“Very Nice stay in DC” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Tulsa
“Very Nice stay in DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hotel is older and historic, yet modern and conveniently located. Room was comfortable, bed was nice. I had a kingsize room. AC was noisy. Bathroom a bit small. Staff was friendly. Great places to eat within walking distance, so was the Metro stop. Was given conflicting information about incidental fees. . you will pay $50/night. All in all, it was a good stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We drove from Dallas to D.C. and the Omni was a welcome stay after many nights in other hotels. The luxuriousness of the Omni made us feel like we were in another time. The rooms and amenities were incredible and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. The location was great for traveling and eating. But the free milk and cookies at night for the children made this family want to come back for more!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Marietta, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

the hotel did not exceed my expectations! I am shocked that a hotel of your stature would fail to even speak to their occupants. A simple 0600 wake up call was difficult! I carried my bags to and from the shuttle alone. I can see if there was no staff or it was busy but that wasn't the case! v/r Mrs. McBride Room 706

3 Thank Jeanine W
Amanda B, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear "Jeanine W"-

Thank you for staying at the Omni Shoreham. We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the lack of assistance with your luggage. As you mentioned, it is a standard of any hotel for the staff to offer their assistance with our guests’ luggage. I assure you that I will address this with my team.

I am very concerned that you were not provided a simple request like a wake up call. This is very shocking to me. I was hoping I could have some additional details regarding your stay to ensure we address the issues you experienced. We want to prevent this from happening again in the future.

I assure you that your business is important to us. I hope you choose to stay with us again. If you have a moment to call me directly, I would love to discuss how we can make this right for you in the future and restore your faith in Omni Hotels.

Amanda Burroughs
Director, Front Office Operations
Omni Shoreham Hotel
202-756-5209
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Omni is much nicer than other area hotels and is located close to the Woodley Park metro stop. The area was nice with many restaurants and close to the zoo. The hotel is older but well kept and is decorated well. Would definitely stay here again.

SALISBURY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

4 stars for the pleasing surroundings, 2 stars for the buffet but Open City restaurant is a block away.
However I booked with Priceline and signed up for the Omni membership. I was surprised to see that I had a charge of $9.95 for using the wifi. The front desk refunded it but apparently they have stopped giving free wifi unless you book it through the Omni's own website which obviously does not offer low rates. I dislike this, if you are pressed to find business and join the online sites, you should give the same benefits especially if you sign up for future spam.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Monclova, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We love the Omni. We have stayed at an Omni hotel at many different locations. We haven't had a bad experience yet. The staff is friendly and everyone is very efficient and respectful of the guests time. They always seem to capture the character of the locality. The menu is very diverse and I can always find a healthy alternative at each stay. We always feel comfortable and welcomed here.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel! Only issue we had was not researching enough about the price of the valet! I've only stayed at hotels where the parking is free so to my shock it was $41.35 a night luckily they did not charge me for every time we left the hotel! Also the bathroom was updated but you could tell the tiling and grout job were not very good since the grout was peeling off and you could see some black stuff behind that. Other than that the room was gorgeous and the bed so very comfortable after a day of walking to all the museums. Overall I would stay here again even knowing the valet pricing! Food was also very good, minus the price we ranged about 60$ every meal for two people so you may want to try some of the restaurants in walking distance!

Room Tip: My husband read that one of the rooms on the 8th floor is haunted so I would stay away from the 8th...