“Great Stay”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
Ranked #40 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 September 2013

From check in to check out 3 days later, everything was great. Our stay was 9/13-9/16. Everyone from front desk to bell hops to cleaning staff was super. Room large double queen, 9th floor. Excellent little bagel shop across street for breakfast, and Scion restaurant across street very good for dinner. Hotel also has in house restaurant. Just a few minute walk from Dupont Circle and Metra. A couple block walk to hop on hop off tour bus stop for easy sightseeing. Would defiantly stay here again. Neighborhood safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CVP71
Write a ReviewReviews (4,545)

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We arrived at the Hotel on a Monday afternoon and were promptly and efficiently checked in. We had a standard room on the sixth floor,the room had a pleasant decor and was clean and well prepared. We had asked for a quiet room and ours was towards the rear of the hotel over looking a service entrance, but it was very quiet and we had some of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel.

There was free wi-fi throughout and each evening there was a free wine tasting session with a few snacks which became a must do after a days sightseeing. The hotel has spa and gym facilities and an outdoor pool which was very welcome after a day out as it was very hot the week we were there. Our room had complimentary animal print bathrobes which were very unusual entertaining!

The hotel has its own restaurant with a mediterranean theme, we had breakfast there and the food seemed good but we found the menu a little limited for dinner. However, the Palomar is ideally situated, located just off Dupont Circle where there are lots of shops, bars and restaurants within a short walk of the hotel at reasonable prices.

The Palomar is located very close to "Embassy Row" which is a fascinating walk and is only five minutes walk from the Metro and close to bus stops for Georgetown.

My wife and I both agree that the Palomar is a reasonably priced hotel in a good location with helpful friendly staff and would definitely recommend it if you are in DC.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Arrive at Hotel Palomar Saturday evening, upon check-in the agent at front desk greeted me with a big smile and a warming welcome. She asked me what bring me to D.C. and I told her I was celebrating my birthday and after congratulating me she offer me a glass of wine. Of course I said yes and she stepped out the counter and got the wine herself and brought it to me. ( very impressed ) After check-in went up to my room and notice that there were a cigarette smell and promptly call the front desk when the same lady that checked me in answer my call. After I explained the situation she personally came up to my room with two breakfast vouchers in hands for the inconvenience and gave keys to another room on the same floor which happen to be corner unit that was beautiful and spacious. I have to mention her name because she made my stay very pleasant LIZANN THOMPSON and I'll choose this hotel when in D.C. without a doubt .

Great staff and very modern facility. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for street or pool view if available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anywhereinthemap
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Palomar hotel off of Dupont Circle is a great place to stay for a weekend in Washington DC. Conveniently located near the subway, two blocks from the Phillips Gallery and amidst a wide variety of restaurants and shops catering to the elegant embassey neighborhood. The hotel was modern and up to date in decor. The service was excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel was spotless and comfortable with the bonus of a very good restaurant on site. Wine tastings every day at 5 ! What could be nicer.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank tgoldman60763
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is in a prime location just off of DuPont Circle. The neighborhood is safe and has a lot to offer. The Metro is very close as well.

The hotel staff was delightful and professional. The room was large, clean, and very comfortable. I loved the decor. They have free bikes to rent for the day and the hotel is located near a lot of good places to eat and drink.

Great stay and a very reasonable price for what you get!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsTravelSF
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a tour of the area. We had stayed in the sister hotel in Philadelphia a few days earlier so our expectations were high. The hotel is very good and to the same high standard as the other one we had stayed in. It has a frew wine and nibbles hour from 5 til 6 which is good fun. It is in an ideal location with quick access to the Metro and some nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Palomar in September in a double room for two nights.

Throughout our stay we received friendly, professional service from the doormen, receptionist and housekeeping staff. We were informed about the wine reception on arrival and also given a $10 minibar voucher which was a nice touch.

The room was a good size and had nice little quirks like a yoga mat and animal print bath robes. The room also had a DVD player and an iPod dock although the sound quality from the dock wasn't great. The bathroom shower was very powerful and the Etro toiletries smelt good. The minibar was well stocked and decently priced.

The hotel was well located near to the subway on the red line but we mostly walked or took taxis late at night (average rate about 10 dollars from near the museums and Georgetown).

The only disappointment was the breakfast (which we paid for ourselves). I ordered steak and chips and the steak and eggs were both slightly overcooked. Otherwise a great stay and we'd happily come again.

• Stayed: September 2013