“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #65 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Spokane, Washington
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We loved our stay at the hotel. The lobby is so beautiful and grande! We had brunch in the restaurant and it was top notch. Our room was a king suite and it was wonderful....comfortable, roomy. The elevators were slow and tiny (due to the age of the hotel). Our room was luckily on the 2nd floor so we walked. Our guest rewards didn't get entered until the night before we left so we didn't benefit from that. We also had to leave very early to catch a plane to Dulles. We booked a cab through the consierge and had to re-book again with them because of ????. It's a good thing that we double checked.
Other than those minor issues, our stay was pleasant!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Stl
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Upon arrival, the hotel looks more like an apartment complex than a 4- star hotel. But the surrounding area is beautiful, with a large park and green space, and the interior belies the exterior. It is plush and the staff is excellent. In the halls and at the concierge and front desk they have plenty of help and everyone, from the cleaning crew on up, is very friendly and welcoming, giving a feel of 5-star attention.

Do sign up for the membership, as many others have mentioned--2 morning drinks (coffee + OJ) and newspaper free at your doorstep. I got a corner room and a lower floor room just as I requested, with free internet.

While I did not use the pool, it is located below my window and families seem to be having a great time. And if you come as part of conference, as I have, ignore the term "blocks" which they use to describe distance. I am from the US but travel extensively in Europe and i am used to meters. The hotel is not located a block from metro but rather 100 meters at most, as is the Marriott if your conference uses both hotels. I like to walk, and did the mall and many museums all in one day. But if you are worried about distance, although the Marriott has a little hill to reach the entrance, it is much less than you might expect.

All in all, as many have written, I thought it was a great hotel and recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed at the Shoreham for a convention. It accommodated a very large convention with grace and ease, with one glaring exception - the elevators are almost comically small. Even the stairwells are small - one way traffic only. But the service was excellent, the hotel is beautiful, and my room was very large, comfortable and quiet. The location is not near most tourist attractions or the business district, so the Metro (a block and a half away) or cabs are the way to get to where you want to be. Omni offers free wifi and morning beverage room service to its frequent guest program members, a real value - please take note, competitors! Bathrooms are small but adequate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We just returned from a three-day stay at the Omni Shoreham and could not have been more pleased with our accomodations. We had a very large corner room with a king bed, fully renovated with all the expected amenities. The hotel is located quite close to the Woodley Park Metro station and a short walk from tons of great restaurants in the Adams Morgan area. We especially enjoyed Mama Aleysha's (middle eastern food), a short walk just over the Duke Ellington Bridge on Calvert. If you are a vegetarian and/or an adventurous eater, give it a try. There was also a handy breakfast spot (OC) right on the corner across from the hotel with great coffee and good food substantially less expensive than the hotel's breakfast buffet.

On the negative side, the elevators were a challenge. Also, we did not know about the "Special Guest" deal and ended up paying $10 daily for internet service. This is t irksome and I may call the hotel to request an adjustment to our bill. We came to Washington in a rent car from elsewhere in Virginia, but decided to turn it in early to avoid the high parking charge at the hotel as well as additional rental days. This was a wise move as the Metro met all our needs for local transportation.

1 Thank SusaninTexas
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Great hotel--a wonderful choice--so glad I picked the Omni‎.
I'm in the middle of my stay at the Omni and wanted to post a review in case others are in the middle of making a decision as to where to stay in Washington. I traveled from San Diego and had little memory of the city or the hotels from a previous stay years ago. So, I researched for weeks various hotel options and picked the Omni. As soon as I arrived (yesterday) and for all the hours since, I am thrilled with my decision. First, I wanted to navigate the city like a native and use the Metro and the Omni is just around the corner from the Metro. Plus, it's a very safe neighborhood for a woman traveling alone. The lobby is gorgeous with fresh flowers, gigantic crystal chandeliers and warm welcoming staff at the front desk. The hotel lobby has lots of sofas and chairs for relaxing. The hotel is on the register of Historic Hotels and for some properties that can mean "old". But in the Omni's case it means grace and charm. What I LOVE is that if you are playing tourist, you would be extremely happy to come back here for a break for a few hours--between the lovely pool area with food service to your chair or the attractive restaurant off the lobby area, you would be glad to recharge your energy back at the hotel. The rooms are large and well furnished; the bathrooms have been modernized but are still older fixtures. The refrigerator has room for your additions (instead of the typical hotel fridge stocked only with stuff to sell you). Flat screen TV. Comfortable beds. After a day of sightseeing on my first day, I came back to sit by the pool, swim, and have a light dinner served at the pool. The taxi back from the Lincoln Memorial (and the mall area) was just $8.50. Nothing in DC is far away and the zoo is right down the street. I have two minor complaints--they don't make their own ice tea (Snapple served--yuk) but they do make their own lemonade. They only serve Dasani as bottled water (no Fiji or Evian on the premises). Taxis are always available. The spa is a limited facility--not like a full service spa. There is a hair salon one block away at the Marriott. The grounds by the pool are beautiful and they have hammocks on the lawn. Kids seem to love the pool. While I came to D.C. primarily to sightsee, I truly feel that I'm on vacation while at this hotel property--it has a resort feel to it. I got the best nightly rate through American Airlines vacations (even better than hotels.com).

I gave this review 5 stars not because the Omni is the Four Seasons but because it's one level below the Four Seasons and half the price

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank brownfamilytravels
Boca Raton
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great hotel, great service, great value (at least I had a great deal and I assume there are others occasionally), huge room, comfortable beds. Negatives? Maid knocked on our door at 8:30am to clean the room....what's up with that? So remember to put your do not disturb sign up. As with most nice hotels, the amenities drive the price up considerably, so if you are looking to save, there are plenty of great places to eat within walking distance. Required valet cost $28/day, very costly and would have driven me away from the hotel if I didn't have a great room rate. I don't know if there is nearby alternative parking. Metro station is very close by also.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2010

No worries here. This hotel is beautiful, clean and the service is great. The gardens are lovely and room service was punctual. Be sure to sign up for their Select Guest program so you get the free Wi-Fi and free coffee. The location was good, but it cost us approximately $10 each way (taxi) to get to the National Mall. We'd stay there again.