Omni Shoreham Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$309
US$262
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$346
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$499
US$271
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Travelocity
  • Pool
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
US$808
US$584
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$262
Hotelpower.com
7,512 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

we had a one bedroom suite for our stay, which has a balcony overlooking rock park and the beautiful rear grounds of the hotel. When we arrived the desk provided us with information on local restaurants and shops. The bellman oriented us to our room, assuring that we had everything in place. The staff if very responsive and attentive. Rooms were clean and comfortable; our suite opened into to a small foyer, and the living area consisted of a loveseat and two chairs, a large open space, and a desk, with a door leading to the balcony overlooking the park. A hallway off of the foyer leads to the bedroom and bathroom. Two walk in closets (light switches in these are located on the ceiling, beware short travelers!) Appreciated the separate a/c units in the living and bedroom areas. Walk a quarter mile to the metro, half mile to the zoo. The only thing that I would have changed is the lack of locks on the bathroom and bedroom doors. The rooms feature old crystal cut knobs and locks which have been painted over. Good to know if you have children and want to get away for a little privacy, but more of a curiosity than a dealbreaker.

Room Tip: Most restaurants in the area offer all day breakfast, but consider the zoo package if traveling with family for the discounted meal and parking.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Hotel has a beautiful Lobby and restaurant. The rooms are spacious. We enjoyed the morning Breakfast Buffet and the courtesy of the Staff. The Staff is very nice and attentive. The location of the hotel is close by the Zoo and many restaurants, which was a bonus. My family stayed at this hotel for one week. During the first two days, we received towels for our Bathroom, but after that...the Maid would not give us any towels. She would "clean" our Bathroom by just removing the towels and the rug, but never replenishing them. I had to call down every day and ask for towels AND Toilet Paper! The white sheets and the comforters on the beds showed stains from previous guests. The most disturbing was the A/C Unit. It kept the room cool but it was so incredibly loud. It made two clicking sounds before turning on and then a big POP. The A/C would turn on and sound like a generator. It was beyond noisy. BUT...The most surprising thing about the room was when we were packing up to leave. When we packed up suit cases, and zipped them shut, they were covered in animal hair. No, we do not own pets, because my daughter suffers from severe allergies. The hair was from the carpet in the room. During our stay, my daughters and I had the worst allergies, and we thought they were seasonal, but it was apparently from the floor being covered in animal hair. Dogs are welcomed at this hotel, but I guess they put non-pet owners in the same rooms that pet-owners have used. Unfortunately, they do not vacuum up all the hair that was left behind. For the amount of money we paid to stay here, it was slightly disappointing.

1  Thank Lorie N
Amanda B, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Lorie N,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful consideration and feedback. I am glad to hear that your overall experience with the staff was both courteous and enjoyable. I would, however, like to extend my deepest apologies for the inconveniences and frustrations that you experienced with the room throughout your stay. Replenishing all room amenities on a daily basis is certainly a priority for us in order to ensure that our guests have all the comforts they need to enjoy their stay. I sincerely regret that you and your family were not consistently provided with satisfactory room attention and amenities. Additionally, I am very sorry to hear that the A/C unit in your room disturbed your rest and the quietude of your stay. Above all, we want to ensure the privacy and rest of all persons staying in the hotel. In the future, please do not hesitate to notify the staff regarding any such issues; we are happy to do all that we can to either rectify the problem with the unit, or move you to a more satisfactory room.

In regards to the hair you discovered on the carpet, I again offer my apologies as well as share in your concern. Please be assured that all rooms with pets receive a deep clean after every single departure, no exceptions. We understand that pets may leave behind a relatively significant amount of dander/hair and that many of our guests may be allergic. While we are a pet-friendly hotel, this accommodation comes with a strict pet policy agreement, one aspect of which is a non-refundable $50 cleaning fee. In order to better follow up with this concern, it would be helpful to know the room number or section of the hotel in which you were staying so that our housekeeping team may thoroughly investigate. We take the health and safety of our guests very seriously and I would be happy to further discuss this matter with you at your convenience. My contact information is listed below.

Should you be interested in staying again in Washington D.C., I encourage you to please reach out to me when making your reservation. I am happy to work personally with you and your family to better meet your preferences and needs, and to ensure a more enjoyable and restful visit! In addition, it would be my pleasure to offer you a complimentary food and beverage amenity of your choosing, to be placed in the room upon your arrival. If I may be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Kayley Greenday
Assistant Front Office Manager
kgreenday@omnihotels.com
202-234-0700

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the second time we stayed at the Omni Shoreham. What a wonderful experience, great location close to Woodley Zoo, Dupont Circle, Cleveland Park. Lot's of neighborhood restaurants and amenities. Omni is simply one of the best hotels with a sense of quiet elegance, yet it caters to both families and business people. Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms, excellent hospitality and service always. Loved the pool and gardens.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very convenient to the Metro with plenty of places to eat within walking distance. I found everything we needed for a weeklong stay with the family. Upon arrival was upgraded to a nicer room which was a pleasant surprise. The kids liked the free cookies and milk that arrived the first night (too bad it wasn't every night!!). Staff was exceedingly friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pros: Very nice hotel in a great location. Nice lobby and pool. Comfortable bed and really good air conditioner. Our room included a breakfast buffet that was fit for a king (great section of fresh fruits, meats, and anything else one could possibly want served in a fancy dinning room). Metro Subway access close as well as a drug store with drinks and snacks and several good restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Used trip-advisor to find a great restaurant perfect $5 drink specials and incredible appetizers and food (Medaterra). A lot of famous people have stayed here.

Cons: Very limited number of old elevators that were slow and usually full. Room was nice and comfortable but dated (I understand remodel is coming).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family