I stayed here for a conference held at the convention center. For this, it was a prime location. The hotel was charming and the rooms were cozy, with plenty of space at the desk for those times when I needed to be on my laptop. Internet is complimentary, a definite positive. The hotel had complimentary breakfast and offered midday snack and iced tea in the lounge. I did experience a few negatives that make it uncertain whether I would stay again. The main light fixture in the room had a dead bulb upon check-in, the hotel was currently under construction providing an automatic ,but not desired, early morning wake-up call. Additionally, the staff that congregates by the front desk is very obnoxious late at night with loud talking and laughing. While I'm glad the staff was having a good time, it was keeping me awake at 1:00AM. The second day no housekeeping ever tended to me room. When I returned around 4:00PM that day I had to ask the front desk to send housekeeping. My only further complaint is when my girlfriend picked me up at the hotel upon check-out and went inside to use the restroom before our drive back to New York. The staff rudely questioned whether she was a guest in the hotel when she entered. This is a mixed review with some certain positives but also some very blatant rudeness from the staff and various other unnecessary negative experiences that could and should have been prevented. I would consider giving the hotel another chance post construction, as I am in DC quite often. I should also note, the "acclaimed restaurant" raved about during booking was not even open. I simply cannot stand when hotels claim amenities that are not available for use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated minutes from top Washington, DC attractions, the Morrison Clark Historic Inn and Restaurant is an iconic landmark that captures the true essence of the nation's capital. This beautiful Victorian-era mansion features well-appointed accommodations, complimentary Wi-Fi and valet parking. Dine on inspired American cuisine at our luxurious hotel restaurant. From historic charm to modern comforts, this extraordinary property sets a new luxury standard for Washington, DC boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Morrison-Clark Historic Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morrison-Clark Historic Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Morrison Clark Historic