“Great location, basic room”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #32 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Incredibly central DC hotel and it being a Sunday I managed to park my rental car - for free - right outside. Lovely friendly doorman. I got the room on a bit of a deal so unsurprisingly it was a poor room - cramped and dark and at the back of the building - the view out of the window being the wall of the building right behind it, across a service alley. But you get what you pay for and all I wanted was a place to crash for one night that was close to the White House. Walked a fantastic circuit from the hotel that took in the White House, the monument, the reflecting pool, the Lincoln memorial, and then up to the Foggy Bottom Metro station and the site of the hospital where I was born. Memorable night in this famous city, and the hotel is okay... but when I have more money I'll get a better room!

Room Tip: You'll want to pay more for a room at the front!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ros B
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Greetings Ros B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to come back to Washington, DC where you were born and I hope that on your next visit you choose to stay with us again and you will be able to stay in one of our rooms that overlook Pennsylvania Avenue.

We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good location in Foggy Bottom only a few blocks from the Metro station and an easy walk to the White House. Room was a kingsize but the room was very basic with views to office buildings (10 ft one way and 30 ft the other way. Small bathroom, no fridge, fixed shower head and nothing at all special to get excited about. Pillows very lumpy and uncomfortable. We asked for feather pillows but they didn't have any others. No bathrobes in the room and when we asked they sent up only one. For the money you pay you would really expect more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front. The back views are terrible!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings Rob R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that we did not meet your full expectation. In reference to the bath robes, all of our guest rooms should be equipped with them and I will look into this matter as soon as possible.

Regarding the view, we do have different room types that offer front facing views and being located in the city unfortunately all guests rooms cannot have the best view and will most likely face another building , perhaps on your next visit we can see to it that you have a room with a better view.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is an older building and small but clean and perfectly fine in a great location right on Pennsylvania Avenue with an easy walk to many attractions. My room on fourth floor on the front of the hotel was quiet and my stay was uneventful. Free wifi access. Pleasant staff. Would stay here again. My trip was quick, one night for business and all was good.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Greetings Moxiefe,

Thank you for posting your comments. So glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great hotel… nice people.. clean. In house restaurant was great. on the 2nd night they did a special non menu request. It was wonderful. I walked to the Vietnam War Memorial. The hotel seemed to be walking distance from everything

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Greetings brian b,

Thank you for sharing. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to experience our restaurant as well.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

In my stay in the capital did a full tour of the main centers for politics and American history. It dates back to the origins of democracy in the country. I did a complete and comprehensive visits to museums , memorials and monuments to great leaders of America.

Also, walked from end to end across the capital , rail , walking and private vehicle.

I have talked with several locals and indigenous political era, which we specify a discussion and exchange of experience between U.S. & NICARAGUA ...

I found the chance to taste the American food and visit a top national universities and high global icon status, such as: . George Washington University - The Graduate School of Political Management /

Very nice ... my visit I learned a lot of culture , history and feeling palpable and sincere people that live in this city ...

Our God Bless America.

Blessings .

Fraternal Greetings .

MAB . GUSTAVO Baldelomar
Independent Consultant .
Public & Private Instances .
Rural Tourism Specialist .

Room Tip: room number 9 / sensational.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Greetings ASESOR I,

Thank you for taking sharing your comments. We are glad that you had a great stay and visit to Washington, DC.

We look forward to having you back with us and G.W.U School of Political Management are definitely our friends here at the Hotel Lombardy.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Only stayed one night but would stay again! Room was very clean and very comfortable. Noise from outside was not a factor as we were on the 5th floor. This is an older but charming hotel and very well maintained. The doormen were quite friendly as was any of the staff that we encountered. Loved that the shower and toilet had a separate door! So nice to be able to get ready while someone else is showering! Location is close to all attractions and walking distance to Georgetown and GWU which is where we needed to be! Thanks Hotel Lombardy~!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kattogo4

Greetings mkdapinto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate you and are glad that you had stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were able to just stay one night, but were so sad we couldn't spend a week! What a great little hotel! We felt like we were staying in some little European boutique hotel. It was so quaint and attractive! The staff were so nice and accomodating and the service was great and so friendly. I am a travel agent and can't wait to recommend this hotel to any clients traveling to Washington DC! Also, one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in, Founding Farmers, is located just across the street. Treat yourself to these two jewels!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings Sue_tts,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our goal to provide outstanding service always to each and every guests that comes through the door and I am happy to know that we have done that.