“Amazing, clean, and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #33 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I lost count of the number of hotels I stayed in, all I can remember is that they are many, and in different parts of the world, Lombardy is one that I can't forget, and one of the very few to remember. The hotel was very clean, the decor was fabulous, it just take the one into a trip to the past, to a beautiful era. The staff are so friendly, and it shows since the arrival, the check it didn't consume a lot of time. I feel that I should mention one of them who was so helpful, her name is chiffon, I urge the management of Lombardy to reward to her at the soonest as she is a very good example of how good an employee can be.

Stayed: January 2014
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Greetings Abdullah A,

Thanks again for leaving your comments. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,238)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have been staying at Hotel Lombardy for several years, on those occasions when we come into DC for business, a performance at the Kennedy Center, or a short get-away for pleasure. We are a family of four and two rooms always suffice, allowing us comfort at an affordable rate. The rooms are large and immaculate, with a separate minibar/sitting room and a bright, clean bathroom. The hotel is small and intimate. We enjoy the peaceful simplicity, without large dining rooms, enormous conference centers or high traffic lobbies. It's a true boutique hotel - small, quiet, elegant and very personal. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, without being too pretentious. Again, this speaks to the hotel's charm. The small dining room and cozy lounge offer deliciously prepared meals with fresh and flavorful ingredients. We always enjoy having a meal here. The location is superb for jaunts around town and business meetings, as well as being within walking or shuttle distance of the Kennedy Center (a complimentary red van transports patrons to-and-from the Foggy Bottom Metro, which is just steps away from the hotel). As we are frequent visitors to DC, we find the Hotel Lombardy reliable, enjoyable and friendly. It's an easy choice for us to always make our reservations here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Simplebutfantastic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and it is our goal to make sure that you have a memorable experience each time we have the honor of having you as our guest.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in tremendous number of hotels in many countries around the globe, but I have never felt the coziness I felt in Lombardy. The hotel is amazing, it just take the one into a trip to the past, I felt that as soon as I stepped into the hotel. I still remember the retro phone, and the telegram box. The staff were amazing, and so helpful, and friendly, they made me feel home especially chiffon, and I hope she forgives me if I wrote her name wrongly, she went all the way to the store in the next block to get me an adapter for my charger although the temperature was -13 that day. Hotel Lombardy management, staff like chiffon, should be rewarded generously so the beautiful spirit me and majority of your guests feel during their stays remains the icon of hotel Lombardy.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Greetings Abdullah A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate you and value your opinion. We strive daily to provide outstanding service to all of our guests.

Chaffon, is a great team member here and I will be sure to sure your comments with her.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a great overnight stay at the Lombardy last week. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. The hotel is absolutely charming: we loved the 1920s-30s vibe of the place. It was vintage without being shabby. We also loved the Venetian bar. It's a bit pricey, but it's a great place for a little nightcap before retiring to bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Greetings kazzam71,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your visit.

Corrado palenzona

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Hotel Lombardy was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there earlier in 2013 and I most certainly can recommend this hotel to anyone else, who is looking for reasonably priced hotel accommodation, well situated and within walking distance of many of the historical and other interesting sights around the city. I was delighted with the lovely king size bed covered by a thick and fluffy duvet and huge pillows, especially since the temperatures outside were freezing! Felt like a movie star in that big bed, all on my own!! The rooms are nicely furnished, very comfortable and everything works, which is especially pleasing. All the staff are extremely polite and very helpful and go out of their way to make one feel comfortable and very welcome. I loved the free newspaper at my door each day as well as 2 free bottles of water, delivered on a daily basis. A nice touch too, is the fully stocked fridge, albeit that the items are expensive, but that's up to the individual. At least the choice is there if needed. Special thanks must go to Christina, who assisted me when I couldn't get my mobile to connect with the free Wifi! Christina willing booked my shuttle service to the airport when I enquired about it and also booked my night tour. She was extremely helpful with advising travelling on the Metro and where the nearest stations are etc. Christina took the stress out of being a solo traveller in a big city like DC and I cannot thank her enough!! I look forward to my next visit to DC and most definitely will stay at the Hotel Lombardy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking onto Pennsylvania Avenue and as high up as possible - lovely view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Theresa F

Greetings Theresa F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

We strive to offer outstanding service to each of our guests. I will be sure to acknowledge and inform Christina of your kind words, she is definitely a great asset to our team.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Out if the handful of hotels I've stayed in this area I am partial to this one. The rooms are more what I would imagine small 1920s ny apartments to be. Each room with a shutter door and clean but dark hallways. Inside our room a comfy bed, ceiling fan, dresser and desk. A dressing room attached to the bath with the small fridge and coffee maker.

The neighborhood is not dupont circle but nice. More restaurants then shops. A nice sitting park just cross the street. Easy to navigate and comfortable.

The mini bar isn't fancy. The service isn't out going. I prefer my own toiletries. I can sometimes hear the creaking of guesting walking in the room above. Yet I prefer staying here. I think it's just the "Sigh, I'm home” feeling I get when I stumble in from a long hard day of sight seeing and tedious spa visits :)

Room Tip: I've read here and there that sleeping is hard here but we are settled at the end of the hall aw...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wickd3

Greetings Wickd3,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad that you had a nice experience with us.

We definitely like to market ourselves as "your home away from home", many guests feel the same way and that is what we strive to offer each guests... a very comfortable experience.

Again thanks for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have stayed in many places in DC but this worked best for me. I had a room on the front which may have helped, but what I was most impressed by was the service from housekeeping. The light bulb had gone in the bathroom (OK. maybe they should have checked) but when I called a few minutes after check in, I had hardly put the 'phone down when a member of the housekeeping staff knocked on my door, confirmed there was a problem and fixed it all within 5 minutes of my call. I've had worse service in places I've paid a lot more for. I'll certainly use it again.
On the other hand, I met a couple of people who were at the back of the hotel and they didn't like it at all, although I couldn't quite pin down their problem.

Room Tip: I would go for a room at the front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Johngpsysmith

Greetings Johngpsysmith,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is our goal daily to provide outstanding service to all of our guests and ensure that their stay is memorable.

I hope you had a chance to try our chef's wonderful cuisine while you were here as well.

Again thank you and we look forward to having you visit us again soon.