“Fantastic hotel in a central location”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #34 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Lombardy this weekend and are already planning to go back then next time we're in DC. Our suite was spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. The best part about the hotel is it's location: about a five minute walk to two metro stations, five blocks from the White House, and in the middle plenty of restaurants in a range of prices. We didn't need a car since the Lombardy was a great home base to visit museums and monuments (even though it was cold out we walked or took the metro and avoided parking fees and car rental fees). Lastly, the general manager, Corrado, was attentive and pleasant. He suggested we check out POV bar at the W hotel because it has a cool view of the White House, and Ebbit Grill for it's oyster bar. Thanks for the suggestions, Corrado. You were right on both accounts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Greetings stormred,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and are planning to visit us again. It was my pleasure to offer suggestions and I am happy to hear that you found my recommendations to be of your liking.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staff are helpful at every turn. Rooms are updated and quiet throughout the night. Restaurant is restful, staff is exceedingly attentive and chef is superb.
Location is perfect for downtown DC.

If you are in DC, stay at the Lombardy!

• Stayed: February 2014

Greetings vaf3,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy for your stay. We appreciate you and are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Handy location near GWU and two metros stations couple blocks away, this is our second stay here. Large suite-like rooms with separate kitchen/fridge and coffee-maker. Waffle bathrobes, nice linens, frette towels. No slippers and too fat pillows. I wish pillows were softer, my neck hurt afterwards all day. Bellboys, bartender in Venetian all super and helpful, thanks. Will stay again, maybe they will get sofert slmmer pillows in the meantime....

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank smartiq
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Greetings smartiq,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We value your opinions and use them as a tool to improve our service, In fact, our goal in the next 45 days is to have options for our guests to have a softer pillow if they wish.

Having feedback from our guests is crucial for the success of our hotel and we appreciate it.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

First the positives
+Probably best location in town
+spacious rooms
+good food prep areas in the room helpful for longer trips

Negatives:
-expensive parking (particularly as I was not told there was a charge in advance)
- bundled "continental" breakfast was very poor
- front of house staff highly variable quality, doormen and porters often more interested in checking their phones than helping (or even acknowledging) clients
- gym was comically awful
- poor after sales service - I raised many of these points directly with management and my emails were ignored. Will not be returning based on this alone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Greetings Edgecumbe,

Thank you for posting your comments. I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We strive to provide outstanding service at all times.

I would like to know more about your concerns, at your convenience can you please contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The price is right for this old world, charming hotel. However the paper thin walls are clearly wrong. I had to call down to the front desk to complain at 3am during the first night of my stay becasue of an arguing couple next door. The following night the creaking floor boards from rooms around me also kept me up. Should i be entitled to some sort of compensation for this?
The staff were pleasant and helpful during check in and check out. The room was very well appointed.

Overall I would stay again but I would bring a pair of ear plugs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings tribecaNY,

Thank you for posting your comments. I am disappointed to hear that your visit was less than perfect. We strive to provide the best service at all times and in this case, what happened was out of our control and the guests were notified immediately and our staff acted quickly in an effort to not have this disturbance linger.

We hope that this does not affect your decision to stay with us again in the future, because we would be delighted to have you.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Lovely hotel in a great location just a few blocks from the White House. Small and old fashioned, but with lovely big rooms and the bed was really comfortable and dressed with quality linens. Bathroom was huge, with a small dressing area and there was a big closet. It was nice and really quiet (apart from what sounded like a garbage truck at the crack of dawn most mornings).
There is free wifi, you are offered bottled water at night, and a free newspaper in the morning. We had booked the hotel for several nights at the start of a trip and we liked it so much we went back for a couple of nights at the end of the trip, which I think speaks for itself.
Didn’t have much interaction with the staff other than the doormen, who are charming.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedSoxGirl_46

Greetings RedSoxGirl_46,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad that you had a nice visit and look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I lost count of the number of hotels I stayed in, all I can remember is that they are many, and in different parts of the world, Lombardy is one that I can't forget, and one of the very few to remember. The hotel was very clean, the decor was fabulous, it just take the one into a trip to the past, to a beautiful era. The staff are so friendly, and it shows since the arrival, the check it didn't consume a lot of time. I feel that I should mention one of them who was so helpful, her name is chiffon, I urge the management of Lombardy to reward to her at the soonest as she is a very good example of how good an employee can be.

Stayed: January 2014

Greetings Abdullah A,

Thanks again for leaving your comments. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us again soon.