“Almost There”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok. Price was good especially for dc. When you walk in you see a nice lobby and eatery. It seems as if the hotel is in the middle of a major renovation. Customer service excellent from the time I stepped foot on the property to the time I checked out. However, entire hotel looks unfinished. Old1980's ceiling tile at front desk but in an updated modern decor lobby. Rooms: Plush beds and updated modern decor but again half done renovations. You see old school popcorn ceilings. Room and Bathroom was clean. Balcony was ok. View was great. Room service very fast. They had a person deliver ice and bottled water to each room that evening. I liked the hotel for the price and location. If your into aesthetics, I have mixed emotions. I think operations dept need to rethink where to cut corners for cost purposes but the hotel has potential to be so much more.

• Stayed: December 2013
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I appreciate that you recognized us as a good value and location. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel during our recent trip to Washington from Queensland. All facilities are great and I was thoroughly spoilt by the staff when they found it was my birthday - special thanks to Stephen, Front desk staff and Sade. We had a yummy evening meal in the hotel restaurant (mussels are to die for). Hotel is located in a very central spot. We hope to return to Washington one day and will most certainly be choosing the Washington Plaza as our hotel of choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel and glad you enjoyed the delicious meals from Ten Thomas Restaurant. I’m also proud to know our team made your trip so memorable. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our colleagues and the excellent service they provide. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was our 3rd stay...1997--2013. Each time the hotel delivered excellent services for very reasonable prices. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful...we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in D.C. We have recommended it to several family members and they are SO HAPPY! What else can you say? Mampefrey

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so pleased to know that our team and accommodations keep you returning to our hotel each time you are in Washington, DC. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located, walking distance from all major attractions in Washington; rooms are clean and even though they are small, you will be comfortable. We had a balcony view and that didn't seem to up the charges, can't complain about the price either!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that you enjoyed our central location and you found your room clean and comfortable. I also appreciate that you recognized us as a good value. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed for one night on Dec.21st.They have good location White House is only 1km and US Capitol 2km away so if you do not want to drive still you can go all places by walking.They have good size bed and room with all amenities except Micro.But in 5 minutes walk you can find Dunkin Donuts,Au Bon Pain which is famous for different kind of Bagel.Even CVS farmacy is also very close to this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Washington Plaza and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to see that the location of the hotel suited your visit to Washington, DC and our hotel rooms and amenities were to your liking. When you return, please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can strive to improve upon to better serve you and our other guests.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. It's in a good location about 10 minutes walk to the White House. Other attractions are easy to reach on foot too. The Capitol Building is about an hour's walk away, as is Arlington Cemetery. There is a 24 hour CVS pharmacy/store across the road and a Whole Foods supermarket three blocks away, although I didn't like walking in this part of town due to the number of homeless there. The staff are helpful and friendly. There's an evening service which leaves bottled water, ice, closes the curtains and puts a light on, which is a nice touch. Morning papers are provided free, as are toiletries. The room was average size, and equipped with iron, ironing board, hairdryer and fridge, plus TV. I had a lovely view of Thomas Circle but the road can be noisy, with lots of fire trucks / sirens. I also found the fridge was noisy in the night. The heating is fully controllable, but it's a dry heat which made my nose bleed. They offer a free luggage room too and overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SuzyDream

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed our fantastic location and the ease of walking to all the popular city attractions. I am glad you found our team helpful and friendly as we strive to make every effort to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests. On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel upon your return to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have been 3 nights 19-22 Dec.
Everything was good. A young lady in reception when I check in 8pm 19 Dc. was very kind and friendly ,I appreciate her.
A little noisy for party 21Dec night
Everything was good.

Room Tip: Look first room some are acceptable