Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$321
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$433
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$630
4,583 results
All reviewsdupont circlewine hourwine receptionexecutive kinganimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga mathuge roomphillips collectioneach eveningoutdoor poolfront desk staffmini barloved this hotelembassy rowmetro stationwhite house
Reviewed 21 January 2012

So I think I'm a Kimpton convert ... For the price you pay, this hotel is unbeatable. The beds are REALLY comfortable. The decor is cool and feels recently re-furbished. There's a "cool" buzz about the hotel, and yet the staff are really friendly too. If I could make one complaint it would be that you can hear corridor noise in your room - I'd suggest asking for a room far away from the elevators if you don't like that. No noise from the street at all. I'll be staying again ...

Room Tip: Rooms far away from the elevators might be less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sparkyingva
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear sparkyingva,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy you found our hotel to be a good value. We are proud of the atmosphere we create and love that you noticed. We always stand ready to assist guest with any requests. On your next trip please contact me; I would love to ensure you receive the same kind of room as your previous stay.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Everyone was pretty nice. They gave us a room right next to some huge conference on the 2nd floor. When I complained about the noise, they moved us immediately. Be warned - the walls are very thin. I heard our next door neighbor's entire phone conversation late into the night. Valets were nice and so were front desk people. Very clean room as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M B

Dear M B,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry we didn't get your accommodation right the first time and about the disturbance caused by the neighbor. We won't let that happen twice. Please let me know when you are back in town. I will make sure that your stay goes flawlessly.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Perhaps 5 stars is a bit excessive, I'd say 4.5. I love most Kimpton hotels, but the Palomar is my favorite DC spot. In addition to the obvious (great location, great rooms, friendly and attentive staff, wine happy hours, and a good bar/restaurant attached), there is just a certain flare to the hotel that is both sophisticated and fun. The rooms are quiet, which is my biggest concern at hotels, clean, and spacious. I really have no complaints about the Palomar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ColHeightsChic

Dear ColHeightsChic,

We love to hear guest say "it is my favorite hotel"! So glad you chose us. We would let you move right in if we could! We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I will be sure to share your review with our team.
Thank you so much!

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Upon arrival, the funky decor of the lobby and warm atmosphere was very welcoming. There was a hot chocolate reception and the fire was burning in the fireplace. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a very good location with restaurants and amenities close by. They also offered free coffee and tea in the morning and wine and light snacks in the evening.
The room itself was a bit disappointing. It had beautiful furnishings and the linens were high quality and it was clean. However, we were told the room was big enough for 2 adults and 2 children. It was cramped. There was a single pull-out couch with a king size bed. Three of us were overheated in the king bed. The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor causing us to throw down towels on the floor everytime one of us had a shower. The toilet was running and we had to shake the handle regularly. The water was not hot enough to enjoy the spa tub properly. We had to pay for Wi-fi!
The gym was excellent but it would have been special if the outdoor pool was heated like they do in Quebec or Ottawa or had some kind of outdoor hot tub. The attached restaurant was very expensive and had limited kid's choices.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cindy p

Dear cindy p,

Thank you so much for choosing out hotel while visiting DC and taking the time to review your experience. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry the accommodation you received wasn't adequate. Your feedback regarding the quality of the amenities is so helpful. Let me get right on this.
If a future trip brings you back in town please let me know. I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay is an all out success.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Palomar DC in mid Jan 2012 and had a great time. The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and has all the little luxuries you want in an upscale hotel - comfortable bed, high quality linens, refrigerator in the room, nice furnishings, etc and no sign of wear and tear at all.

On top of that, our stay was chock full of little extras that really added to the experience. The day we checked in was brutally cold and as soon as we walked into the lobby, we were greeted with a Hot Chocolate Station that made the check-in process much more enjoyable, and warmed us up in the process. They also provide free wifi in the rooms and even gave us a $10 "raid the mini bar" credit so that we could get whatever we wanted, gratis. I realize $10 isn't a whole lot of money, but this little gesture was a nice touch and made me feel like they really wanted us to have a good time. On top of all of this, they host a free wine reception in the lobby each day from 5-6. The wine is pretty good and its a nice little diversion before heading out for the evening.

The location is very walkable from Dupont Circle which means you have a good variety of restaurants and bars to explore and great metro access.

The only complaints I have are the thin walls and the subpar TV. In the mornings, I could hear the room next to us playing their music, and whenever they turned on the shower, we could hear the water running. This may have been specific to the room we were in, but even so, it was enough to bring you out of the sense of seclusion you get when you are in your own little world in a hotel room. Regarding the TV, I am a huge sports fan, and my favorite team was playing on one of the afternoons we were there. I naturally wanted to watch the game but didn't want to drag my wife to a sports bar. I was disappointed in the lack of any HD options in the TV and, actually, the picture was so bad, I opted to watch the game on my computer instead of on TV - luckily the internet was fast enough to provide good quality streaming.

All in all, the stay was excellent and I don't feel strongly enough about the TV or the walls to knock the Palomar down too far. If you are looking for a great hotel in a prime spot, and an experience that will make you feel welcomed, stay here. If you really care about the quality of the TV, definitely go somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vrgupta14
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear vrgupta14,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I was really happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to write we will have a full HD service installed in 2012. We are very much looking forward to the enhancement. I would like to apologize for the disturbance you have experienced. Next time you are in town, please let me know. We will make sure we reserve a quiet room for you and your wife.