“We loved the rouge kimpton in Washington d. C.!”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #77 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“We loved the rouge kimpton in Washington d. C.!”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Rooms were very clean. Great service. A bit of a walk to the attractions but if your kids are old enough it is very worth it! Good neighborhood and quiet at night. They like kids and dogs and we got a night of free valet parking because we have a red car! You can ask for a pet free room if you want. Totally cool hotel with great decor and wine tasting for free in evening.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 July 2011

this hotel is great!!! you must stay here! the only thing that bothered me is that the air conditioning was not very good. I stayed in the room with the king bed and bunk beds and it was very nice but had one small bathroom for four of us which didn't work well.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank sfree98
Allan0117, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear sfree98,

Thank you so much for the feedback, glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apology regarding AC issue in your, we will definitely address this. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please visit us again soon.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Trying to book my trip was a bit of a hassle.I was trying to accomadate 4 ladies and be cost effective.The queen queen deluxe wasnt available and the front desk attendant assured me to make my reservation and call back and she would do everythong she could to accomadate us.And low and behold she did.I was able to check in extra early upon my arrival.The staff are very friendly and helpful.The decor of the hotel is beautiful.Its located in the heart of D.C surronded by so much.Cleanlinessot even an issue.They made me feel very secure.And we definitely enjoyed the wine reception that they do every day for an hr for their guest.The whole weekend my friends and I couldnt stop talking about Rouge.I highly recoomend it and Kimpton hotels as well.There AAA rates are great and their breakfast is a must.They also have a bar for late nights.Not only that rooms with bunk beds so it remains family oriented and its dog friendly!!!

Room Tip: Check rates online and its a lot cheaper if you pre-pay.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
MsHenry50,

Thank you so much for a great review, I am very happy to know that we were able accommodate your request and you and your friends had fun at the Rouge and enjoyed the wine hour. Do not hesitate to contact us again on your future accommodation when you travel in DC. Thank you. Allan
durham, nc
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My daughter and I recently stayed at Rouge, and were wowed by the terrific style, the wonderful staff, and the great dinner. But our stay in room 602 was marred by some sort of problem with the water heater. The water ran so hot that we could only turn it on slightly in the shower, which meant of course, a trickle from the shower head. If we turned it up enough to have a good flow of water, we got scalded. I hope that Hotel Rouge can fix this problem as it partly spoiled what was otherwise a completely delightful trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2ndtimecharm
Allan0117, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear 2ndtimecharm,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and most of all thank you for staying with us. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff exceeded your expectations. Please accept my apology regarding the hot water issue experienced, issue was resolved. Please visit us again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This extremely well located, exceptionally well serviced hotel is a nice discovery. Rooms are spacious, comfortable, neat and clean. Personnel is discrete, attentive and gentle. The price is better than any other hotel chain with a similar quality of service. I have stayed more than once here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mreyesm
Trieste, Italy
Reviewed 7 July 2011

From the moment you enter this hotel you feel very welcomed. It might be the ice cold water or the wine reception at night, this hotel wants the guests to feel pampered. Love the red theme that even after 5 days, did not get old. Had a very large room at the end of the 3rd floor that had a separate dressing area as well as bathroom. Very useful when you have a coworker you are staying with (especially if you are an early riser).
Twice I went on a morning run around the National Mall. This hotel is right down the street from the White House and the hotel front desk made sure I had a good running route. Immediately after I came back they greeted me with a couple of cold bottles of water (complimentary). After many runs at different hotels, this the first time I was ever asked, "How was your run?"...Nice touch!
On to breakfast. Nice area to hang out for coffee and pastries. Since I am trying to cut down the carbs, Teena, the wonderful hostess (i think, she was AMAZING) made sure I had a couple of eggs...every morning, even if she wasn't working, my eggs were ready. Great morning service, especially from Romina. Those two ladies are awesome! They made sure people were happy the entire visit!!! Teena also wants to get to know all her guests, through the wine reception.
So one complaint, Teena and Romina can't be there 24 hours. The bartender girl (luckily only worked one night during my stay) was extremely rude. Seemed to say she would be back to take my order, and it took forever. Not sure if it was due to me being female, since it seems the men at this establishment, that night, got service quickly. Long story short, when she asked if I wanted another drink (after I already ordered one 20 minutes beforehand and still did not receive it) I said no since her service was horrible. She became loud and defensive. Like I was the only person in the world that has ever said that! She should be used to it.
Besides that, I will stay at this hotel again. Would suggest if it if you have kids, no kids, pets, etc... it fits everyone. Also stay if you want to be close to the DC action, White House, National Mall, and a very short walk to DuPont Circle.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jenniferdeanb
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We were welcomed by both the Manager and assistant manger. Several emails from assistant manger to make sure we were happy. Our kids were giving backpacks with toys and water. Cookies and milk each night before bed. Kids loved the bunk beds! We had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gypsyfamily87105
Dear Gypsyfamily87105,

Very glad the family enjoyed the stay at Rouge Hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations. Please visit us again soon. Thank you so much for your business.