I recently stayed here for a girls' getaway weekend. (we're 34) We had two adjoining rooms and we experienced a great stay.
From the first impression to the last, we were all happy we chose the Park Hyatt! The bellhops, greeters, front desk and concierge staff were all top-notch. As soon as you near the hotel, the bellhops & valet gentlemen are extremely courteous, smiling & eager to help, whether it was w/your luggage or to tell us that Trader Joe's was only a few blocks away. Then inside, the front desk (in our case it was Ann & mgr Jill) were friendly, informative, fast & efficient.
Rooms were very clean, modern and the beds were so comfortable. Sheets, towels, toiletries, glasses, mini bar...everything was perfectly laid out and good quality. The showers are huge! Very spa-like and the rain showerhead was wonderful. We were upgraded to a larger room, and it had a lounging area, chairs, desk, etc which was perfect for a group of friends.
Housekeeping was very efficient and friendly. Next time we'll try the hotel restaurant for dinner--the food & open kitchen looked incredible. We instead ate there for breakfast, as we weren't disappointed. If anything, it was a little too pricey for a breakfast menu, but the portions were large, food was very fresh, and the menu was impressive. We really enjoyed the breakfast.
Location is great, just a few short blocks from Georgetown, Dupont Circle and a bit longer of a walk to see the monuments (20 mins?), White House, etc. There's a Trader Joe's nearby, and some great restaurants. Also, you're just a short walk 5-10 mins, maybe, to the Foggy Bottom metro.
We got an unbeatable deal online for our stay, and I would certainly stay here again. The service, location, and clean modern feel of this hotel sets it apart. Definitely a great hotel for business travelers, conferences, girls/guys' weekend, singles, couples, elderly, although as a mom of 3 small children, I'm not sure this would be the best family hotel for seeing the sights of DC. Maybe not the ideal location and I didn't see lots of families. But if you're traveling w/just a baby, I'd certainly stay here.
Enjoy! We ate at Urbana a few blocks away and the food/service was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt