“Angels at front desk”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Angels at front desk”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had booked for 3 nights but made mistake in our dates
Arrived from New York at 7 pm in Middle of Microsoft convention and both hotel front desk staff ( sorry didn't get your names) went way beyond and called round every hotel in dc to try and find us a room
Even gave us some local websites to try and arranged transport when we finally got a room
Thanks from a very stressed dad whose kids were even more grateful than I was

• Stayed July 2014
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Rossco53. It’s horrible when there is a SNAFU with travel plans but I am glad to hear that our awesome front desk went above and beyond to get you situated. Thanks for telling your story and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved the red decor throughout. And the service was great. It was very clean. And the beds were very comfy. One thing though was that room service was not on many nights and started late and ended early. Otherwise great hotel will come back for sure!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Lovetravel777777. I am so happy that you enjoyed your holiday in DC and thank you for choosing the Rouge! We hope that you will come back to visit in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

An extremely well placed Hotel just a ten minute walk to the White House and in a fairly quiet corner of DC. Large and clean room with everything needed. Staff were courteous and always ready to help if needed. The free buffet breakfast had plenty of choice and just enough to start the day. Complimentary tea and coffee was available in the lobby in the mornings and there was a free wine tasting and soft drinks each night. Good value for money and would definitely stay again when I return to DC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Andy L. A perfect stay is what we strive for! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at the Rouge and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in DC. Thanks!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at The Rouge with our girls for 1 night. Convenient location less than a mile from the White House. Trendy red decor throughout. Very friendly service staff willing to answer questions from transportation to restaurant recommendations. Large comfortable rooms. On site valet parking. Complimentary morning coffee in lobby.

Room Tip: No self parking option. Valet parking is $43 per night plus tax.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alejana
Dear alegana. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed our location, style and service! Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know and we hope to see you back soon.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at Rouge over the 4th of July. The hotel is nice, the staff very helpful and we had a good stay. I left a beautiful sun hat behind in my room, and the Director of Housekeeping, Ms. Tina P. Nguyen, packaged it up and took it to UPS and I had it the next day. It arrived in perfect shape and she was so considerate and easy to work with. I really appreciate the staff there and will definitely be staying there the next time I am in Washington, D.C.

Green Features: They only replaced the towels we left on the floor, and there was a recycling bin in the room for plastic and paper.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Robin W. Thank you very much for reviewing your visit to the Rouge and for giving the fabulous Tina a shout out! We love to hear stories of how our employees go above and beyond – thank you for sharing!
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Great location and great staff this boutique hotel is a lovely place to stay in if you are visiting Washington as a Tourist like me. A little bit of confusion at check in as fellow attending to me couldn't decide whether my deposit could be in cash or on a card in good time. Either ways was fine by me so there was no hassle. We were allocated a room high up enough to get a good view of the street and enjoyed the heights. For me a good hotel must have fresh tapestry and the luxury must be seen in furniture. The bed was very comfortable but the carpets to me were really an eyesore. I complained about this via email, calls and visits but I guess the entire hotel is that rugged! The rugby as old and therefore downplayed whatever enjoyment of the breakfast we had. The door was also not painted like other doors and I felt little touches like this make a difference. There was ice on the 9th floor where I stayed and that was very cool and convenient. I had higher expectations but I won't rate this hotel, no matter how good their services are beyond 2 stars for bad rugs and old curtains in the room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wallzbaba. Thank you very much for reviewing your visit to the Rouge and for the useful feedback about the carpets. They are quite new and we don’t hear many negative reviews about them, but we always appreciate our guest’s opinions. I am pleased that your experience, otherwise, was a good one.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are very different indeed. I personally haven't stayed in a hotel with this sort of a theme. I quite liked it though!

The rooms were very spacious, at the cost of the bathroom i guess which is quite cramped. The room doesn't have a balcony and the view is just that of the road outside. Nothing spectacular. The bedding was cozy and comfortable. It had a well stocked minibar too.

The best part is it's proximity to most landmarks. While not extremely close, it is walkable though it will be a long one. At it's price, i would say it is value for money for all that it offers. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AdityaVenkat
Hi AdityaVankat. Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Rouge and that you found us to be unique, friendly and comfortable at the same time. That’s exactly what we’re going for!