2,068 results
All reviews blue duck tavern le labo park suite tea cellar rain shower bath salts junior suite soaking tub foggy bottom room service in room dining four seasons living area walk in shower standard room luxury hotel georgetown area
Reviewed 13 July 2014

From check In to departure , everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel and room beautifully appointed and designed for comfort and concave ninety use. Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy further.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Photobaron
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Photobaron,

Thank you for your generous feedback. We too wish you could have stayed with us longer to enjoy our nation's capital. Hopefully your travels with you bring back again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.

Best,
Renee Eisman
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 13 July 2014

When I think of best in class service, this hotel sets the standard.

Park Hyatt Washington is first and foremost a business traveler's hotel. It is pricey even for D.C., but well worth it if service and location are important to you. Staff at every level from bell person to manager is attentive and highly responsive to your needs and special requests. They are used to no nonsense business travelers willing to pay high premiums for mistake free and efficient service.

I consider the location to be in Georgetown because it is so close to restaurants and shops there. Easy access to Metro, taxis and hotel limos get you where you need to be. Rooms are impeccably clean and bright. On site fine dining is very expensive ($88 for continental breakfast), but extraordinarily good. I especially liked relaxing at the Tea Cellar and enjoyed the wine and cheese selections throughout the hotel. Every meal is a unique culinary experience.

As a Hyatt Diamond Passport member for 19 years, I have stayed at almost every major city's Hyatt in North America and Asia. The only other Park Hyatt I've stayed at was in London. It was very nice, but Park Hyatt Washington is superior.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ed l
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Returning here is like coming home. I love everything about this hotel, from the location to the food and the lovely rooms. The best part however is the staff, who really make me feel like I am a member of their extended family. I am extremely loyal to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Judy B

Dear Judy B,

Such wonderful feedback on our hotel. We are truly grateful for your kind words and appreciate your on-going patronage. It is a pleasure having you as a guest in the hotel - your home away from home! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best,
Renee Eisman
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We've stayed at this hotel three times and each time it gets better. The staff is extremely attentive and exceedingly kind (even when my daughter broke a floor lamp and they wouldn't let us pay for it). The guest rooms are nicely appointed and very modern. My only beef is with the restaurant, which is too pricey!

Room Tip: See if you can get bumped up to a jr. suite if the hotel isn't too busy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well what a difference a week makes. Last Sunday I stayed here and posted my review: I almost passed on this hotel after reading a large number of reviews and I got the sense things were mixed, I'm glad I trusted my gut. Staff at hotel and in Blue Duck Tavern and Lounge were superb. Food was fabulous too. Large, clean room, large wonderful bath and shower. Great turn down service. All the amenities you could need and certainly walkable to Georgetown unless you are elderly, infirm or have really small children. I walked all the way to and from Gtown University and it was glorious. Usually when I read trip adviser reviews, I read other reviews posted by that traveler so I can get a sense of whether they just complain about everything and what their standards are. I did not have time to do that this go round - but I am glad I stayed at the Park Hyatt!

Six days later I returned to DC but what a difference a week makes with the Front Desk. Checking in under the Amex program, I had to ask about the room upgrade that is standard. I was advised emphatically that "no upgrades" were available because the hotel was so “busy.” Sensing something was not quite right, I logged onto the hotel website which clearly indicated that superior rooms were indeed available. A call downstairs and I was told that no upgraded rooms were “available” because they were not cleaned. Advised I am happy to wait. Schlepped and stored luggage only to meet more confusion with the Front Desk that no upgraded rooms were available but they would “let me know” if anything changed. Having wasted an hour at this point, went walking and shopping. Called at 5:10 pm and Front Desk still clueless. Finally GM called back and said upgraded room was available and luggage would be moved to room.

Not sure what games are being played at this hotel, but huge pet peeve to have front desk look me sqaure in the eye and affirmatively BS me. Color me crazy – I lose trust. Way too many other options nearby (think two Ritz properties, Hay Adams, St. Regis) for me to stay here again. If they don’t like Amex program – get out of it. I have made my experience known to Amex.

That said – I would be remiss if I did not say that dinner and breakfast at BlueDuck Tavern was superb. The food, the wine and the service. A special shout out to “Wayne” our waiter – extremely knowledgeable and gracious. Recommendations spot on. Service a little less so at breakfast - but the food was a 10! So the property and the restaurant itself are quite worthwhile – if you can get past a most unprofessional front desk operation. I will return to BlueDuck - I will not return to this hotel.

Thankfully I return this week to a truly first class operation – The Grand Bretagne in Athens. A drink overlooking the Acropolis will have me quickly forgetting the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple