Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
US$267
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
US$260
US$192
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$429
US$401
1,906 results
All reviewsdupont circlered carred themewhite housefunky hotelbunk bedswhole foodswine hourraid the mini baranimal print robescomplimentary winefront desk staffcontinental breakfastroom was spacioussmall bathroomfew blocksfree internet
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We booked a block of rooms for our daughter's wedding at a nearby venue, and the hotel totally exceeded our expectations. The rooms were huge compared to the average hotel, and had lots of nice surprises, like a set of bunkbeds in an alcove in one room (plus an X-Box!), funky animal print robes, and umbrellas (red, of course) in each guest room, which really came in handy considering the weather on the day of the wedding! Our out-of-town guests were impressed by the complimentary wine reception in the lobby during happy hour, the cold pizza and bloody mary breakfast, and the availability of yoga mats and nearby bicycles for exercise enthusiasts. The staff bent over backwards to be accommodating. The parking valets let us retrieve our cars for the rehearsal dinner Friday night and then re-park them without incurring new fees. The front desk staff distributed gift bags to our guests, and made certain that everyone had the best room possible. The bar staff was gracious when a number of wedding guests invaded the hotel after the ceremony to continue the celebration. We received premium attention at a bargain rate. This hotel was a true gem! I would recommend it to any visitor to the DC area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Allan0117, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Sue M.,

I am very glad to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful stay at Rouge and you were able to take advantage of the free wine hour and the cold pizza and bloody mary on the weekends. Thank you so much for staying with us, let us know if we can help you with future accommodation needs.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I am a frequent business traveler (>25 trips in the past year) often to DC. I have stayed in this hotel more than 50 times over the past three years. I try to stay exclusively at Kimpton Hotels, and the Rouge is one of my favorites of all time (I think I've stayed in about 15 Kimptons altogether). The hotel typically has government rates if booked at least two weeks in advance. The hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of DuPont Circle and the White House. The rooms are very large, stylish and were recently updated with new carpets, walls, furniture, etc. The beds are probably the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in.

What makes the Rouge superior to even other great Kimptons is the service. While there has been turnover in the management and staff at the Rouge since I started staying there a few years ago, what has remained constant is their friendly and truly "whatever it takes" attitude towards customer service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 63Spyder

Dear 63Spyder,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I'm happy that we are able to provide you with exceptional service in the last 3 years. Also thank you very much for being loyal Kimpton fan. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your stay more memorable on your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I had to attend a professional conference in DC while traveling home from New York State with my family of four. And, we have a dog and were pulling a trailer! The people at Rouge were great with all of it, and cheerful to boot. Steve and Jose were particularly helpful, but everyone was friendly and inviting. The hotel has a nice boutique feel,and the rooms are spacious and clean. The location is good (but not great) as it is about 4-5 blocks from Dupont Circle and the Metro. There is a Whole Foods grocery 2 blocks away and a CVS. Many restaurants of varied price ranges can be found within a 3-4 block walk. The immediate area is mixed residential and converted houses (to offices of agencies and such). It feels safe and comfortable in the neighborhood. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear dryflyny,

Very glad you and your family had a great stay at the Rouge Hotel and Jose and Steve made a positive impact. Please visit us again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here to see all the DC sights. We chose this hotel after looking at many options. From reading other reviews and looking at photos it seemed to us Rouge was a funky, fun, clean hotel with good service and I'm happy to say we found that to be true. We learned that Rouge would match any price we could find online and we found a cheaper price on Expedia. We also signed up for their Kimpton Hotels membership and that gave a few perks.
When we arrived at the hotel, we decided to park our car with their valet and the guys were really nice. We had looked around for other parking options as the cost per night was $36! But we couldn't find anything cheaper in the neighborhood. Most hotels in DC charge over $30/night for parking, or at least the ones we looked at did. I just had to add that to the nightly hotel rate and I still think we got a bit of a deal.
The one thing we had trouble with was the wi-fi. One of the Kimpton Hotel membership benefits was free wi-fi, which is normally about $10/night. I had trouble connecting to their wi-fi everyday of our 5 day stay. We were on the 7th floor and if I went into the bathroom area, I could connect, but as soon as I walked back over to the bed, I would lose the signal. It really was never a huge deal as I could just turn off wi-fi and use 3G, but if I had been there on business, it would have been annoying.
The hotel offered a Happy Hour one night while we were there. They offered great sangrias, wine and beer. It was much appreciated after a long hot day of walking around DC.
My husband and I opted to not eat or drink in the onsite bar. There are some cool restaurants, bars and a Whole Foods about 5 minutes away near Logan Circle.
We really appreciated the front desk check-in staff. They were very helpful and friendly.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We are staying at this hotel right now...the first wo nights were okay, the air was off in the room so it was humid and hot. The doors are old, the safe is placed so that it is hard to get into, the only good thing about this hotel is the happy hour. What really got me mad was the level of service at the hotel. Yesterday housekeeping came bursting into the room at 8:00 a.m., not a knock, just a yelling of housekeeping as they opened the door. Today, we had a do not disturb up until 9:30 a.m., left the room at 10 a.m. came back at 5:30 and room was not cleaned. When I called down, a very rude man told me housekeeping was gone for the day what did he want me to do come make the beds himself? My answer was Yes and he wasn't happy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank yeeski
Allan0117, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Yeeski,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience, I will certainly address your concern. We want to make things right for you, do you mind contacting me? My email address is allan.bella@rougehotel.com, 202-306-7768. I look forward hearing from you. So sorry again.