“Excellent customer service”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary. The customer service was exceptional. We were greeted with a complimentary wine and cheese platter from Blue Duck Tavern minutes after arriving to our room. A happy anniversary hand written card from the hotel manager accompanied the gift. The doormen, front desk staff, and even cleaning staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The last time we received this level of service was at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas.

As an additional plus, the bed was extremely comfortable and the modern decor was refreshing.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

An absolutely gorgeous hotel with extremely good service. My husband and I spent two nights here while attending a conference in DC and upgraded to a Park Deluxe King room and found it to be an absolutely perfect stay. The decor is understated, but comfortable, with clean lines. The oversized bathrooms with step in shower and deep soaking tub are a true in room spa experience. The beds and bedding are plush and comfortable. Great TV. Lots of space. Amazing gym. Spotless property and extremely quiet. My only regret is that we did not try the restaurant. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank STYLEONTHEGO
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This wasn’t my first time staying at the Park Hyatt Washington. Anytime I travel to Washington, DC, if I can, this is my first choice of places to stay.

There is a sense of opulence without pretentiousness here. The staff is always professional yet very friendly. The rooms are both comfortable and modern. Room service is excellent and the Blue Duck Tavern restaurant on the ground floor is fit for foodies. The gym is not large, but nicely appointed with quality machines.

The Park Hyatt Washington is not a budget hotel so if you’re looking for cheap lodging, this is not the place to stay. However, if you’re looking for an upscale hotel, the adage you get what you pay for applies and the Park Hyatt Washington certainly doesn’t disappoint.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BeantownBoy69
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Spend 2 nights at the Park Hyatt in Washington and I must admit it was one of the best Hotel stays in my life.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Great customer approach throughout my whole stay. Absolut TOP. The Lobby, actually the whole hotel has an elegant design. I got upgraded to the deluxe room and the room was just awesome. Very tasteful design, comfortable living room, nice bed and the bathroom - outstanding. The room was always clean and the staff checked the room more than once a day. The location is very good, couple of minutes with a taxi to downtown. If you do sightseeing in D.C. - 5min walk to the next BigBus stop. Will definitely return to the Park Hyatt next time I am in D.C

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Tim O,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a pleasant review of our hotel. It is extremely generous of you to say that Park Hyatt Washington is "one of the best Hotel stays", and for that we are truly grateful. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My family had three rooms for one night in February 2014 and we had an excellent stay. We had Deluxe rooms which were wonderful. The pictures on the website were accurate - awesome bathrooms. The staff were friendly, professional, efficient.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JanDeaux

Dear JanDeaux,

Thank you for sharing such excellent feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel tries to be the epitome of excellence, and I really wanted to give it a top rating. The elegant decor with real Shaker furniture and accessories, the full bathtub, European glassware by Bodum and Schott, and quality toiletries were all wonderful and luxurious. The numerous staff ensured quick and professional service. Their black attire was understated, but made it a tad confusing to immediately identify them apart from the guests. The restaurant was fantastic. So it was disappointing, given that no expense was spared in the quality of the materials, that the workmanship on the construction was terrible, at least in my room. One of the faucet handles on my sink was installed backwards, so that it opened when turning right instead of left. Worse, the shower did too, even though the water was still hotter to the left -- that means that the water gets hotter when turning the shower OFF -- definitely a code violation. I experienced quite a bit of confusion trying to figure it out at first, and a brief moment of panic when I thought I didn't know how to shut off the water -- the handle actually overshoots the off point and opens the valve again. The sink faucets were also installed so close to the back wall that I pinched my fingers against the mirror when operating them. And don't look too closely at the tiling and wallpaper in the bathroom -- it again showed noticeably poor workmanship. It's a pity about such obvious problems. On the whole, though, this really was a splendid hotel, and I'd certainly give it another go.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andri07

Dear Andromeda07,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. While I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your time at the hotel and Blue Duck Tavern, I am rather disappointed to hear the opportunities experienced in your guestroom. I have already shared your comments with our Director of Engineering, who will see to it that sink faucets are corrected immediately. Please do feel free to contact me directly when making your next reservation with us.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here for our anniversary weekend. We were immediately helped when we arrived. The staff was wonderful and very courteous. We reserved a King room with a stone bath and it was amazing! Like others have said, its upscale with a contemporary feel. There was a sitting room with a moon shaped desk and comfortable desk chair. Across from the desk was two swivel single chairs that faced the TV. The TV was situated on a swing door so it rotated to the bedroom as well. The King bed was very comfortable and the bedding was very inviting as well. The bathroom is the best part of the room. It has a deep stone bath and open stone shower with two delightful spa rain showerheads. The towels and robes were very large and soft! The location is in excellent proximity to metro, many restaurants and bars. On the third floor they have a very inviting pool and Jacuzzi as well with comfortable lounge chairs for reading or relaxing! We are visiting this location again in March. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S

Dear Jessica S,

Happy belated anniversary! Thank you for choosing to celebrate with us. It is wonderful to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your special weekend at the hotel. It sounds like a truly nice stay. I understand you are returning again soon, so we look forward to welcoming you back.