“Great spot in DC excellent service”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #77 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
McFarland, Wisconsin
“Great spot in DC excellent service”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

On a recent business trip to DC I had the pleasure of staying at the Rouge in DC. I have to admit it took me a bit to get use the the Red everywhere, but the wonderful people who work there made up for that from the start. Chase was really great helping us find the place on the night of President Obama's inauguration and he made us feel right at home on check-in. We arrived late, they kept the bar and restaurant open and Charisma was a wonderful bartender and server-- after a long day traveling the food and drink hit the spot. Every night they have a wine reception and Lucas provided excellent service. Leigh was also very helpful at the front desk. Very nice location, ok fitness center. Good food at he restaurant. Excellent service from all the people who work there, housekeeping everyone. thanks

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Large comfortable room.
Good location for exploring Washington sites.
Nice to have complimentary tea, coffee and wine hour in the lobby.

After we left we realised we had booked a breakfast included tariff. Unfortunately, nobody highlighted this to us during our check in or stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShekLondon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The hotel is pretty 'different' when you walk in.. very red! Feels slightly outdated I think... The room was nice and very big and had everything you need.
I used their 'business center' which was really just a computer that you had to pay to use, but the staff were very helpful and friendly when I asked them to scan something for me.
They also have a free wine and nibbles hour between 5-6pm which is nice if you're there at that time!
Location is great - you can walk most places and are close to public transport too. Just a short walk down P street brings you to plenty of restaurants and a whole foods as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Hotel Rouge in DC and were very pleased.
This is one of the “lower end” Kimptons, and in some ways it shows. The décor needs updating, particularly in the lobby, bar, halls and elevators, but our room was very nicely decorated. There also was no bell hop service, which was a bit of a downer.
I read an earlier review that stated there was nowhere to park. That wasn’t the case for us. There was about 200 feet of designated space in front of the hotel for 15 minute parking to load/unload. We parked our car out front, brought our stuff in and gave our keys to the front desk to valet the car, no problems.
The staff was wonderful and VERY accommodating. At check-in, we received a coupon for FOUR free drinks. We thought maybe there was some catch (i.e. only for the cheap wine/beer etc), but nope, we were allowed to order whatever we wanted from the bar, for free, times four.
Our room was located directly across from the elevator, our first thought was “great, no sleep” but that wasn’t the case at all, our room was extremely quiet and we heard absolutely no hall or elevator noise all night.
When my husband made the reservation, he mentioned in the comments section that we were having a “date night. ” Kimpton read that comment, and in our room was a handwritten card wishing us a great date night and a bouquet of long stemmed red roses. That impressed me greatly.
At the end of the day, the personalized service and staff far outweighed the dated décor.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Angela C. Thank you for being a fan of Hotel Rouge and for letting other travelers read about your great experience! I am pleased that we made your date night more memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Rouge. It was very well located to see all the sights of Washington DC. My friend and I walked everywhere. We were only about a 15 minute walk away from the White House and what I loved about Washington is that everything you want to see is so close together.

The staff are helpful. The bar is nice but the food and drinks are quite expensive. The complimentary breakfast we had was lovely.

The decor was brilliant. The rooms were huge and very comfy. A good base to come back to after a long day of sightseeing.

The only dowfall is that its quite far away from anywhere if you want to go out in the evenings but I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gettingoutofDorset
Dear gettingoutofDorset. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

What I love about the boutique hotels are the unique rooms!! What I love about hotel Rouge, is that its right on 16th street, NW. minutes from everything downtown dc. They also have free wine tasting from 5-6pm. I stayed in a king size deluxe room. I love their decor. Hang out at Bar rouge.. Really fun stay!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bring my kids to this hotel, it's more for couples, and business people.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear G50G. Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rouge and we are thrilled that you found us to be a fantastic and fun find! It’s our goal to be the best in DC, offering something unique and stylish for all types of travelers. Thank you for noticing and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Loved staying at the Rouge last night. The room was spacious for a DC hotel and the decor was funky and fun. The best part was the people, though. They took great care of me checking in and were kind and efficient. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SweetSkyMom
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear SweetSkyMom. Thank you for your review and I am pleased hear that the best part of your stay was the people! We pride ourselves on our great service and fun atmosphere and we are thrilled that you noticed!