Thank Julia M

Greetings momofmultipleboys,

Thank you for posting your comments. We appreciate you and are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.