“Lovely hotel”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. It's in a good location about 10 minutes walk to the White House. Other attractions are easy to reach on foot too. The Capitol Building is about an hour's walk away, as is Arlington Cemetery. There is a 24 hour CVS pharmacy/store across the road and a Whole Foods supermarket three blocks away, although I didn't like walking in this part of town due to the number of homeless there. The staff are helpful and friendly. There's an evening service which leaves bottled water, ice, closes the curtains and puts a light on, which is a nice touch. Morning papers are provided free, as are toiletries. The room was average size, and equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer and fridge, plus TV. I had a lovely view of Thomas Circle but the road can be noisy, with lots of fire trucks / sirens. I also found the fridge was noisy in the night. The heating is fully controllable, but it's a dry heat which made my nose bleed. They offer a free luggage room too and overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SuzyDream
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed our fantastic location and the ease of walking to all the popular city attractions. I am glad you found our team helpful and friendly as we strive to make every effort to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests. On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel upon your return to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have been 3 nights 19-22 Dec.
Everything was good. A young lady in reception when I check in 8pm 19 Dc. was very kind and friendly ,I appreciate her.
A little noisy for party 21Dec night
Everything was good.

Room Tip: Look first room some are acceptable
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your comments on your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m glad to hear that everything went well with your stay and you found our Front Desk team kind and friendly. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel was a hidden gem! My fiance and I spent days trying to find the best hotel that was closest to all the tourist locations and also close to the metro. We originally were looking into another hotel that was further and just a few dollars cheaper, we then found Washington Plaza! Washington Plaza was amazing. The hotel location is about a 7 minute walk to the White House in one direction, Ford's Theater in the other direction, and McPhearson Metro Station is no more than a 5 min walk. The neighborhood is one of the safer ones we saw during our trip also. The staff was helpful and so polite, the room was clean and a decent size for the 2 of us. We asked in advance for a higher floor and a view of the traffic circle in front, and we were not let down by the gorgeous view! We were so happy that we chose this hotel over the other. Karen, the front desk agent helped us almost every time we had questions and she has a great hospitality character. As a hospitlaity management graduate, working for hotels in the past, and now a Disney World cast member, its safe for me to say that this hotel portrays high service quality in all areas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth R
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Washington Plaza Hotel and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to see that you and your fiancé enjoyed our central location and you experienced our warm hospitality during your last visit. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to our team. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

As my Fiancé and I looked for a hotel for our DC trip we must have spent hours trying to decide. Well let me save you time; book here! Overall the hotel was excellent in just about every aspect. The location is excellent; walking distance to the metro and many shops/stores. The staff across the board is amazing and are always welcoming. The rooms although simple are everything you need. When booking let then know where you want the room and they will be sure to reserve it. We had previously looked at the location on Google Maps so we requested to be on a high floor facing the front (nice view) and they were more than happy to assist. It was a family/business/couples/singles type hotel with options for everyone. Hope this review helps!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheJE

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am excited to hear that you and your fiancé had a nice stay. I appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our team and their dedication to making our guests’ stay memorable. I was happy to hear that they were able to put you in a room with a great view of Thomas Circle. We hope this experience brings you back to stay with us upon your return to Washington, DC!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Guestrooms at Washington Plaza feature LCD TVs with satellite channels, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. Rooms also provide climate control.Safes accommodate laptops, and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Rooms include coffee/tea makers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mitasvil

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here for business last week and found the entire experience very pleasant. The price was very reasonable for DC, the location was convenient to many nearby attractions, the metro within a few blocks. Check in and out were easy and the staff were friendly.

I had a quiet room on the back side of the hotel. It was spacious and had many great details: beautiful tiling in the tub area, complimentary waters in the evening, a morning Washington Post. There were plenty of outlets and the room overall looked and felt fresh. I appreciated the in-room safe, many hangers (very helpful!), and bench that also had storage drawers. As other reviews had noted, the windows were large but had full black-out options. I also appreciated the seven pillows on each bed (3 decorative and 4 functional). Free wi-fi is a must and this hotel had it.

I also ordered room service and the food was top notch and reasonable for an urban hotel room service. There was also a fridge which allowed me to keep waters, wine, and leftover food for future munching. Once again, service was outstanding and friendly.

Overall, this will definitely be one of my first hotels I check out next time I'm in DC. I wished it wasn't December so that I could have tried the lovely pool. I will be back.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ninth floor, facing an alley. I did not find it noisy at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Lizzymcboo
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on being a hotel that has something for everyone to enjoy whether on a business or leisure trip, and I am delighted you were satisfied with our accommodations. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Hotwire selected this hotel for me since I was in need of a good deal. And it was! It is near other hotels at 3x or more per night. The Washington Plaza offered a spacious, clean and very nice room in a perfect location. It is easy to walk to the White House or the Capital from here. I do not remember taking a cab during my stay. 14th Street and a lot of other neighborhood restaurants are a short walk away as well. I did not have time, but the pool looked big and very nice as well.

Room Tip: It is a habit to request a top floor, but I did not have any problems with a second room floor at th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FredOH69

Thank you for the great comments, especially pointing out our value and location. I'm glad to hear that our location helped you find the time to do some exploring and eating at the abundance of downtown DC restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!