“Good mid range hotel in washington”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights whilst visiting washington.The experience was a good one and staff were pleasant throughout our stay.It was a good price for washington it is walkable to the centre although it is about 10 minutes to the nearest metro station.
The free wi fi worked well throughout our stay. I would stay here again if visiting Washington.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We're glad that you found our hotel convenient for your needs, and that your accommodations were satisfactory. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tom Casey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,742)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is an older hotel that has had some recent upgrades. The common areas have been spiffed up, and my room was modern, large, clean, comfortable bed. Its location is "OK"--a few blocks from Metro, sights etc, so not bad, but not the greatest either. 14th street north of the hotel has a number of good restaurants, also a Whole Foods if you want to shop, get takeout etc. Fitness center is in the basement, basic but large, bright. While they've done a good job renovating, a number of small things went wrong--in-room coffee maker didn't work, business center printers didnt work, iron didn't work. So overall, I'd stay here again, but they need to fix the little things.

PS-looks like a nice outdoor pool (closed during my stay).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest review. It was great to learn that overall, you were pleased with your accommodations and services provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you due to the coffee maker and iron not working in your guestroom. Please know that we did address your concerns with our Engineering Department and our Executive Housekeeper. It is encouraging to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here for a night when I visited America. Which I regret, we should have stayed longer!
We were very surprised with the room and the service for they were only rated 3.5 at that time.
The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The pillows were heaven too!
The front desk was very helpful, they have us a map and circled all the attractions near by.
The hotel is in the middle of the attractions, its very convenient!
We did however get lost getting there, the CAB driver took us to the incorrect place, our 15mins ride took about an hour because he kept going around the whole city!
BUT, all that was forgotten when we arrived in our room. Its very modern as well, which is great!
Highly recommend staying here if you are travelling from overseas. I know i would come back here again :)

Room Tip: Cant remember our room number but ask for a high level room with a pool view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AJnAlex C

Thank you for your recent stay at the Washington Plaza Hotel and your praise of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our accommodations, location, and service all exceeded your expectations. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is average, service is average, rooms are small. Location you will probably need taxis everywhere you go unless you are very young. The biggest frustration so far is being sold as quality, complimentary WiFi? However, it will only WORK in your room? They disable your password when you are in the on premises conference rooms and try to double sell it to conference organisers? An obvious double dip... as I sit here with my disconnected wifu they inform me to just go to my room to access WiFi service lol. I would not stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for one week for work in January after getting a deal through Hotwire. Decent hotel, really great location not far from the metro (10-15 min walk to Union). The people who work here are very friendly and approachable (it was nice to be greeted arriving back to the hotel), and I was able to check in slightly early. Beds are very comfy, the bathroom is clean, and each room has fridge, TV, desk, coffee maker. Bottled water was brought to the room each day. It was nice to have the choice of heating or cooling in the room.

The restaurant has a relaxed ambience, and simple but tasty menu (one thing I noted was that the salads were very well dressed). When I checked in I also received a voucher for a free glass of wine (and they have happy hour from 4-7pm). However, one evening I ordered the goat cheese tart, but when it arrived it was actually a slice of toast with all the toppings (?). I guess they ran out of pastry but it would have been nice to be told about this when I ordered (I did notice that I was charged less for the item).

One day there was an issue with the Wi-Fi (it was down for half a day), and it turned out to be a frozen pipe that burst (which actually disabled some elevators too). Within an hour there was a letter from the manager under the door explaining the situation, along with a $25 voucher to use at the restaurant!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Washington Plaza and for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate when guests take the time to provide feedback about their experience at our hotel. It was great to read you found our team friendly and approachable, your guestroom clean and well-appointed and the beds comfortable. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced due to the broken water pipe. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great Stay,Caring and well informed Staff ,Excellent Food. Walking distance to all the attractions. I was greeted every time i walked through the lobby and it made me feel very special. We stayed here for the first time and will definately return on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the circle have a great view. I was in a room with a balcony and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5-star review! I’m so pleased to know we made such a favorable first impression on you and that you would definitely return on your next trip to Washington, DC. We look forward to your next visit so that you may enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with wife and 3 kids. Shame the pool isn't open yet. Room was great as was the service.
Breakfast was awesome. The location is perfect for doing the tourist thing. The tv and channel selection was par or better. Wi Fi was easy to access and had good signal strength. It was nice to have choice of heating & cooling this time of year.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank CrabbyDaddy423

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your room and found our location perfect for your needs. I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast from the Ten Thomas Restaurant. It may interest you to know that starting April 6, our Ten Thomas Restaurant is serving brunch every Sunday from 11:00am-3:00pm. Perhaps during your next stay you can try some of our chef’s delicious brunch items. Thank you again for your kind remarks and we are looking forward to welcome you back!