“Great Business stay”

Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Cheyenne, United States
“Great Business stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was another excellent experience. From the friendly welcome at the front door, to express check-in, and finally to landing on the awesome bed, it was great. Quiet rooms allowed good sleep. Exercise facilities were available, as well as access to walking and running paths. Location to a variety of eateries is great, did not have to drive to them.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay at the Omni shoreham once a year for 5 or more nights. It has evolved from a large old hotel to a hotel that has been excellently renovated. The place sparkles now. For the first time, the hotel has excellent WiFi, even with the hotel was fully booked. Good WiFi is still a rarity among hotels. If you're coming to Washington D.C. sereiously consider this hotel. Its a very good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Excellent facilities, fantastic service, wonderful people. Its been 20 years and I keep coming back every year! The rooms are very large, always clean, beds are comfortable and bathromm products of high quality.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We wanted to see Christmas lights in DC and that's exactly what we did. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and full of Christmas decor --- poinsettias, toy soldiers, Santy Claus, fake snow, and Christmas trees. Down the street at the National Zoo, we enjoyed a nice walk through their Christmas lights, too.
We rode the Metro train from the airport to the hotel. (Quick enough ride and the train stop is very close to the hotel.)
The front desk clerk was friendly and asked if we had any special room requests. (The hotel didn't seem busy, but I noticed just about each evening there was a new load of guests checking in.) We requested a room with a nice view. She gave us a room over looking the garden with a gazebo, but the view was partially obstructed by the roof of a room (ballroom or restaurant) below. We were still happy not to have to face the huge apartment/ condo across the street from the hotel.
The room was nicely appointed, spacious, and comfy. There's a short hallway that gives you access to the bedroom, a closet, and bathroom. The bathroom is rather small, but clean. The bed linens were cozy and there were two bathrobes waiting for us in the closet.
I agree with other reviewers that there are acoustic issues and noises from the pipes. If you're a late riser who's sensitive to sound, you may need to think twice about staying here. (I only heard sounds in the morning.) However, if you like a cozy, clean, nicely decorated hotel room that makes you feel as if you are a guest in someone's home, this is the place for you!
I had no bad experiences with any of the staff. Everyone was actually friendly, helpful, and personable. (And I'm NOT an Omni loyalty member.)
BTW, I didn't see a ghost. I wouldn't have left if I did anyway. I enjoyed my stay too well. And check out the pizza from the Italian Pizza Kitchen or some delicious chicken wings from Hot n Juicy's Crawfish restaurant on Conneticut Ave (very short walking distance from the hotel).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had booked a simple double room at the Omni Shoreham for a conference we were attending. We had it for the conference rate which was very good for a facility of their caliber. Checkin was supposed to be at 3:00pm. We got there at 2:30pm and our room was not ready, no big deal, we left our luggage with the concierge and left to attend a session in the hotel. We came back at 3:00pm to check on our room but it was still not ready. I tried to keep cool so we just left and said nothing to the receptionist. She said she will call us when the room is ready.

At 3:30pm my husband was heading towards the reception to inquire again about our room when the call came in on his phone that our room was ready. He got the key and came and got me and we headed to our assigned room. We got to the door and it had a former US president's name on the it. It said so and so suite. I thought we were lost but hubby was so sure we were at the right door. I said try the key to see if it will open and voila it did open and I was ushered into a grand foyer, I mean this place was huge. We knew the Omni had presidential suites but we had never dreamt of staying in one because we can not afford it and also there was no need for us to book one.

So we got a huge suite for the price of a double. Huge master bedroom with en-suite bathroom that had both a soaking tub and a bit walk in shower. A huge living room, a good size TV room, a very large dining room and a very big eat in kitchen. This whole place could easily be 2000square foot. It had plenty of floor to ceiling windows. Three televisions sets, lots of current reading material and it was very quite. We really had a great stay at the Omni Shoreham although most of our day times were spent in meetings, at night when we retreated to the room to rest we had very goodnight sleep.

The California king bed had large soft pillows and very soft sheet and comforter. The furnishing is traditional, very exquisite and the sofas were very comfortable. We wished we were on vacation so we could enjoy the suite much more but each day work was calling so we had to get out and get to conference sessions. I just cannot believe they gave us such an expensive place for the little price we paid. When I saw the receipt for our bill I kept reading it over and over to make sure there were no hidden charges. Apparently the receptionist upon giving hubby the key told him you will like your room. Hubby asked if it was the Gorbachev Suite, which he knew of and the receptionist said don't tell your wife but let us know what you think after you see it. So hubby was expecting something great but he was even surprised and I was shocked. We did not get the Gorbachev suite but we got one named after a US president.

This stay is our second time staying at this hotel and I will stay here again although I am not expecting to be staying in a suite let alone a presidential suite.

The hotel's common areas are very clean. They have outdoor patio with a garden in the back. The rooms we had last year and this year were impeccable. The employees were nice and helpful. They have free luggage storage. The parking is paid valet parking. There is a deli and snack shop onsite as well as a gift shop. The onsite restaurant is also great with very nice ambiance. There are so many restaurants in the area and it is two minutes walk to the Woodly park metro. The national zoo and downtown DC can be reached by the metro. The neighborhood is great.

Thanks Omni Shoreham Washington DC for the wonderful treat!

Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Omni Shoreham is rich in character and conveniently located. The metro is within walking distance (1 block) as are many restaurants. Rock Creek Park is also nearby. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Lewisburg, Pa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Omni hotel for a few days while on a business trip. It was excellent. The staff, accommodations, food ... everything was great. There's a metro station that's about a 2-3 minute walk ... plus a few restaurants right across the street. I had room service one night too, and it was very good. I was in DC the week before and stayed at a not-so-nice place, so maybe my perspective was skewed a bit, but this place is really nice.