“Amazing 2 night stay”

Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
USA
“Amazing 2 night stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Two night stay just before New Year', celebrating Birthday. Though we frequently stay at Four seasons and Ritz properties , this was our first short vacation at the Park Hyatt. We chose to spend a quiet two days in DC, though we live just 20 minute drive outside downtown. The Washington Park Hyatt is truly amazing. Clean, comfortable, classy. Though an older property, the attitude ans service is unmatched. Every single staff member is courteous, kind and committed to service. is the level of courtesy and service. It reflects ts a corporate culture of excellence. Room service was prompt and professional. We had dinner at the Blue Duck Tavern. Excellent preparations and service. Delicious meal, unbelievable desserts too. Cannot ask for better. Will be back soon. Service in the restaurant was first rate .The level of courtesy and service in the hotel and the restaurant reflects a corporate culture of excellence and commitment.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear efroni,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. Your comments are most appreciated and will be shared with our team. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay-cation with us, at the both the hotel and Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Andrew Davidson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I just stayed here for 5 nights and had an excellent stay. I had a great rate and opted for the junior suite upgrade which was available. Great big space, full bathroom, separate shower and tub. The other end the suite had a two piece bathroom as well. Its funny. The staff are very friendly, however the restaurant staff could've been nicer (except Andres). Breakfast is great but confusion reigns on the weekend because it is so busy for brunch and you don't know where to go to be seated. I watched a couple come in yesterday between breakfast and brunch and they were told by a manager (this woman that walks around sternly with an iPad) that they were switching over and they can wait (for 1/2 hr at that point) to be seated for brunch. She didn't even look at them as she was busy doing something else. They had come in from the rain. Why couldn't they be seated and offered coffee or juice until brunch service began? That is not hospitality at a nice restaurant. I would have left with that kind of "greeting". That being said the food at the blue duck tavern is excellent and worth the price you pay. Every meal was consistent and tasty. Opting in for a rate that includes breakfast is well worth the money. The hotel is on the edge of Georgetown and in a quiet area which was nice. I am a walker so I walked to all the major sites. Other option is transit if you aren't as it isn't right downtown. Wireless is spotty and kept going on and off whether you are in your room or in the restaurant. I'm glad it was free with my status because it is not worth it if you are paying for an consistently unreliable service. All the being said I loved it and will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Randall_from_Toronto
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived on the 27th, and as Diamond members were upgraded to a beautiful Park Executive Suite. A bowl of apples, tin of sugar cookies and a large Voss water were shortly delivered. Maid service has been great. However, internet has been up and down during our entire stay, even after complaining.
Blue Duck Tavern has been the biggest disappointment. This morning the two hostesses argued in front of us, and the one seating us announced she had no menus and " the other one will get them". Guess what, we never received our menus for 10 minutes. Our toast and bacon arrived as we finished our eggs, and the bacon was incredibly limp after we asked for it crisp.
Still here until the 31st. Will update as necessary.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It was a quick visit but really loved the city. The hotel is spectacular, the location is great. The service is perfect. The Blue Duck Tavern makes honor to its reputation.
The rooms are very spacious, the bathroom is great!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Wonderland81,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit to the nation's capital, including your stay with us. We do hope to see you again in the New Year, should your travels bring you back.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was underwhelmed by this property. I have stayed at many Park Hyatt's (the Vendome in Paris is my favorite followed by Tokyo). While the rate for my stay in DC was 25% of the price of what is costs to stay at my other favorite Park Hyatts, I still had high expectations give the "Park" designation.

The lobby is stunning so I immediately had very high hopes. But the rest fell flat. No one greeted my cab on arrival (forgivable given the late hour). I had to announce myself to the front desk after waiting alone for 2 mins by literally calling out to see if anyone was there. I asked if I had been upgraded as I am a Platinum member and was simply told "no" with just one word even though the hotel was not that busy. On my way to the room, I noticed that the hallway carpets were in desperate need of replacement.

The room was ok, but the bathroom was very disappointing. No separate shower or toilet room. The grout had mildew and the caulking was cracked. Bed was comfy and room service was smooth. After getting on the scale it showed that I weigh 36 pounds, so clearly that wasn't working well either.

All in all, an ok hotel, but in my view, not worthy of the brand. Had it been a Hyatt Regency, I would be rating it either 4 or 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SFO-PHL-traveler
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Our first trip to Washington was made even nicer with our stay here. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The swimming pool was closed which we were not informed about, but the rest of the hotel was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Zoe B
Dear Zoe B,

Happy New Year! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Washington. While it appears you had a fantastic stay, please do accept our sincerest apologies for not properly informing you of the pool closure. Should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital, we do hope to welcome you again.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We spent 2 long weekends here in 2013 in the park executive suite. I love the minimalistic design and residential feel of the suite and the residential location of the hotel. The bathroom is amazing with Kallista fixture (I'm a bit of a Kohler addict). I appreciate that the luggage can be hidden away in the bathroom.

I love that the hotel restaurant is actually one you would actually want to have a meal and we had many of our meals there. I was also a great value that we can add a second room for just $125.

My family is in Philly. Since I do not particularly like returning Philly, this hotel will most likely become the site of regular family reunions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank foodie007
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear foodie007,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Hyatt Washington multiple times this past year! I'm pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our Family Plan. It certainly is a great value when traveling together. We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you all back again soon. Happy Holidays!