“Perfect Park Hyatt!!!”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Stayed here for 1 night for a business meeting in DC. Free upgrade to a suite with breakfast due to my Diamond status. Room had a view of the street. Very nicely designed, modern with great ammenities. Location is great to near by George Town. Staff is well trained - helpful and polite. Everything you'd expect from a Park Hyatt hotel. Very clean, and spacious room. Would definitely stay here again. *try the blue duck tavern restaurant in the hotel and Cafe Milano in Georgetown*

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed 3 October 2008

The decor is stunning, very modern and minimalist. The service is outstanding. The slippers and plush robes are a nice touch as is the complimentary room service coffee for Hyatt members. It is very expensive, however; I paid $30 for breakfast of yogurt and coffee in the very chic dining room. It's still my favorite hotel in the city.

Reviewed 23 September 2008

For the cost, one would think that this place would be a palace. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely exquisite, but it was run down, rooms were small, and strangely enough the beds did not have any sheets. The staff were very courteous and were always willing to help out; the restaurant was just decent. Overall, the hotel was branded with the Park Hyatt brand (as opposed to the normal H symbol) and was trying too hard to be five star.

Reviewed 15 September 2008

I stayed here for two nights while on business. Usually I stay at the Marriott or Embassy suites but decided to give Hyatt a try. This particular place was fairly nice, very upscale and posh. I booked a standard room with a King bed, my room was smaller than my usual Marriott or Embassy rooms. Although it included a nice 32" plasma, was very clean and had a nice size bathroom. The room had a mini bar and a snack drawer. If you consume any item be prepared to pay for it and then some, none of the items are complementary, except the two free bottles of water by your night stand. I drove my own car to the hotel and was required to pay for an overnight garage fee plus parking tax. Everything you order be it room service or a movie, there is tax for it and even tax for the tax (i.e room tax and room occupancy tax). Fees add up quickly in this place so I advise to bring your own snacks/drinks to the hotel and eat out if possible, dining in and eating food from the snack drawer and drinking soda from the mini bar is just too costly. The staff was very gracious and courteous which is very important to me. You might have trouble finding the place because the hotel does not have a sign or marquee, if you see an upside-down umbrella looking water fountain then you have arrived.

1  Thank Abe55
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We spent a wonderful 3-day weekend at the Park Hyatt. We were lucky to be upgraded to a Deluxe room, which looked more like a suite. The hotel lobby is beautiful, and our newly renovated room was luxuriously decadent. The fitness area was modern and well kept, the pool area a little small and looking a little older than the rest of the hotel.

Most importantly however, my husband and I were thoroughly impressed by the amazing service we received. Everyone working in the hotel was extremely helpful, always smiling and greeting clients, and when we made requests at the front desk (i,e, extra pillows), the were accommodated immediately. The room was impeccably cleaned and made up every morning, including fresh flowers replaced.

A romantic relaxing weekend...

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Like the last reviewer, my husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt over Labor Day weekend. A staff named Belen was just phenomenal. We had an early flight so we arrived at the hotel around 10am. Check-in is typically at 3pm so I was initially worried. I told her that we'll have breakfast while they get the room ready and before I could even order breakfast, room was already ready. Perfect! Belen also happens to be the conceirge that day. She gave us some suggestions, walked us around the lobby, and even walked us to the elevator. Loved the bed, sheets, and pillow. Extremely comfortable! See picture. Doormen were friendly and helpful. Nice big umbrella available for guests to use all day. Came in handy on a rainy Friday. They also gave us a free champagne for our anniversary. It was great to come home to it after a day of sightseeing. We were able to control the temp in the room, which is great. We had a nice view of 24th St. and WWF. All in all, Park Hyatt is a great and comfortable stay.

Some things we recommend:
1. Take the Metro! Very convenient and great way to experience the city. We were going to do one of the tour buses that allow you to get off and get back on at various stops but they took forever. The metro was a fast and cheap way to get around.

2. Walk around Georgetown at night. I'm from Chicago and the area reminds me of Lincoln Park/Bucktown/Lakeview. Lots of activities and fun people around. Lots of restaurants open late. Park Hyatt is just a few blocks from it (straight down M street). We loved strolling on the brick paths.

3. Eat at Mie N Yu. Very unique restaurant with a variety of menu and very cool decor. We sat in the second floor where the chairs were made of fences from Thailand. There are eating spaces that looked like giant birdcages. Very good food and wine.

4. Have cocktails elsewhere. Drinks were pricey at the lounge of Park Hyatt. I had a watermelon martini which was delicious but $15 was too pricey in my book (see picture). Tea was good though. Various teas displayed was interesting (see picture).

5. Have breakfast at "Bread & Chocolate" just around the corner from Park Hyatt (on 23rd & M). Great coffee, yummy pastries and breakfasts. Not the fastest service so go if you're not in a rush.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2008

My husband and I used the hotel as home base during a Labor Day weekend stay in DC. Turned out to be the perfect grown-up paradise!
We liked the location (edge of DC, cusp of Georgetown), the room (we were upgraded to king suite) was well designed and spacious but not big per se.
The overall vibe of the place was perfect for a couple seeking refuge from cookie cutter business hotels: calm, elegant and welcoming.
We did not eat there, but hear the Blue Duck Tavern restaurant is excellent.
The service was generally very good.
Concierge service was the weak link. The concierge seemed either too new to DC to know any good eating spots - or too busy to call back.
That notwithstanding, it was an excellent weekend pick for DC.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple