Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Baron Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Embassy Row Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Madera(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
4,571 results
All reviewsdupont circlewine hourwine receptionexecutive kinganimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga mathuge roomphillips collectioneach eveningoutdoor poolfront desk staffmini barloved this hotelembassy rowmetro stationwhite house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was my first stay at a Kimpton Hotel. I was so impressed with all of the decor and fabulous artwork throughout. My room (one of the motion rooms) was absolutely specatular with a large Fuji tub for two and Aveda products. I loved the lighting especially the lights that were inside the nightstands. There were also plush oversized robes that were great! The room (as well as the entire hotel) was very romantic and sensual. I loved the $10 Raid the Mini-bar credit.

When I booked the hotel I told the agent that it was my boyfriend's birthday and we would also be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. The concierge sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to the room with a hand written birthday card. Also, the chief concierge called our room and asked if he could bring us a bottle of white wine. WOW! We were so impressed and felt like VIP's. The next morning a different concierge helped us plan our itinerary for the day and gave us a free breakfast certificate for two in the restaurant attached to the hotel. The breakfast was amazing and the voucher was worth over $45. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I will definiteley recommend it (especially for couples). They really do know how to pay attention to details and how to make their guests happy.

I want to point out that they do offer free coffee in the lobby in the mornings and a wine reception in the evening. I could not attend either one since we were out sightseeing. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro which is so convenient. There is also a Starbucks, a french bakery, a CVS, and a beer/liquor store within walking distance.

Great job Palomar!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: I heard that the standard rooms are a little small. Try to reserve a motion room or one with the fuji tub. Also if you have AAA they offer discounts!
1  Thank Joy144
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Joy144,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to read that everyone recognized your stay to be a special occasion. Glad you had fun and welcome to Kimpton InTouch! Come and see us again very soon. Best wishes, Stephane

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the Palomar late September for 4 nights. The hotel was fantastic- we could not ask for more. The staff were always polite, professional and constantly smiling (obviously as happy as their guests in the hotel!). In particular Gabriel and Jerry were very helpful.
Our room was spacious, spotless and very luxurious. It made relaxing after a long day sight seeing very relaxing. Having said that no matter how tired we were we always obtained extra energy to go to 'wine hour'! I have travelled extensively and have never met a hotel that ignites its guests for a free glass of wine, crackers and lives down stairs in the reception area. Each night the area was buzzing as guests mingled and shared Washington stories.
The hotel is conveniently placed and has numerous good bars and restaurants nearby.
I would not hesitate to stay here again or advise my friends/family to too. Previously we were always swayed to the Fairmont chain when selecting a hotel.....now it's Palomar without a doubt

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are amazing. We did a name your own price on Priceline and selected the dupont circle area and got this hotel for $95/night. The area is about 1 mile from the White House. We walked to the WH from our hotel which took about 20 minutes ,but it was also easily accessible by the metro which is a couple blocks from the Hotel. We chose Dupont circle because there were more restaurants and shopping within walking distance than what appeared to be in Downtown DC. There is a great french bistro that has very fresh breakfast about 4 doors down from the Hotel. Starbucks on the corner, CVS on the corner. Great location. There are other Hotels much closer to the "attractions" but when we walked the area it was apparent we made the right choice because there were more affordable restaurant choices near the Palomar. Restaurant in the Hotel is expensive but good. I recommend ordering the "pots de creme" dessert, its a chocolaty heaven!!!
The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Room was larger than expected. Excellent hotel staff. View was horrible, we were looking into an alley.
I would recommend this hotel to Younger/ MIddle age adults that dont mind a little walk through town or getting on the metro. If I were to bring the kids I would stay here again, just for the ease of being able to go out to eat close to the hotel and not pay an arm and a leg. One more thing, when going to visit all the monuments I recommend renting a bike to go see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington monument and Vietnam memorial while they are in the same area it is a bit of a trek to get from one to the other. There are bike rental stations on the street close to the attractions.
In short, beautiful hotel. Dont hesitate to book.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy R

Dear Tracy R,
What a great review; thank you! I am so happy that you enjoyed our location. Dupont Circle is an awesome neighborhood indeed. Let me know when you are bringing the kids. I will make sure that bikes are ready for your family. Best wishes, Stephane

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I could not be happier with this modern, beautiful hotel located in the heart of DC. Great rooms, great service, great location. I stayed at the Palomar over a birthday weekend with my boyfriend - the location meant that we could party all over the city and get back to a restful nights sleep (the hotel is located off of a side street in Dupont, which is less noisy). We got up the next day to a plethora of options for site-seeing, brunch, and relaxation. My boyfriend and I managed to leave a number of items in the room after check out (oops!) and the hotel staff could not be nicer or more helpful in getting us back our things. Would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

You never know when u book a hotel quite what to expect, well the Palomar didnt dissapoint one
bit.Lovely large room plenty of walk around space, all the mod cons you would expect.Very friendly helpful staff could answer all my questions, free wine, soft drinks and knibbles between 5.00pm amd 6.00pm for guests nice touch.Food seemed quite fussy and expensive on the evening menu so we ate elseware, but continental breakfast was fine. Hotel 5 min from Dupont circle metro so easy to reach other area, word of advise keep to tourist area easy to get lost!!!

Dear wonderful45,
Thank you very much for your review. So glad to read that you had a good time and enjoy the daily wine reception too. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Stephane