“Sophisticated, Comfortable Hotel with Great Service!”
Review of Hotel Lombardy

Hotel Lombardy
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
San Francisco, California
“Sophisticated, Comfortable Hotel with Great Service!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at The Hotel Lombardy for 5 nights last month with my husband and our 8-year-old daughter and was thoroughly impressed. The hotel is intimate, yet service is top-notch. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and each time we returned to the hotel after being out for the day. Our room was very clean and decorated in a sophisticated neutral palette. The bed was incredibly comfortable, which is a huge plus for us when traveling! Our room was always immaculate when we returned from our daily activities. We had breakfast each morning in the sunny dining room. The staff was extremely efficient and the food was delicious. My daughter loved the French Toast! The intimate bar is the best-kept secret in DC for a romantic cocktail before dinner or private place to discuss business at the end of the day. We have the opportunity to travel to DC a few times a year and will definitely return to The Hotel Lombardy!

1 Thank Robin K
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Greetings Robin K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our dining facilities. Your daughter has great taste, our French Toast is the signature breakfast item for the Cafe.
Again we appreciate you and hope to see you and your family soon.

Thanks,

Corrado Palenzona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Hungarian first
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had stayed in DC before on a sightseeing trip staying around F Street and 7th near Verizon Centre. We were quite interested in trying the Georgetown side of the city and from the overall very good reviews we decided to book the Lombardy. The hotel was fine,check in smooth, and a reasonable room with windows on 2 sides at the back. Bathroom ok but a bit short on hanging space for towels and bathrobes but not a big deal. The main problem we found was that the corridors were incredibly dark and gloomy. Service was so so - a bit off hand which we found most unusual for the US where we have travelled very extensively for years.However the hotel has a very good breakfast room and the food was excellent. It does depend on what you are looking for but for first time visitors maybe the area around 7th street where there is a bit more activity and buzz maybe the way to go.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings iloveolives,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Lombardy. I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet y0ur expectations. We strive to provide excellent serve to our guests at all time and if we fall short we use your comments as a tool to make improvements.
So again we thank you for your feedback and hope that we will see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Hotel is located near Capital Hill and many Museums. Beautifully decorated but bit pricey where food is concerned. Don`t have to eat there as Union Station is only 10min walk away. What I really loved was the SERVICE by the people who worked there. They really take care of you. Let me tell you what happened. My husband parked the car somewhere on the street and when he went to look for it he could not remember where he parked it. My insulin was left in the car and I desperately needed it. My husband walked for hours and hours. Then BESRAT who works at the Valley Parking saw my anxiety and told me not to worry. He remembers my husband going along a certain street and shouldn``t be long before he finds it. Well soon turned into hours and hours. He tried to calm me down and said don't worry no one is going to break in. I was in panic mode and Besrat could see this. He then spoke with his managers KIM and BRYCE who tried to assist. Well Bryce tried his magic as apparently you can locate a car by the meter number which my husband had. Still no luck.. Customer service tried to pin point the location but it may take another 24hrs. WHAT TO DO NOW. I went to my room and started to cry. Then I get a phone call. After BESRAT`s shift he went in his van on his own time and did a few rounds to try and locate the car. He knew what it looked like and that it had Canadian Liceance plates. He almost gave up when I don`t know what made him go a certain direction and he found our mini van. OH MY GOD. Can you believe this!. The man tried to help us during his shift and when the car still could not be found he went after his shift and out of his to to help us. Let me tell you there are not many people like that out there any more. I mean the Hotel could have ignored me and said there`s nothing they can do They were really busy but still managed to squeeze me in. I must say if people get rated and raises for this then I would give them 6 stars with an increase in pay and bonous. Would I recommend this to family or friends. Absolutly!

Ivy, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Hotel Lombardy is a great value for an Historic Hotel with a great location in DC that is central to visiting the historic sights, George Washington University and for meetings at government offices like the State Department or Federal Reserve. What sets this hotel apart from the many others in the area, however, is the fabulous staff. From the friendly and helpful greeting of the doorman to the competent and delightful desk, these folks will make you feel like a treasured guest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Greetings Linda P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel at home. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Hotel Lombardy for 3 nights this April. We loved this hotel. The room was quite spacious, clean and the beds were super comfortable. We loved the 'vintage' feel of the hotel. It had a great sense of personality. The hotel's location is super convenient too, it's located within a 10 minute walk from the heart of Georgetown shopping and is a quick walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro stop. It's also a quick walk to the White House, which is lovely to see at night. We were able to get to all of the DC sites quite easily. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank erockhass
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Greetings erockhass,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We appreciate you and are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It is our goal to make every guest happy.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A beautiful hotel right in the center of the city. It gives you a feeling of a heritage property. There are numerous eateries around the place. The lobby is small but don't form your impression just from the lobby. The complete hotel is carpeted. The room has an all white interior, very sophisticated. The cleanliness is of the highest order. You also get a complimentary newspaper each morning in your room. Attached to the room area is a long gallery space, which is a small pantry complete with a small dining table, oven. But that space isn't conspicuous once you enter the room and take a glance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings Wheely_Heels,

Thank you for posting your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and are glad that you were pleased with your visit.

Again we thank you and we look forward to having you back with us.

Teversal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

All of the staff that we had contact with were very friendly and helpful - and professional. Great location - we walked to the White House and saw the Cherry Blossom Festival.very good decoration, good breakfast and dinner and very comfortable bar.Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings AJxailom,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you picked a great time to visit the city, the Cherry Blossoms are amazing.

We look forward to having you back with us.