Hotel Lombardy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Wink(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
The St. Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AKA White House(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,270 results
All reviewsvenetian roomwhite houseceiling fanworld bankgeorge washington universitycharming hotelfoggy bottomdressing areasmall kitchenettestay there againwhole foodsoffice buildingwithin walking distancean older hotelfew blocksupgraded to a suitebed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2009

If you spend several hundred dollars for a night in a hotel, maybe its me but I expect service. The attitude at the front desk (I checked in late afternoon) left alittle to be desired. After checking in, the lifts... They are manual. And there are only 2. For a ~10 story building with ~15 rooms to a floor. Thus, we waited. And waited. I ended up taking the stairs to my 4th floor room. Worse: the next morning, one of the lifts was down for what looked like maintenance. Room itself was v clean, functional. Seperate kitchen, flat screen TV and Kohler shower head a nice touch. Provided toiletries were lower-end and whilst I expect mini bar prices to be stupidly expensive, these ones set a new record. I did not eat the restaurant attached (Georgetown is a 15 min walk down the road: failing there, there's a good sports bar 3 blocks east). All in all? The location saved this one which is the only reason I'd recommend it to a friend. Yes, the rooms were v clean but not memorable. The "other bits" however tended to overshadow this in my opinion..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2009

The good:
- Historic and well maintained, very clean
- Great location, 15 min walk to edge of national mall, 5 min walk to Metro, many good places to eat nearby.
- Friendly staff usually there to open the door and always there to operate the ancient elevator.
- Price was better than the competition.

The bad:
- The restaurant was too expensive for my crew - looked nice from afar.
- That original elevator is small and slow, the quaintness wears off after a day.
- Your floor and the floor above you creak like no tomorrow. Hope that your upstairs neighbor likes to sleep in.
- Ice maker was in the basement, so I was told, I never ventured down to verify.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

This hotel was ok. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.
We payed $180 (a little too pricy) we only stayed there one night. I would not pay that price again for this hotel. The elevator is a bit antiquated and takes a while.
I was not charged an internet fee. Book in advance if you want a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in early September and found the hotel to be full of character, while also providing all mod-cons. Our room was bright, spacious and had a wonderful huge king bed with crisp white bed-linen. The bathroom was also fine and had the usual complimentary toiletries. Also within the room was a kitchenette with fridge and coffee maker.

The manually operated lift was fun and quirky and the bell-boys were full of useful information about DC. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for the lift.

Just opposite the hotel is the Founding Farmers restaurant where we ate one night and found the food to be delicious. However the cheapest glass of wine on the menu cost $11!!!

There is a Starbucks just down the road for breakfast, which was great, as the hotel breakfast menu was expensive.

Overall the hotel was good, but if breakfast had been included in the price and a computer for guest use was available in the lobby, it would have rated excellent!!!.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I looked at some of the sterile looking rooms of other hotels in the area and chose to avoid those and stay at the Lombardy. I'm glad I did! The room was large, and best of all, the luggage area was separate from the bedroom area which I always love. It means that you can keep your room "hotel" pristine without seeing your suitcase open and clothes hanging over a chair etc. There was also a separate kitchenette.
Rooms were super quiet, wonderfully decorated and clean. I loved the quirky elevator and some of the staff were super friendly. (one woman who answered the front desk phone was less so ). Perhaps I've lived in Boston for too long, but I found the concierge who helped me in the elevator a little uber friendly, touching my arms a few times too many. Tip: You can't order breakfast before 7AM, and they won't accept orders the evening prior. If you have an early meeting or have to catch a morning flight, the earliest you'll receive room service is 7:20.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business