“Accentuates the DC experience!”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #34 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Check-in: checked in bit early, after bit of a waiting, we got an upgrade to a Suite...Wow!

Very courteous staff......valet parking was available at $35 / night (parking at the adjacent building's basement)...rooms are very comfortable and with good layout (suite)...bathroom fittings are not classy, but ok, only hitch was there was no full length mirror in the suite; may could use backside of the storage room door for the mirror.
Didn't dine at the hotel...there are plenty of options at a walking distance.

Overall, very good stay option for DC sight-seeing (most of the DC attractions are near-by e.g. White-house & GWU about 1/2 mile away) and adds to the DC experience since this is one of the heritage property!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and hopefully the next time you will get to experience our Restaurant.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Lombardy last weekend and had a lovely stay. We booked a King and a room with double beds. We were traveling as a family and found the hotel met all our needs. The King room was a bit tight, but the bathroom was very large and sunny. The room with double beds was much more spacious. The hotel from top to bottom is very clean. The lounge is especially inviting and cozy. The location,,,perfect. Just across the street was Founding Farmers a great food to table restaurant and Paul, a French bakery. Only 4 or 5 blocks from the White House and a few blocks from 2 metro stations. Most importantly you can't beat the price! Also 2 blocks away is a parking garage for half the price of valet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sophiadogasheville
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Greetings sophiadogasheville,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate you and value your opinions and we look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This weekend was my second visit, as I was well-satisfied on my first. This trip, I brought my wife for a city-visit. She and I were very comfortable. This is a very well restored and preserved older hotel. You get the good- large rooms with high ceilings and thick walls, and none of the bad - simply no complaints from us. The linen is lush, and the bath and shower are large and nice.
This hotel is located in Gold Triangle. During the week it is a financial district, although it grows a little quiet at night (a good thing). It's just a few blocks to Dupont Circle, and the Circulator Bus to Georgetown stops on the corner for easy trips to the evening's fun. It is halfway between Farragut West Metro and Foggy Bottom GWU Metro (three short blocks either way), so getting around on the Blue line (which serves the airport AND Smithsonian) is easy.
We liked the Peruvian across the street, El Chalon, and nieghboring Conn ave is an eating street.
We found the staff both friendly and professional, and the room to be impeccably clean.
The hotel has style, class, a bit of historical feeling, and a practical location.
This is my preferred address in this town. It's a bit outside the mass-tourist area (a good idea in DC!), but access to everything is easy. I also find excellent value.
I'll be back.

Room Tip: high floors at rear will be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings thrilldog99,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and are happy to be your home away from home.

Please come and visit us again soon, we look forward to having you.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hotel Lombardy was a nice hotel in a good area in DC. The bed was very comfy, the pillows were amazing, the room was clean and well lit. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained, it had a great big shower head that rained upon you. The water pressure was just fine. They also had B&BW products for your shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap, so that was a pleasant surprise. We parked on the street the entire time and didn't get a ticket (in that location anyway, the other three, well, that's another story). The staff were very friendly and willing to help. The ONLY complaint that I have is that I called down to the front desk to ask if they had a soda machine, as they did not leave any "complimentary waters" in our room the first night. The man insisted on bringing me diet cokes (which I did not ask for) and they charged me $10 for 2 12 oz cans of diet coke! Uhh... I didn't dispute it because I didn't want to look bad, but really? An extra $10 for something I didn't even ask for, that was kind of forced upon me kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. The $10 diet coke was delicious but....Dang! Long story short, they don't have soda machines and if they say they will bring you some, DENY IT because politely and nicely saying "It's okay" will end up costing you!

Room Tip: We had one in the back and there was just a view of another building. It was relatively quiet but I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings Hara S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit. In reference to the soda machine, no we do not have soda machines in the building, however we do have a mini bar that includes a variety of beverages. Please know that it is not our practice to provide a guest with something that they do not want or force upon them anything, perhaps it was a miscommunication and I regret to hear that this incident has occurred and was not reported to the Manager on duty.

I hope that this does not affect your decision to visit us in the future and I can assure you that this will not happen again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

One of our daughters went to George Washington U, and we spent 4 yrs visiting her in D.C. We just visited our now-graduated daughter, who's living in D.C., and we returned to the Lombardy. There are several hotels in close proximity to GW's campus, and our favorite was Hotel Lombardy. Conveniently located on I Street & Pennsylvania Avenues, all of Foggy Bottom is accessible on foot from here, and Georgetown is also within walking distance. The hotel offers 10 small floors of rooms, some with mini-kitchens. The basic rooms are fine, but we usually upgrade a notch. The bathrooms are old (read that: small) but the showerheads are modern and water pressure is good. Beds are comfortable, wireless internet is complimentary and the front desk staff is helpful. The lounge is a pleasant place for an afternoon/early evening drink, and my wife loves the breakfast offerings in the dining room. I recommend Hotel Lombardy if you are staying in Foggy Bottom.

Room Tip: Choose a room fronting on I Street for the best views of bustling Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Greetings MorayJohnny,

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing with the other travelers. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and now that your daughter lives here in the Nation's Capital we hope to see you a lot more.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This boutique hotel has lots of character and friendly staff. The location is convenient to the metro--my favourite place to stay in DC. Room service from the excellent café Lombardy is a nice option for a tired road warrior. Upgraded on my last stay to a Parkview Suite--very nice room with a sitting area and kitchen.

Room Tip: Parkview suites have a nice view but a bit of traffic noise from Pennsylvania Avenue and the ambulan...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Greetings OnetwentyOTR,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in offering outstanding service to our guests at all times.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location for my needs and walking distance to my clients, restaurants and shops. The staff was warm and welcoming and made you feel as if you count. The room was spacious and well-appointed. Wireless worked beautifully. Bathroom was spotless. A word of advice, if you use a CPAP machine or need an outlet near the bed, there isn't an available one so bring an extension cord.

Try their restaurant for meals. It's very reasonable and the food beautifully prepared. I would definitely go back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings abetter1,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you aain soon.