“My favorite hotel, ever.”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #36 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is seriously my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. The decor is lovely and unique, the bed was comfy, the shower was awesome. It's located within walking distance of basically everything you'd want to see in DC -- just about equidistant from the National Mall and the Lincoln Memorial (and everything near each of those). Just a short walk from the metro. Neighborhood it's in (Foggy Bottom) has lots of restaurants. The service was not just good, but actually noteworthy -- incredibly personalized, friendly service. I actually felt like a valued patron. The food (I had a strip steak, peach cobbler, and I let them choose a Merlot for me) was fantastic and the room service was surprisingly reasonably priced. And the rate was FANTASTIC. I will definitely, without a doubt, stay here every time I travel to DC.

If you feel like reading more, here's more:

-I flew into DCA and it only took me about 20 minutes total via the metro and walking to get to the hotel.
-The toiletries were great quality -- Bath & Body Works stuff with very subtle scent. I loved it.
-The coffee was really good.
-The bathroom was huge and had a little vanity to sit and do hair and makeup. I loved that. It made me feel fancy (hah).
-It had way more amenities than I would expect for the price. Fridge, fully stocked mini bar, coffee maker (and tea!), hair dryer, free in-room wifi, nice soft robe, on-site restaurant & lounge, room service. I feel like I'm forgetting stuff, even.
-Great neighborhood. Felt very safe, was very clean, even relatively quiet.
-Close to a bike share station, if you're into that sort of thing.

Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank krista1203
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Greetings krista1203,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy, I really enjoyed reading your review it was like reading a brochure.
We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was completely surprised by this lovely little gem. The welcoming staff were delightful, especially since they'd been dealing with the ramifications of a huge snow storm, stranding many guests. My parkview room was incredible - comfy bed, small kitchenette, even a tiny dressing area outside of the bathroom. The bar/lounge was terrific.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally F

Greetings Sally F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We enjoyed two nights at this lovely little hotel last weekend. Nothing to complain about whatsoever. We had a cute room with a little kitchen and comfortable beds. We liked the uniqueness of the hotel and we found the staff to be very accommodating and pleasant. Easy check in. Good location. Our room was on the 9th floor and we did not hear any noise at all. It didn't have a great view, but we didn't care about that. Both of us slept quite soundly. We would definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked being on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings 1bookworm,

Thanks you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate you and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most of all to that you would definitely come back.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are grateful to an impending snowstorm that led us to book a night at Hotel Lombardy
rather than traveling to our home in northern Virginia. We opted for this hotel because of its location and very reasonable price compared to large DC hotels. What a treat! What a welcome. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding--from those at the reception desk to housekeeping to bellman/valet. We were charmed by the European atmosphere of this boutique hotel, built in 1926, and our surprisingly cozy yet spacious room with king-size bed. The bathroom is divided into two parts--sink and vanity are conveniently separated by a door from the shower and toilet. Parking overnight cost $43 (including tax). Even so, our cost for the room (with AAA or AARP discount) and parking was about $170. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the cozy, bright cafe (not included in room rate).

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor (yes, there are elevators) with a view of "i" street and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Greetings Carlita62,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We strive to provide an outstanding service to all of our guests at all times.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Loved this European hotel in the middle of DC - we stayed in a Suite on the 9th floor and just loved
The charm. Enjoy a late night drink in the Venetian room for a real "throw back" treat - the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful - what a treat!!!

Stayed: March 2014

Greetings ToniandJerry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Bottom line is that you can't fundamentally argue with a hotel with such lovely rooms at such a good price that is this well located. That said, I was somehow left a little underwhelmed. It somehow ends up feeling a little pokey (the photos make it look larger and grander than it is; you squeeze through a narrow entrance to a tiny reception space with just a couple of chairs, with an equally tiny reception area up some stairs to the left. And the narrow corridors feel gloomy and ill-lit. And someone it wasn't a surprise that the door didn't open easily and we had to spend a minute rattling it each time we wanted to get in, or that the air on burst rudely and noisily to life at 5am. This isn't what I expect from a hotel with such good trip adviser reviews. But I end where I started: the room we had really was lovely: two very comfy queen beds, with very comfy pillows that was well appointed, had ample space and suffered from no road noise. For the price we were paying it felt like a real bargain and I doubt you'd get much better for the price elsewhere in DC.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H_Alst0n

Greetings H_Alst0n,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We value your opinions and we use them as tool to improve our service. I apologize that your overall stay did not meet your full expectations. I am glad to hear however that you enjoyed the guestroom.

We would like to get an opportunity to have you back with us someday.

Sincerely.,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We planned a night away at the Hotel Lombardy and we had a great experience! The room was lovely and clean. The front desk was efficient and welcoming! The porter at the door was really friendly and nice and wanted to help you. We went to the restaurant later in the evening and were the only one there and had a great meal. I recommend the salmon as it was wonderful as was our waiter! He was kind, helpful and friendly! A truly great experience.
I would suggest two things to the hotel. The fridge was well stocked but we were lacking in our caffeinated coffee and the coffee pot did not open on the shelf that it was placed on. Also room service was really slow as it took 20 minutes or more to deliver a pot of coffee. the upshot of this is make sure you check the morning coffee is stocked! I will say that the hotel is located so centrally that it is wonderful!
But all in all a great stay and a wonderful Valentines day weekend!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Greetings Annwyn L,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you chose to spend Valentine's Day weekend here with us.

It appears that overall you really enjoyed your stay, we value you comments and use them as a tool to train and increase our level of service.

We look forward to having you back with us soon.