Omni Shoreham Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Windsor Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)
View Hotel
Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row(Washington DC)
Washington Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The LINE Hotel DC(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Baron Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Georgetown Hill Inn(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
7,509 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I’m back from a business trip to D.C. – the good, bad and ridiculous. The Omni Shoreham, a hotel Northwest of Dupont Circle, is in a word, enormous. They have an east and west wing and the upper floor are set out like the spiral of the District’s inner streets. With all signs pointing to the elevator in the center, after a few cocktails in the lobby bar, it can get a bit harrowing trying to find your way back to your room.

Overall, the accessibility is good. The accessible entrance is to the left of the main entrance that has a large set of stairs upon entering. This type of set up never makes sense to me as everyone is clearly, at one point or another, bringing his or her luggage into or out of the hotel. The accessible entrance is therefore used by the bells and many of the guests. A manual chair user will likely need or want help on the way up, as it is a fairly steep ramp. The lobby bar is accessible on the ground floor. The hotel restaurant, Roberts is accessible through the use of a service elevator (smells funky), as it is also down a large set of stairs. You need to go up and down the elevator to go from restaurant to restrooms though.

One thing I can never understand about hotels is why they many times put the restrooms down the halls as far away from the restaurants and bars as humanly possible and usually over some incredibly thick carpet. This is no difference. Regardless if you go to the east or west wing, you have to go to the end of the hallway for the restrooms, but at least they’re accessible. (This is unlike my recent stay at the Barclay Intercontinental in NYC where they only have one of the narrow stalls you where have to do a dangerous head-on transfer if your wheelchair even fits. Then you have to back out like a bus and risk running over other guests trying to enter. Finally you have to wait for someone to open the door for you because even with my big guns I couldn’t manage the door and the jam alone.)

My hotel room was nice and large. The closet door, not so much. In my narrow chair I barely made it through but had the satisfaction of scraping paint off the door and frame every time. I requested a bathroom with a tub and shower bench. Thankfully they had a bench with a back so I didn’t have to lean forward my entire shower for fear of falling off the back. The showerhead was a hand held which could be hung on the wall. It worked great. (The hotel does have roll in showers as well.) The sink was easy to roll under and I could actually see myself in the mirror – a find this rarely in my hotel rooms. The unfortunate aspect was the lack of space on the sink. There was nowhere to put anything as there was no cabinet or shelves at sink height. So no place to put my curling iron, makeup, my contacts, or even my toothbrush or the soap! Also, the floor wasn’t level so even to wash my hands without rolling away from the sink I had to put on my brakes. Annoying. I think my biggest complaint about the room, which happens mysteriously in so many hotels, is the distance of the room from the elevator. WHY must the accessible rooms be so far from the elevators and why must these always be over padded carpet? The worst part was on the last night of my stay I returned from a long day of work to find myself locked out of my room. So I had to trek all the way back down the hall to the elevator, then all the way down that east hall to the lobby. This was exhausting and as you can imagine, I was not pleasant to deal with at the front desk by this time. They comped me a breakfast I had no time to use due to early check out.

The gym and pool are accessible, though I don't know if there is a portable lift for the pool available. The pool area is lovely though and I can't recommend a stop there in between monument hopping. Very relaxing and the pool staff were lovely.

Check out my separate reviews of Robert's Restaurant, POV at the W Hotel and Georgia Browns.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LisaHBoston
Reviewed 2 July 2011

What a lovely, historic hotel with beautiful grounds. There is a "get away from the big city" feel with the fabulous lawns, flowers, gazebo, etc. and with a view of Rock Creek Park. You can get away from the wonderful hustle and bustle of DC life and be only minutes away! The location is great, especially with the proximity to the Metro stop (one block).
The hotel staff is very attentive, the food is great and the rooms are spacious. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank curleyhead
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We loved the Omni Shoreham. Room was charming, very comfortable beds. Lobby is spacious and elegant. Main restaurant (sorry, I forgot its name) is just beyond the lobby, food is excellent, service is excellent. There are other little spots in the hotel to buy coffee, sandwiches, little gifts, a bar. Pool and gardens are beautiful--nice little walking trail around the garden area.

Close to metro and about a block to charming little restaurant, shopping area. Within walking distance to National Zoo. Close to Adams Morgan area. Everything we wanted. Only two drawbacks--no air conditioning in the bathroom and it was very hot when we were there, and the exorbitant valet parking fee. Very busy hotel--a variety of people staying there.

Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I'd get a room overlooking the gazebo.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SummerVirginia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed at the Omni for 6 nights in June. It is well located, less than a 10 minute walk to the metro with lots of small restaurants nearby. The carpet, furniture and linens are nice and clean, and the bed is comfortable, but the bathroom is very small with very limited counter space. Our room also had a mildew smell and the wall A/C was loud when it clicked on. The service was fine. We joined the frequent stay program which gave us free internet as well as juice, coffee, and/or water delivered to our room in the morning. This also included turn down which we missed most of the evenings,because we were still in our room when housekeeping came. The pool and gym are nice. The elevator is not adequate for such a large hotel. Many times an elevator stopped, but we or others waiting could not get in, because it was full.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank IrvineJane
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

We appreciate the opportunity to understand what you enjoyed about your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham and where we have room for improvement. We are sorry that you were unable to take advantage of turndown service but if you return, please feel free to let our attendant know that you would like them to return at a later time.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on our drive South. Beautiful hotel....lobby is fabulous. The room was small but vey clean. The furniture slightly bruised but OK. People we friendly. Easy walk 1 block to the Metro. Easy to get to the monuments. Great breakfast place across the street where we had breakfast outside. 1 block away there were tons of restaurants, Cvs etc. The only problem was the expense of parking $33 a night. No real alternative other than to park on the street.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

We are thrilled that you had a great stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel and appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon.