“Great Value, Wonderful Location”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #33 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Fantastic location. A ten minute walk and you can be on the Mall, Kennedy Center, or any number of restaurants in Georgetown. Only took a cab once to Capitol Hill. The hotel has an old school European feel. Service and Staff first rate, can't say enough! From the Doorman, Front Desk Staff, to the Housekeeping Staff, everyone was friendly and professional. Had breakfast in the restaurant. Fast service and reasonably priced. For me the bar was the special gem. Not too big, quite cozy, and a great place to end the day. Tillman was our bartender while we were there. He mixes a great cocktail, and gave us some nice places to check out. Be sure to stop in and see him. Keep in mind that the hotel was built in 1929, so the walls are a tad on the thin side, and you may occasionally hear your neighbor. There is also a service alley that runs along the rear of the property. The garbage trucks collect the trash early in the a.m., so see if you can book a room overlooking the park. The hotel has no control over thin walls, or garbage pickup times, but what they can control they do a masterful job of it. I would not hesitate to stay at this gem again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park are quieter than those at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron h
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Greetings Ron h,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided you with great service.

I will definitely let Tilman know that you mentioned him in your review if he has not seen it already.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sincerely

Corrado Palenzona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been traveling to Washington DC for business for 12 years but never had occasion to stay at Hotel Lombardy until this week. I have stayed at dozens of hotels including the high-end ones and for the money Hotel Lombardy is the best by far. The rooms are large, have high ceilings, great beds and bedding, bathrooms with natural light and a HDTV with full cable. I was surprised to learn that most rooms include a kitchenette - a separate room, with a stainless steel kitchen, a table and chairs and a large window. There is an adorable restaurant on site with amazing food at reasonable prices and because the hotel is not enormous room service arrives quickly and hot. There is even a separate bar. But the very best thing about the hotel may be the service. Everyone is so helpful and happy. They anticipate your needs. When they are not helping you grab a cab they are polishing the brass on the front door or gifting guests with apples. It is as if you are in a Disney movie! I spoke with several guests and learned that many have been regulars for 5-10-15 years. I have never written such a glowing review and I even hesitate to let people know of this gem but this is such a gem I had to let them know. I will be a regular.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank boomers2

Greetings boomers2,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy, we realize you could have stayed many of other places.

Our staff is the best and we appreciate our guests so much and go out of our way to make every person feel welcome and at home.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is seriously my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. The decor is lovely and unique, the bed was comfy, the shower was awesome. It's located within walking distance of basically everything you'd want to see in DC -- just about equidistant from the National Mall and the Lincoln Memorial (and everything near each of those). Just a short walk from the metro. Neighborhood it's in (Foggy Bottom) has lots of restaurants. The service was not just good, but actually noteworthy -- incredibly personalized, friendly service. I actually felt like a valued patron. The food (I had a strip steak, peach cobbler, and I let them choose a Merlot for me) was fantastic and the room service was surprisingly reasonably priced. And the rate was FANTASTIC. I will definitely, without a doubt, stay here every time I travel to DC.

If you feel like reading more, here's more:

-I flew into DCA and it only took me about 20 minutes total via the metro and walking to get to the hotel.
-The toiletries were great quality -- Bath & Body Works stuff with very subtle scent. I loved it.
-The coffee was really good.
-The bathroom was huge and had a little vanity to sit and do hair and makeup. I loved that. It made me feel fancy (hah).
-It had way more amenities than I would expect for the price. Fridge, fully stocked mini bar, coffee maker (and tea!), hair dryer, free in-room wifi, nice soft robe, on-site restaurant & lounge, room service. I feel like I'm forgetting stuff, even.
-Great neighborhood. Felt very safe, was very clean, even relatively quiet.
-Close to a bike share station, if you're into that sort of thing.

Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank krista1203
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Greetings krista1203,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy, I really enjoyed reading your review it was like reading a brochure.
We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was completely surprised by this lovely little gem. The welcoming staff were delightful, especially since they'd been dealing with the ramifications of a huge snow storm, stranding many guests. My parkview room was incredible - comfy bed, small kitchenette, even a tiny dressing area outside of the bathroom. The bar/lounge was terrific.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally F

Greetings Sally F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We enjoyed two nights at this lovely little hotel last weekend. Nothing to complain about whatsoever. We had a cute room with a little kitchen and comfortable beds. We liked the uniqueness of the hotel and we found the staff to be very accommodating and pleasant. Easy check in. Good location. Our room was on the 9th floor and we did not hear any noise at all. It didn't have a great view, but we didn't care about that. Both of us slept quite soundly. We would definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked being on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings 1bookworm,

Thanks you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate you and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most of all to that you would definitely come back.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are grateful to an impending snowstorm that led us to book a night at Hotel Lombardy
rather than traveling to our home in northern Virginia. We opted for this hotel because of its location and very reasonable price compared to large DC hotels. What a treat! What a welcome. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding--from those at the reception desk to housekeeping to bellman/valet. We were charmed by the European atmosphere of this boutique hotel, built in 1926, and our surprisingly cozy yet spacious room with king-size bed. The bathroom is divided into two parts--sink and vanity are conveniently separated by a door from the shower and toilet. Parking overnight cost $43 (including tax). Even so, our cost for the room (with AAA or AARP discount) and parking was about $170. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the cozy, bright cafe (not included in room rate).

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor (yes, there are elevators) with a view of "i" street and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Greetings Carlita62,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We strive to provide an outstanding service to all of our guests at all times.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Loved this European hotel in the middle of DC - we stayed in a Suite on the 9th floor and just loved
The charm. Enjoy a late night drink in the Venetian room for a real "throw back" treat - the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful - what a treat!!!

Stayed: March 2014

Greetings ToniandJerry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.