“Location was great!”

Ranked #68 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
United States
“Location was great!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was a little nervous about the location when I booked this hotel but I could not have been happier with our stay. We were 1-3 stops on the metro line to all the downtown locations. It was just far enough outside of downtown to give you a little break from the busy downtown districts. The hotel staff was extremely helpful in booking a tour to Mt. Vernon/Arlington and the tour bus picked us up from the hotel. When we return to DC we will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent one night at the hotel from Saturday to Sunday. My first impression was quite good because of the beautiful lobby with a very classical touch. Our room was spacious with a gigantic bed which was very comfortable. Unfortunately the bathroom had a very unpleasant surprise for us. Above your head in the bathtub there was a filthy and very dusty vent. As I was showering I even swallowed some of that dust because it fell down on me. Disgusting!!! I told the hotel management and all I got was a "oh we are very sorry". You should be expecting something like a free breakfast or drink on the house. Very disappointed! Not coming back

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario L
Mount Laurel, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A friend recommended this hotel to me and my family for a D.C. vacation. It is conveniently located near the Metro, as well as family-friendly dining places. The pool was nice. The rooms were clean and beautiful. The breakfast buffet was awesome as well!

1 Thank Theresa M
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed for two nights. Room was basic but nice. Comfy beds and pillows. Lobby is vast and elegant and feels like it could be the setting for a dance number in an old movie. I also thought the pool/patio/exercise areas were nice, although the pool is very shallow. Front desk staff was very kind and personable. The only negative was that the room smelled like feet and could use some airing out/freshening up. Oh, and a six-year-old staying in the room next door surprised us by opening the suite connector door, which wasn't locked. Luckily we realized this when we were in the room and locked it on our side.

Room Tip: I think the elevator congestion situation on the east side (where I stayed) might be better than on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jeffersonville, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

From the time we arrived to the time we departed our stay was amazing. The hotel and the it's properties are beautiful, comfortable and welcoming. The staff are amazing and accommodating. A wonderful family vacation!

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Generally good hotel but overpriced and thinks it is better than it

Nice pool area

My main gripe is service, we came back after being out all day at 5pm to find maid had not cleaned room. I ask reception and they said they would be straight on it. Our sons room two doors away had been sorted so we chilled out there for over an hour and no sign of the maid.

I went down again to the conceiage and he passed me onto to the manager , who's attitude was well we have been busy! They know how many rooms they have to clean but I was made to feel as if I was asking too much and being difficult. Therefore marked down on overall attitude to customers

1 Thank scott c
Cheryl C, Executive Assistant to the General Manager/Hotel Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Scott C,

We appreciate that you have shared your comments; First of all we would like to apologize that your room did not receive cleaning service when you arrive and you had to wait. This is certainly not to the usual high standard of service that we deliver to our guests. We would like you to know that we are taking action and rest assure that this disappointing issue has been addressed to our staff. We hope to welcome you again at the Shoreham to experience the true Omni experience.

Cheryl Chua
Executive Assistant to Hubert Billod-Morel / Hotel Manager
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for a 2 day conference and 6 additional days to visit this amazing place. Everything about our stay at Omni Shoreham was excellent. Of most importance is that it is 1/2 block from the metro which gets you anywhere you want to go in DC. There are also some excellent restaurants in the ara. We plan on returning!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business