Hotel Lombardy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Wink(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
The St. Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AKA White House(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,270 results
All reviewsvenetian roomwhite houseceiling fanworld bankgeorge washington universitycharming hotelfoggy bottomdressing areasmall kitchenettestay there againwhole foodsoffice buildingwithin walking distancean older hotelfew blocksupgraded to a suitebed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We have stayed at Hotel Lombardy every summer for the past 8 years. Each time we have spent at least 4 days in DC. This Hotel is in a great location. This year we were upgraded to a suite for a 6-day visit.

The rooms are large and always clean. The suites are the best. We love their little kitchens and the décor all around. The staff is friendly and very helpful. They respond promptly to any concerns.

This is a classy hotel with a good feel to it. We have stayed in 4 star hotels in New York that that were disappointing and don’t even come close to Hotel Lombardy. Hotel Lombardy is way better than its rating of 3.5 star.

We love café Lombardy: Great for breakfast and even better for dinner or room service. Their steak is great!

The staff brings chocolate to your room every evening and they turn on the lights and draw the drapes if you are not there.

We are used to the elevator (needs an operator at all times). If there is one thing that needs change it would be the installation of an automatic elevator to free the patrons from waiting.

We will be back next year (hopefully get the suite!). For people like us that travel a lot, this hotel ranks at the top of our list. Hotel Blake in Chicago is a close second!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2009

On a trip to D.C. for my sons graduation we stayed at the Lombardi. Having read the reviews I thought it a safe bet. Well what a rediculous time we had there. First off the sheets had holes in them and when the maids came they didn't understand english so trying to explain it was difficult. Our bathroom door didn't stay closed. I was staying with my son so this was uncomfortable for us both. I reported it to the front desk and the manager and it never was even looked at in the 3 days we were there. Oh, by the way the bathrooms are very small and old. O.k. if that isn't enough when we went to the bar after eating out one night, around 10;00, it was closed. When I enquired as to why it was closed I was told there were'nt enough people in the bar so the bartender went home. The elevator was another unusual experience. It was the old fashioned sort where you need someone to operate it. At first I thougfht it was quaint.but the man operating it was never around to bring you up. Luckily, we were on the third floor so we used the stairs. The food wasn't bad but there are so many other better places to stay and eat in D.C. Upon checking out I asked to see the manager to express my dissatisfaction .he never came. Don't waste your time or money here.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank bica1
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed here in early August, 2009. My spouse had stayed here a few nights for business several years ago. Both times, it has been fine. It rates 3 1/2 stars, easily.

It is close to the Metro, and there are a suprising number of restaurants in a few blocks (because of GWU, I'm sure. It used to be that downtown DC closed up at 5:00 pm).

In our most recent stay, the room had all the amenities of most remodeled hotels, with all the comforters and robes. The room was a good size (we were fortunate to get one on the front of the hotel, with a view over Penn. Ave, but needed to keep the blinds closed from the afternoon sun).

We did go into the lounge for a late-evening cocktail with friends. It is unusually decorated, and cozy, and the bartender was great. Of course, she wasn't very busy.

I do want to say that the basic management and front-house staff made me a just a slight bit nervous. So I recommend keeping a good watch on your valuables, not drinking out of the glasses in the room, and besides that, enjoy your stay.

Our friends who stayed in another room had an uncomfortable experience, coming back into the room about 6:30 pm, and finding a maid in the room who couldn't explain her presence.

But still, I would stay there again, if we find a good deal for the room.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank consaac
Reviewed 15 August 2009

When we booked our stay, we were not aware of the construction going on in front of the hotel. The construction, which is on the sidewalk, makes it difficult to get in and out of the hotel and also makes loading and unloading difficult. When we checked in, the front desk clerk was rude - he had to remove his ear buds to answer our questions and then only gave us the briefest responses. The doormen were friendly and helpful, but weren't always easy to find. Our room was clean and in order when we arrived. We stayed five days and only had problems with housekeeping once - we came back at 4:30 pm to find our room unserviced. When my husband called down, they sent someone up about 30 minutes later and she took care of it. The other major problem with our stay was on Friday afternoon. We came back to the room about 2 pm to take a nap. At 3:15, we were awaken by loud music coming from the courtyard behind the hotel. When my husband called the front desk to inquire about the noise, he was informed it was an employee party, which should end about 4, and we were basically told to deal with the noise. At this point, it almost seemed like they increased the noise of the music. On Saturday morning, we woke up to the sound of construction - they were renovating a room on our hall. Overall, I was not pleased with my experience. The location is great - about 2 blocks either direction to the metro and close to some good restaurants. The bath products were all Bath and Body Works and were really nice. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were decent. However, the hotel struck me as very creepy - like the hotel in The Shining. Oh, and their "cardio room" consisted of two treadmills, an exercise bike, a stair master and an eliptical. Not very exercise friendly...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The hotel is conveniently located - 2 blocks from metro and there is a circulator bus stop across the street which takes you to Georgetown.

The bellboys/elevator operators were very friendly. However, the lady at the front desk who checked us in did not come across as welcoming. A smile would help. The room was bigger than I expected - there was a living area plus a separate bedroom with a king-size bed. The bellboys kept telling us that we got a great room. It was only afterwards when I checked the hotel website that I realized I was upgraded to a suite. Interesting that the lady at the front desk didn't mention anything.

Negatives: There is no in-room safe. Also, upon check-out, I was asked by the bellboy if I needed a cab (to the Reagan airport) to which I said yes. He tried for 2 minutes and then told me to get in one of those black lincoln sedans. I questioned the bellboy saying that it wasn't what I asked for but he said "It's OK. He works for us and he charges the same as a cab." It was raining hard at the time so I got in the car. I asked the driver how he was going to charge me and he said the flat rate is $25, same as a cab. I did take a cab from the airport to the hotel and it costed me under $20 including tips. I also recall reading the rates posted inside the cab and there was something about a ceiling rate of $25 between the airport and the hotel area. I told the driver that it costed me under $20 and there was no "flat rate" and he mumbled something about the $25 included luggage which wasn't true as my luggage was small and the cab didn't charge me luggage fee. As I was enroute to the airport, I didn't want any delays so I didn't fight with him.

Lesson being don't let the bellboys flag you one of "his cars", make sure you get a cab.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple