Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$175
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$192
US$167
US$149
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$318
US$263
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$129
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

2,310 results
All reviewsvenetian roomwhite houseceiling fangeorge washington universityworld bankcharming hotelfoggy bottomdressing areasmall kitchenettestay there againwhole foodsoffice buildingwithin walking distancean older hotelfew blocksupgraded to a suitebed was very comfortable
Reviewed 20 May 2007

I loved it--it was pretty much what we were expecting from the reviews. Yes, it's older, the floor has a couple creaks and pops, the rooms aren't huge, but it has tons of charm, and a very classy hotel that's set up with everything modern you need. The beds are comfortable, there was a mini fridge, the room was clean, the staff is helpful, the elevator is a great novelty. And the location is great! We stayed the first night in a different hotel, and found this one by walking past on our way to the White House and then walked to almost everything from the hotel.

I forget exactly what I paid-but most people seem to find pretty good deals online, mine was under $200/night. If I had to do it again, I would, and the hotel is definitely worth it.

For the hotels I was comparing it to, this was probably the best I could have done! All the others where big chains, with nothing special about them, I wanted something a little bit different, but not much more expensive.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveler889
Reviewed 10 May 2007

I stayed at the Hotel Lombardy with my boyfriend whilst on business in Washington DC.

On arrival we were given a room on the 2nd floor, arriving in the room i was extremley disappointed with the view as we were directly overlooked by an office building, the close proximity of the office building didn't allow for much natural light into the room and for privacy we often had the blinds closed, which made the room gloomy.
The bathroom was spacious and a dimmer switch was a nice touch.
Breakfast in the hotel was vastly overpriced and i wouldn't recommend
it, there's a cafe across the street which offers a good breakfast variety for 1/4 the price.

The hotel is about a 5/10 minute walk to the metro.

On the whole the hotel ws average, for those visiting Washington I would recommend you book as far in advance as possible and take advantage of any special deals you come across, because really you can't get a decent hotel room in DC for less than $400 a night!

I would defintely recommend a visit to Georgetown whilst in Washington, it cost us $15 for a taxi from the hotel, defintely worth
the money.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank JCambridge
Reviewed 8 May 2007

It is hard for me to call a $230 hotel a "good value", but for D.C., that is exactly what it is. In researching a one night weekday stay, I was hard pressed to find anything three stars or higher for less than $300. I am glad that I chose the Lombardy.

Although several past reviewers complained about the service, I found it acceptable. The doorman was helpful and courteous and the front desk was most pleasant. On our way to dinner, we could not find the doorman so we had to hail our own cab, but raising your arm yourself really is not that difficult. Nothing to complain about in total.

The hotel building is in a good location. Only a few minutes walk to the Whitehouse and a short drive or cab ride to Georgetown.

The interior of the hotel building is nice and very well maintained. The rooms were in good condition and were decently appointed. My only complaint would be concerning the bathroom. It was clean and the fixtures looked new, but it had a cheap feel to it. Kind of like a bathroom you would find in a mass produced, mid-range apartment building. Not something you would expect for a hotel.

Although the Lombardy was not perfect, my wife and I agreed that it would not be worth dropping the extra $100 to have stayed somewhere else in the area.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2BAnonymous
Reviewed 7 May 2007

I stayed at the Lombardy while attending a series of business meetings and found it a delightful departure from standard business fare.

The hotel itself used to be a number of private apartments thath have been converted to rooms. The elevators require operators (how quaint!), so there is sometimes a bit of a wait for them. My room was on the 11th floor in the back, and very quiet. The hotel also has a modest work-out room in the basement.

The bar and restaurant were good as far as hotel offerings go, but better food can be had at Washington institution Kinkead's (right across the street) or at a number of other eateries within walking distance or, at worst, a short cab ride.

The rate was right, the people were nice and helpful, and I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank TheTravelPro_us
Reviewed 3 May 2007

I stayed at the Lombardy with my company at the end of April, beginning of May. The rooms were large, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and attentive. We really appreciated the complimentary high speed internet. Not a great hotel for the business traveler, since there's not a business center, but, we managed. Great location near the GWU campus, convenient to most. A real hidden gem. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who needs to have bells, whistles, and high tech modern conveniences, since this is an older property (hand cranked elevator), but for anyone who appreciates charming details, this is a great hotel. We plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business