“Nice stay”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #76 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Enjoyed the Rouge. Great location, close to airport, wonderful staff. The complimentary wine and appetizers, were a great way to end our all day walks before dinner. Bed was comfy, room was older but nice, for the amount of time we were there. A great Whole Foods around the corner, if you want to bring wine and dinner back for the evening, which we did once. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IngsBayou
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear IngsBayou Thank you for recommending the Rouge to your friends and colleagues and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you back soon

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Rouge Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well situated for the convention centre for a business conference. Excellent touch wine and nibbles on coming back between 5-6pm…just hit the spot before settling down to more working in my room. Room was a great size and sofa was comfortable and big - I even fell asleep on it before waking up and going to the big bed which was also comfy. Staff are helpful, Darius in particular gave some good recommendations for restaurants and the front desk tell you of what's in the vicinity. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I need to be in DC again.

Room Tip: nothing in particular to add
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank frenchconnection01

Dear frenchconnection01. We are so excited that you chose the Rouge during your recent visit to DC and that you will return during your next visit! Looks like we are a perfect match and we are so pleased to have a new fan!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, couldn't fault the room and location, 10 minutes walk to the White House. Unfortunately the rest didn't match. No problem with hotel theme but decor needs serious refurb to continue this theme. Odd paint splashes on room doors seemed very strange. Our deal included continental breakfast, would not bother with this as I've seen a better choice in a cheap B&B. As for Bar Rouge, no draught beer available for the 3 nights of our stay and by the last night even bottle beers were of short supply. Good place if you are just looking for a nice room to put your head down after a long day sightseeing

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear andrewj496. Thank you for staying with us and for the valuable feedback. Fortunately, we are in the process of updating our hotel. The splash of paint on your door is part of the door project that is ongoing and precedes our corridor and elevator upgrade. I am sorry that it looked out of place, but we didn’t want to keep people from staying at our wonderful hotel just because of a splash of paint. I am sorry that the breakfast was not to your liking, we have enhanced the offerings recently to include more than just pastry and fruit for the continental and now include cereal, yogurt and a wider variety of breads. Although we don’t have draft beer, we do have a lot of great choices. That being said, there is always room for improvement and we will look into adding draft beer to our bar menu. Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I came down from Philly by train last weekend for an overnight stay to see Frank Caliendo at the DC Improv. We wanted a clean, comfortable but inexpensive hotel in walking distance from the club and the metro. The Rouge delivered! For $120 (+ taxes), we got a spacious room (albeit with a tiny bathroom) appointed with Euro modern decor and a comfy King size bed. We received a complimentary glass of very good wine that evening, and for $1 extra, a good continental breakfast (fruit, muffins, cereal, and hard-boiled eggs, juice & coffee) the following morning. Plus, the location is great for sightseeing and less than a 15 minute walk from the Farragut North Metro stop. I would definitely recommend staying at the Rouge.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 807 which faces the street but traffic noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amiranten11
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear amiranten11. Thank you for recommending the Rouge to your friends and colleagues and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your weekend getaway in DC! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My family stayed just one night but the Rouge was what I've come to expect from Kimpton. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, well maintained rooms, and comfortable beds. The front desk staffer even drew us a map to guide us to the White House for our early morning tour.

Room Tip: We had a street facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear DSM12. Thank you for choosing the Rouge for your recent visit to DC and for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to see you again during your next visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We very much enjoyed our 9 day stay at the Hotel Rouge. We told the Reservation Desk that it was our 40th Anniversary trip and we were promptly updated to a perfect room... King size very comfortable bed facing the street (RM 705), sitting area, kitchenette, dressing area, a bottle of chilled champagne and strawberries. Thank you Chase for setting us up in such a nice comfortable room. You always saw to our needs and did so with such a warm, nice attitude. Darius, our bellman, took us under his wing on our very first night. My husband was suffering from back pain and Darius went to the drugstore on his brake to pick up some Epsom Salts for him to soak in and back rub cream. Talk about beyond the call of duty. He checked on us daily to make sure our stay was comfortable. The entire staff could not have been more helpful with any questions we had. This group knows how to treat guests!
We relied on the Metro to get around Washington. Be aware that it is a bit of a walk to get to Dupont Station from the hotel. Doable, but allow time if you are going to meet a tour bus. We found an affordable nice restaurant close to the hotel on 17th street called Trios. Fine for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There are many restaurants in the area and the staff are very helpful with suggestions. We would return to the Hotel Rouge and recommend it to our family and friends! Thank you Hotel Rouge and staff for making us feel so special on our 40th Anniversary trip!

Room Tip: Room 705 is perfect, large, comfortable, and the kitchenette came in really handy when we had to lea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dan S. Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to the Hotel Rouge. I am so glad that the staff (Chase especially) made sure that you were well taken care of during your extended visit and anniversary celebration. Maybe this will become an annual treat!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I'm normally a Starwood guy, but as every starwood hotel was either booked out or $600+ a night I ended up here. I stayed here 4 nights and I must say I enjoyed my stay. The room was huge, the bed was comfortable (I even had a second queen size, should I decide to mix it up a bit) the bar staff are really friendly and it reminded me of an oversized Le Chat Noir (in Paris). The only issues I had were: an over cooked steak (MR was MW, but I was taken off the bill and I was given a free cocktail, so I was happy) my door lock broke so I was locked out (green led but wouldn't release) but it was resolved and another charge I didn't remember, but was promptly removed. The free wine from 5-6pm is also a great feature. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgT_82
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear GeorgeT-82. It’s great to win over a fan of the competition and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I’m sorry for some of the SNAFU’s but we appreciate the feedback so that we can stay on top of it!! Thanks again!