“No one does it better than Park Hyatt!”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is my second time in past one year and it just gets better every time. I have stayed at my share of fine hotels around the world but I always look forward to staying at the Park Hyatt in D.C. I used to stay at the Fairmont (excellent choice) across the street but after giving Park Hyatt a try I am glad I did. Special thanks to manager Robert Atchison for going out of the way to address my needs and his wonderful staff. The standard rooms are pretty good size for D.C. and simplicity and modern concept makes this hotel interior fabulous. Be sure to grab a bite at the Blue Duck Tavern because everything I had on their menu is absolutely delicious. When you're not dining at the hotel just walk 10 minutes to Georgetown for great scenery and shopping. Thank you Park Hyatt and will be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Fairmont is a good start and paying little more for Park Suite is an excellent choice i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear sleeplessinseoul,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Washington. We very much enjoy reading all of your wonderful comments and appreciate you choosing us as your preferred in the nation's capital. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Director of Public Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in a King Bed Deluxe Room at this hotel over the President's Day long weekend. Overall, we were happy with the room and hotel and will definitely book again if we head back to DC.

Pros:
- Location: its about a 15 minute walk down to Lincoln Memorial/Whitehouse etc, and about a 5 minute walk to Georgetown. Also very close to the metro which will also take you to either Arlington/Pentagon or Federal Square/Smithsonian
- Room: loved it, especially the bathroom which was amazing.
- Restaurant: Blue Duck Tavern is fabulous, definitely worth a visit even if you don't stay at the Park Hyatt.
- Awaken Package: minimal increase in cost over the daily rate and included breakfast and wi-fi, good value.

Cons
- We were upgraded to a "view" room, which is really just a view of the street and other hotels. Not worth the money if you are thinking of paying for it.
- Cleaning: we went out all day Sunday and when we came back our room had not been serviced - actually they had restocked the mini-bar but not made the bed/provided more toiletries etc. This seemed pretty strange.
- Breakfast: not good, unless you have it included in the room rate I would head elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brookster84
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Brookster84,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Washington. While it appears that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay, you did experience a few opportunities. We value your feedback and would like to discuss these concerns with you further. Should you wish, please feel free to contact me directly at renee.sharrow@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I a rather quiet street very close to the German embassy the PH offers everything a 400 $ hotel should do: stylisch interior, excellent service (they even offer maps for runners - the round trail thru the mall-area is my pitch), a small swimming pool (no real spa with sauna though) and a very chic restaurant (with good drinks). bar lovers would be disappointed though - a real place to socialize is missing which is strange bcs the drinks are quite good. the rain showers in the rooms are great (when you get an upgrade even better) and the breakfast is also worth getting up earlier than planned. of course, like most PHs, its a large hotel and rather made for biz-guests but the walking distance to georgetown makes it also a match for a wealthy private guest...

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Now that I've stayed at the Park Hyatt about five times, I think it's time for a review. This hotel is consistently one of my favorites and is by far my favorite hotel in DC. I've tried the Willard, a couple of Ritz properties, and many other upscale chains. Nothing comes close to the Park Hyatt. It is unpretentious, modern, trendy (but not super hip like W Hotels try to be), and caters well to all ages. The staff is amazing, super-friendly, helpful, and professional. Even the smell is inviting. I think they pump some mild scent through the hotel.

The onsite restaurant, Blue Duck, is one of the best restaurants in the city. Make your reservations early. It is NOT your typical hotel restaurant. It would be a champion as an independent site in any city in the world. Be sure to try it. In the lounge are a small bar and the Tea Cellar, offering dozens of luxury teas, and kindly, free refills of water for multiple steeps. Compared to the $18 gin and tonic I had at the bar, the Tea Cellar seems like a bargain.

The rooms are larger than other upscale hotel rooms in DC and the bathrooms are beautiful. I also think the rooms have character with a split living room/bedroom concept and a modern style. Some on here have commented that the colors are bland, but I find the rooms peaceful. I like the unusual but perfectly adequate lighting, the colors, and the amenities. One important tip that will make the stay better: the super cool bathroom of the Premier Park Deluxe room (or better) is well worth the extra money. The large open marble shower/bath concept is awesome. I could stay in there all day.

There are only two negative things I can think of to write. First, prices for everything are ridiculous - even more ridiculous than most upscale hotels. Valet parking is $48 per night for example. That's unconscionable enough that I specifically don't use it and taxi to/from. Maybe that's what they're going for. Second: no spa. They have a "spa room" but that it is just a normal hotel room retrofitted with a massage table and some other spa items, but it is NOT a spa. Furthermore, massage prices in the lackluster spa room are, like everything there, stupid expensive. $175 for a 65 minute Swedish massage is the cheapest option. Maybe I'd pay that if it were a real serious spa and I could spend some quality time relaxing before and after.

As long as you know going into the stay that all of the hotel's services are very expensive, don't hesitate to book here if you can afford the room. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Premier Park Deluxe for a GREAT bathroom.
1  Thank OU812Kiev
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear OU812Kiev,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Park Hyatt and value your comments and feeback on both the hotel and Blue Duck Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I've been here a dozen times. It's my first choice hotel in the DC area. Clean rooms, excellent restaurant, superb service, attentive staff.

1  Thank Doc T

Dear Doc T,

Thank you for making Park Hyatt Washington your first choice in the nation's capital! We appreciate your patronage and enjoy your recommendations to others. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Checked into the Ambassador suite with the wife a few days ago. But well before then we had liased with the Chief Concierge, Shane regarding some basketball tickets and other things we wanted to see and do whilst in DC. - It was then we realized that this hotel was going to be good as Shane made it his personal mission to ensure everything was fastidiously arranged for us just the way we wanted including 2 courtside seats centre court for the Nicks v Wizards game at the right price, not the not looking after you very well price.

On check in we were whisked straight to our suite where some nice Red wine and fine cheese greeted us after a long flight. Check in was in the suite and easy.

The suite was lovely and the accommodation suites those who prefer modern or contemporary lodgings. A great rain forest shower with pads that massage your feet was a nice feature.
There are two large screen TV's in the suite and it has a study as well.
The Spa only has one treatment room, but we had a massage in our suite together instead so this is no big deal.
The front of house culture in this hotel is fantastic. Very proffessional crew who know the meaning of five star service. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor as the noise from the street is noticeable in this property.

Dear RelaxWithMax,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us at Park Hyatt Washington. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit and how accommodating our employees were to you and your wife. Sounds like a great trip to DC! We hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here on business recently and was very pleased with my stay.

When staying at a hotel, I look for cleanliness and service and this place has both. The rooms were clean, bed was incredibly comfortable and the service was outstanding. The convenient location is a bonus. I would definetely go back.

Try it! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room away from elevators is best.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Dina M,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us at Park Hyatt Washington. We are happy to read that you had a wonderful experience. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.