“Excellent Hotel Even Better Service! Can't Beat That” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #40 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Hotel Even Better Service! Can't Beat That”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Hotel is located near Capital Hill and many Museums. Beautifully decorated but bit pricey where food is concerned. Don`t have to eat there as Union Station is only 10min walk away. What I really loved was the SERVICE by the people who worked there. They really take care of you. Let me tell you what happened. My husband parked the car somewhere on the street and when he went to look for it he could not remember where he parked it. My insulin was left in the car and I desperately needed it. My husband walked for hours and hours. Then BESRAT who works at the Valley Parking saw my anxiety and told me not to worry. He remembers my husband going along a certain street and shouldn``t be long before he finds it. Well soon turned into hours and hours. He tried to calm me down and said don't worry no one is going to break in. I was in panic mode and Besrat could see this. He then spoke with his managers KIM and BRYCE who tried to assist. Well Bryce tried his magic as apparently you can locate a car by the meter number which my husband had. Still no luck.. Customer service tried to pin point the location but it may take another 24hrs. WHAT TO DO NOW. I went to my room and started to cry. Then I get a phone call. After BESRAT`s shift he went in his van on his own time and did a few rounds to try and locate the car. He knew what it looked like and that it had Canadian Liceance plates. He almost gave up when I don`t know what made him go a certain direction and he found our mini van. OH MY GOD. Can you believe this!. The man tried to help us during his shift and when the car still could not be found he went after his shift and out of his to to help us. Let me tell you there are not many people like that out there any more. I mean the Hotel could have ignored me and said there`s nothing they can do They were really busy but still managed to squeeze me in. I must say if people get rated and raises for this then I would give them 6 stars with an increase in pay and bonous. Would I recommend this to family or friends. Absolutly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Hungarian first
Ivy, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Hotel Lombardy is a great value for an Historic Hotel with a great location in DC that is central to visiting the historic sights, George Washington University and for meetings at government offices like the State Department or Federal Reserve. What sets this hotel apart from the many others in the area, however, is the fabulous staff. From the friendly and helpful greeting of the doorman to the competent and delightful desk, these folks will make you feel like a treasured guest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Greetings Linda P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel at home. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Sherwood, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Hotel Lombardy for 3 nights this April. We loved this hotel. The room was quite spacious, clean and the beds were super comfortable. We loved the 'vintage' feel of the hotel. It had a great sense of personality. The hotel's location is super convenient too, it's located within a 10 minute walk from the heart of Georgetown shopping and is a quick walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro stop. It's also a quick walk to the White House, which is lovely to see at night. We were able to get to all of the DC sites quite easily. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank erockhass
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Greetings erockhass,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We appreciate you and are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It is our goal to make every guest happy.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

A beautiful hotel right in the center of the city. It gives you a feeling of a heritage property. There are numerous eateries around the place. The lobby is small but don't form your impression just from the lobby. The complete hotel is carpeted. The room has an all white interior, very sophisticated. The cleanliness is of the highest order. You also get a complimentary newspaper each morning in your room. Attached to the room area is a long gallery space, which is a small pantry complete with a small dining table, oven. But that space isn't conspicuous once you enter the room and take a glance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Wheely_Heels,

Thank you for posting your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and are glad that you were pleased with your visit.

Again we thank you and we look forward to having you back with us.

Teversal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

All of the staff that we had contact with were very friendly and helpful - and professional. Great location - we walked to the White House and saw the Cherry Blossom Festival.very good decoration, good breakfast and dinner and very comfortable bar.Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings AJxailom,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you picked a great time to visit the city, the Cherry Blossoms are amazing.

We look forward to having you back with us.

Madison Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

From our very first contact at check in, till the valet parking at departure, all of the staff that we had contact with were very professional and very service oriented! It has a great location - we walked to Georgetown and the Cherry Blossom Festival - lots within easy walking distance. Very tastefully decorated. Nice little touches. Very comfortable furnishings! Definitely would recommend!

Room Tip: King bed room was very spacious!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings LAPF2013,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy that you chose to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy and also that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Actually stayed in January of 2013, just before the inauguration.

A spotless hotel with classic stylings, Hotel Lombardy punches well above its star rating. Where other places may retain their stars on technical points, the Lombardy only loses them on same.

From memory, I booked myself a standard king-size room. It was generously proportioned, well laid out and very nicely appointed. It boasted a little kitchenette and small round kitchen table, pseudo walk-in closet and gleaming bathroom, the latter being of vital importance to my neurotic peace of mind. All this at a very reasonable price.

Can't recommend Hotel Lombardy enough, so I won't. Besides, as my DC go-to hotel, I don't want it booked out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Greetings geneticoddity,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will definitely come back soon, perhaps when it is a little warmer.

We look forward to having you back with us.