“Love at first Stay...”

Ranked #21 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Love at first Stay...”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My Hubby and I spent a part of our honeymoon in DC and decided to book a room at the Park Hyatt because of the numerous good reviews it received on TripAdvisor. I just want to say that this hotel has possibly the BEST customer service I've ever experienced. Not only was everyone there extremely friendly, but they resolved every issue I had in a heartbeat. I was especially impressed with my waiter Ray Song in their lobby restaurant, who kept pouring me fresh Hot Coffee in the morning while I was doing some reading. You can tell how well a business operates when everyone working there seems genuinely happy. The rooms here are HUGE, our room had two restrooms, a bedroom and a lounge separated by a door. The hotel itself is in a great location, right next to the White House, the Monument, starbucks, with a CVS is only a few blocks away, and there are tons of cool bars near by. The hotel itself has a cool bar with a great unique cocktail drink selection as well (if you ever go there, try their Spicy pomegranate cocktail <3).

My only issues with the rooms was that the beds dont have Sheets...which I found a little weird. I kept getting hot under the covers and then cold when I removed my covers (the beds themselves were incredibly comfortable to sleep on). I also wasnt happy with our view, it was a view of some pipes and a brick red wall. Finally (and im going to sound a little bratty here), we informed them that we were coming for our honeymoon so I was expecting some sort of romantic set up in the room to welcome us, like small candles or flowers, or even a massage oil gift set ;) I dont think these are issues that should stop anyone from booking a night here. Let them know ahead of time if you want sheets and they will take care of you.

Overall, I have decided to book the rest of my vacations with Park Hyatt. My Husband was very pleased with the hotel as well. I definitely advice people to stay here, you wont be disappointed!

3 Thank Goli G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I randomly found this great deal in the summer for Hyatt. The time I stayed, most hotels were very expensive and far away from the DC area. Also, the quality of the hotels I found was mediocre with 3 stars rating. When I found a great deal for Park Hyatt, I booked right away since it is Hyatt.

When I arrived there, I was totally surprised. The quality of this hotel is superior for its price. My deal also included the continental breakfast, which I must say is superior. It is not the typical breakfast at Western or other lower class hotels. The breakfast had a wide range of fruits and breakfast choices. One of the best breakfasts ever.

The interior is very clean and nice. Great atmosphere.
One important detail was that they accept 18+ students. At that time, none of my friends or I were 21 yet, and this was one of the few hotels that accepted 18+ students.

Superior service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We live in Maryland and just wanted to get away for my birthday weekend. We couldnt have chosen a better place to stay than the Park Hyatt DC. The gracious staff all were attentive, professional and accomodating. Their personal approach was welcoming. The rooms were spacious, extremely comfortable and stylish. The bathroom- an oasis!
Conveniently located, this elegant hotel with its responsive and sincere staff is truly the perfect getaway.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed one night here for an in-town vacation. The room (we booked a standard room) was a good size, was clean, modern, and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also large and luxurious. The restaurant, Blue Duck Tavern, while quite expensive is also one of the best restaurants in town and the food is incredible. We were on the 5th floor of the hotel, and the street noise was hardly noticeable. The hotel is off the beaten path for tourists exploring the city, but is only about a 7 minute walk to the nearest metro stop. For our purposes, it was a perfect stay!

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I don't usually stay at Hyatt properties but if I do again I will make sure it's a Park Hyatt since it's a far superior experience than your average Hyatt.

I appreciate getting more freebies than I'd expect from an upscale hotel:
- 2 bottles of water at twice daily room servicing.
- Color printing in the business center.
- Fitness center offers chilled towels with eucalyptus.
- Bath salts next to the tub.

The room is far from cookie-cutter and has quality, unique furnishings that make for a masculine yet warm feel. The bed was comfortable and there's a great little nook next to the bed for your phone, etc.

There a few things to be aware of:
- Wifi is quite fast, but not gratis.
- Ironing boards and irons must be requested from the front desk.
- Newspaper delivery was spotty; I only received my requested paper the first day of a 3-nt stay.
- The fitness center is a bit tough to find.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor to make the trip to the fitness center a bit easier.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank johnruda
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I am a bit conflicted about this review.

The Good: If you book the corner suites it can easily be the best hotel room you have ever had. I have lived in apartments that were half the size of the living room alone. We had a huge L shaped couch and a dining table were 6 of us enjoyed meals. Out toddler had his own beautiful room for his crib. The bedroom itself was normal. The bathroom with shower and tub and closet was spectacular. The restaurant connected to the hotel is good, but super expensive. I love the minimalist shaker decor. The doormen are super handsome and nice! The neighbourhood is quiet.

The Bad: The connecting room was a dump. I can see how if you book their less expensive rooms, you feel like you are at a holiday inn. The front of the staff is less than accomodating. We had booked their breakfast included special, which somehow got lost, but instead of just including it, they charged us for it, which just leaves you with a really sour feeling. We booked their expensive suite + an extra room, ate at their super expensive restaurant more than once, and they can't just throw in some coffee and croissants? The location is only OK, it is a hike to the metro.

I still do not know if I will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank baygirl000
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I had picked up a lot of Hyatt points traveling for work this last year so we decided to hit DC for our 5 year anniversary. We chose the Park Hyatt due to its location and the reviews here. We were not disappointed. The lady at the front desk was great. We had arrived around 11am and even though it was early and our assigned room wasn't ready she immediately found us another room. She noticed it was our anniversary and arranged to send us a bottle of wine to celebrate. We were then shown to our room by a very nice gentleman. In fact everyone there was nice and welcomed us every time we saw them.

The room was great. It was split into a nice sitting area and a separate sleeping area. The TV in the wall spun around so it could be used on either side. All the furnishings and bedding was very comfortable. As far as noise. We never heard anything from another room however even though we were on the 9th floor there was a good bit of street noise.

The bathroom was amazing as others have said. The two nitpicks I have is that the water pressure was lacking a little and my wife said it was a little to dark to do makeup.

We did eat a late night snack in the lounge, it was pricey but adequate. We also ate at the Blue Duck Tavern, it was very nice and I'll post my review there. Over all it was a great stay and I would love to come back if I can swing it.

(Final Note: be careful of the 'honor bar' it's the type that senses if you take stuff and automatically charges your room. I personally think these should be banned. We tried to use the small empty spaces they leave for you but must have bumped the others since we got hit with some charges. The good news is they lady at check out took them off no questions asked.)

Room Tip: Our room was on the south side and there was a good deal of street noise