“Amazing hotel with wonderful, classy service!”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed here with my husband and two teenagers during one of the hottest weeks this summer in DC. DC is normally hot and humid during the summer, but this was unbearable and so draining. However, the staff at the Rouge went out of their way to compensate (including complimentary watermelon sangria!). Our room was perfect for us, the service was impeccable, and nothing disappointed. I accidentally left some clothing in our room when we checked out, and Tina, the head of housekeeping, could not have been nicer about sending it to me and not making me feel like an idiot for being so careless. The location is outstanding, too, right between Dupont Circle and downtown. And so much nice than one of those drab chains with no character!

Room Tip: Ask! They want their guests to be happy!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirsten S

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We were treated like VIP's before we even arrived! A personal e-mail from Allan Bella (Asst. General Manager) was followed by a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates brought to our room. We were upgraded to a king room with kitchenette, and I admit we were stunned by the hotel. We usually stay at a "chain" hotel (i.e. Hyatt, Hilton, etc), so when we booked the Rouge it was with some amount of trepidation. Our fears were unfounded. The hotel was more than we could have ever dreamed of. The room was huge. The bed and linens were luxurious, and the "extras" made this hotel a destination, instead of just a way station while you visited the city. What other hotel offers its guests a bottle of water when they come back from a busy day of sightseeing? How about the use of a red feather boa when you need one for a night on the town? (didn't use that one, but it sounded like fun!) Complimentary Wine and Sangria are offered every evening, and on the weekends they have Bloody Mary's and cold pizza from eleven to noon. The staff was superb. Everyone from the front desk staff to housekeeping to the repairmen were thoughtful, efficient and determined to make our stay the highlight of our trip. Bravo. Bravo.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on an upper floor. Sign up on Kimpton website for free internet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Nice hotel, friendly staff and good location

This hotel is a great place to stay. Rooms are awesome. Place is clean.
We booked this at a great price, the location of hotel is awesome, most of the attractions in Washington DC are walkable from this hotel.

Room is spacious and the interiors are great.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The Hotel Rouge us traditionally my last stop for the return home.After trijing several hotels in the Usa, the Hotel Ropuge is absolutely the number one. Clean Spacious rooms, with lots of space for recreation and work. The internet-connection is fast, faster than any Hotel I tried and almost as fast as at my work (and I work in education, and in education we have fast Internet connections)..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Allan0117, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Rob_Plas,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and business. I am very glad to know that we are able to continuously provide you with excellent service all these years. See you again soon and thanks again.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was my second stay at the hotel and it was just as good second time several years apart. Just a 20 min walk to the White House and ten mins to Dupont Circle.
Rooms large and comfortable. Bathrooms slightly small but adequate.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
In touch scheme great with mini bar credit
The wine happy hour is a great idea after long days sightseeing.
Hotel Highly recommended in Washington DC one of my favourite cities

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear AnnieL79,

Thank you for a great feedback! I am glad that the staff exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the free wine hour. We'll be waiting for you on your next visit to Washington DC. Thank you for coming back.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Rouge. The room was clean and spacious. Most importantly, the staffs are wonderful, helpful and friendly. The overnight staffs always acknowledge me and smiled at me even though I was drunk like a sailor. Personally, I could not force myself to smile at 3AM in the morning. In any case, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear Effe1975,

Thank you for the feedback, very glad that you had a great time here at the Rouge Hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations. Please invite your family and friends to visit Rouge Hotel. Thank for the business.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Everithing was really excellent. If we come back in the U.S. we'll come back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family