“Great location, waking distance to everywhere you want to go in the city!”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great location, waking distance to everywhere you want to go in the city!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We spent a long weekend at the WA plaza hotel. The rooms are small, but we had a great balcony looking over the pool and circle. The location was less than a mile from all the sights and lots of great restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. They even had umbrellas at the ready when there was an impromptu shower!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kia M
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to know that you found our central location convenient for your needs and you were able to enjoy the view of our pool and Thomas Circle from your guestroom. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Tom Casey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 February 2014

For the last several years I've returned to the Washington Plaza while on business and it has always been a pleasant oasis. Because of business travels I spend a lot of time in hotels and it is very often hit or miss. The last thing you need is the added stress of noisy guests, spotty amenities and an uncaring staff. The Plaza has always been a welcome relief. Kristy at the front desk makes sure I get the quiet room I'm looking for and Darryl, the host at the dining room, always greets me by name with a welcoming smile. The rooms are clean and the staff are all courteous and helpful. I just wanted to say thank you to the Plaza. I wish all my stays in hotels were as pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Trvlr555
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am delighted to hear that our team and accommodations keep you returning to our hotel and you were able to experience our warm hospitality during each visit. I appreciate you recognizing our efforts and our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was a guest at the Washington Plaza Hotel for three days from February 7th to the 10th. Although it's not a glamorous hotel nothing really pops out at you. However the customer service is amazing and the staff is very very friendly. As I entered the hotel for the first time, The staff at the front desk was very courteous and nice, Karen explained all of the services that the hotel offers and she got me checked into my room in a timely manner. Upon checking in, I decided to go to the restaurant for dinner, The restaurant was closed which was kind of a bummer, so we had to go to the bar. Dinner in the bar was very delicious, especially the calamari ...the bar staff was very courteous and attentive , my server Elby got me seated, explained the menu items very well and took my order in a timely fashion. The bartender Sara made some of the most delicious drinks I have ever tasted in my life. I will continue to dream about the plaza Cosmo until I visit Washington DC again. All in all I had a wonderful experience at the Washington plaza hotel. I will definatly be staying here during my next trip to DC and I would recommend anybody to do the same. The staff is very nice and they will make you feel like a rockstar.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Ladyinthestreets
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you received such great service during your stay as we pride ourselves on our attentive and friendly team. I’m glad you enjoyed our Chef’s delicious meals and Sara made some of the most delicious drinks you have ever tasted in your life. I have shared your kind words about the bar service you received with the hotel's Director of Outlets. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we all look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York City
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I visited over a cold weekend, so while the pool looked great, I didn't get to experience it. The check-in was quick and painless, and all of the employees at the hotel that I interacted with were incredibly friendly.
I had a superior queen room. I can't say what made it "superior" to other rooms, but it was comfortable and modern. The bed felt brand new and there were more electrical outlets available than I've ever seen in a hotel room! Great for recharging for the next day. My room had a small refrigerator, which I always think is a handy feature. The entire room/bathroom was clean. The wifi was fast and free when I stayed. Also, the room had plenty of well-placed lamps, so it was well-lit. (I think that's an overlooked benefits that people never mention in reviews.)
My room faced the back of the hotel, so while it was quiet, the view was of nothing but the condos next door. If you're traveling as a couple, ask for a room on the front. You'll get a much better view (although you'll have street and pool noise).

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quiet but have a poor view. The front of the hotel has better vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Joshua Q
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I am pleased to hear that our hotel rooms and amenities were to your liking and you were able to experience our friendly guest service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, hopefully this summer poolside at the Washington Plaza Hotel! The pool will open on Saturday, May 17th and will remain open until Sunday, September 7th.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I like staying at this hotel. Rooms are maybe a bit small, but clean and up-to-date, Service is friendly and punctual. The location is central. The bar and restaurant are affordable & very nice. They have an outdoor pool that is great in season.

Room Tip: higher rooms might have less big-city noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff H
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you found our hotel convenient for your needs, and that your accommodations were satisfactory. Please come back and see us again soon!

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Washington Plaza hotel. Modern "boutique" style decor in the lobby and comfortable bar. My single queen room was small, but perfectly comfortable and had desk, refrig. Cable and free wifi. Clearly an older hotel that has gone through a modernization, but clean with all amenities. Don't know if the rates change in the summer, but the pool and terrace looks like an awesome place to relax after a day of work or sight seeing. Close to Logan Circle street life, cafe's and bars - and convenient to DuPont Circle as well. Don't expect all the bells and whistles of a major chain, but I prefer neighborhood /location over convention- like facilities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Richard F
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable time and found your accommodations comfortable and clean. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back this summer, so you can enjoy our beautiful pool. The pool will open on Saturday, May 17th and will remain open until Sunday, September 7th.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The of the most accommodating staff I have ever dealt with. From the moment I pulled up to the hotel's door, I was treated like royalty. After a speedy valet & check in process, I got to the door of my room and there was a maid already waiting to offer to fill my ice bucket, leave bottled water and treats, and ask if we had any special needs. The next day, after my daughter's audition at George Washington University, there was cookies & milk and a personal note waiting for her. Rooms were clean & comfortable, and built for "techie people". On site food prices were reasonable, and only minutes walk to several restaurants. Centrally located- easy to walk, catch a cab, or take metro to most popular DC locations. Although off season for their pool, I took a peek & it looked great. I will definitely stay here on all future trips to DC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you very much for the 5-star review. I am excited to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our property. I am pleased to learn that our colleagues went out of their way to make your trip special. We strive to recognize all our guests and make sure that they feel like our hotel is a “home away from home”. We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.