Omni Shoreham Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$337
US$257
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$418
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$263
US$246
US$126
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$191
US$165
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
7,509 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Excellent hotel near the Zoo with easy access to downtown DC and all the sights. Big bedroom, best night's sleep ever, friendly staff. Half a block from nearest Metro. Tour buses stop outside hotel. Only had breakfast once in hotel due to bad weather - very expensive !! Open City across the road is excellent for dining.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a nice hotel on the outskirts of Washington DC. I was able to book this hotel for a steal of a price and it is definitely worth it. I arrived on Friday at noon and the front desk let me check in without having to wait until 3 PM. The hotel itself is kind of on the outskirts of the City so not sure how "walkable" things are (I will find out today, Saturday). However, there is a Metro station just a short walk away and the train ride into Chinatown took me about 7 minutes on Friday afternoon. I also like the fact that there are several restaurants along with a CVS just a short walk from the hotel as well.

The rooms are nice. They gave me a corner room on the second floor and the room is quite a nice size. The room is appointed with a King sized bed and has all the standard hotel room amenities. There is an in room refrigerator (no mini bar, which I actually prefer). I travel with medications that need to be kept cold so it is nice having a fridge in the room that can accommodate this. It will also hold a 2 liter bottle of soda. There is a coffee maker in the room as well. It also has a hair dryer, ironing board and iron, a safe which can hold a laptop, and the standard complimentary shampoo, conditioner, body and facial soaps, mouthwash and shower cap. The corner room is nice as there are many windows which lets in lots of natural light during the day. Hotel staff is attentive and room service was prompt when I used it.

If you do stay here, spend some time in the lobby checking out the various information that is posted there. I didn't know that this was the hotel where they filmed "The Pelican Brief". Now I will have to watch that movie again just to see the scenes filmed here. :)

I have to say I would definitely stay here again if I could get the same rate I got on this trip (I was able to book for $99/night). If I were paying $300/night or more I would probably not stay here but that is because I would want to stay somewhere closer in where I could walk to stuff, not because I dislike this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the second floor West. All the windows lets in lots of natural light and the room was a very nice size!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Back in January we booked a "classic suite" because, you know, DC is really expensive, and the "suite" was much cheaper than two rooms - so we would have had a king bed and 17 year old DS a fold out couch. Upon arrival, the gal at check in said "I see we have you in the Presidential Suite" and I smiled, because I thought that was something they said to people who booked any kind of suite. She gave us keys for room 625 East (Google it) and we headed up. "Beatles Suite" it said on the door, and when we opened the door it was a one bedroom, one bath apartment that my Upper East Side grandmother would have recognized - dining room with table for eight and a breakfront with china, kitchen, library, gorgeous balcony, separate bedroom. DH was like "They have mistaken us for someone else, please go down and straighten this out." Turned out that it was a random upgrade ("All the classic suites are occupied") and they honored the amount we had been quoted. Also when it transpired that none of the many pieces of furniture in the suite actually converted to a bed they sent us up a rollaway, and did not charge.
Beatles Suite? Yes, indeed, they stayed in this suite 50 years ago. We were wondering how the lads managed with just the one bathroom, but eventually found out that they had also booked adjoining rooms.
On the back of the door where they tell you about check out time was "$10,000 single occupancy", but you can actually get the suite for $1,250 a night according to the Omni website, although not sure about the single occupancy part!
So, not a useful review, because it isn't going to happen again. The PRESN (as it said on our bill) was in tip-top shape. Fabulous bathroom, although one wonders why the shower has only one tiny shelf, so either your soap or your shampoo ends up on the floor!
However, the grounds are delightful, the location near the Woodley Park metro stop is convenient, and you should check out Petits Plats for dinner. It would also be convenient to Georgetown (DH is an alum), but it was SO DARN COLD that we couldn't walk and had to take a cab. Again, so cold we didn't get into the pool, but it looked great.
Useful tip for everyone: sign up for the loyalty program - it is free, they don't ask for any info you haven't already given them by reserving a room, and with it you get free wifi (saving $9.95 per day) and a free breakfast beverage delivered to your room (the coffee and decaf were outstanding). Another great tip: send DH downstairs in the morning to get something from Morsels to have with the lovely coffee. If you have a croissant (for example) delivered, it's $5.00 plus fees, but you can get it yourself for $3.50. You can see we aren't really Presidential Suite type people!
But it was really something DS can tell his grandkids about. And the overall ambience is so lovely that I'm sure we'll go back.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great location for getting into and out of downtown Washington, DC. The Metro stop is one block away from hotel. Also, a few minute walk to the Zoo. Hotel staff were polite and room was spacious. Food at the hotel is expensive, but there are many options in the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The best service, rivialing a 5 star hotel Everything was right sized and the palatial common spaces were just that. Staff was among the best I have ever experienced and I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels. If someone has a negative to say about this hotel, ignore it, I did and loved the hotel and my stay. Be sure to empoloy the services of the concierge Herman Monroe he knows the city and the needs of a traveler staying at the Shorham

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo