“location and experience”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband is ending a 3 week seminar...this hotel is perfect for that situation...comfortable, focused on service, helpful, and at Thomas Circle which is near everything by walking or metro. I highly recommend this for a longer or shorter stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our location and service as we pride ourselves on providing positive and memorable guest experiences. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was really glad that we booked this hotel. From the moment we checked in everything was perfect: friendly and helpful staff, lovely clean room with a very comfortable bed, central location within easy walking distance to the Mall and various other sights. The only slight niggle (and this says more about me than the hotel) was the somewhat weak and inferior coffee - but that was easily fixed by crossing over Thomas Circle to the West Wing Cafe.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming to stay in Washington.

4  Thank Maggie M

Thank you for staying with us for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It sounds like we were the perfect fit for your needs and I couldn't be happier to hear it. We look forward to your next trip up to Washington, DC! On your next visit, perhaps you can try the Espresso coffee at our 10 Thomas Restaurant.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

So, my review is not for the hotel rooms, but for the restaurant. I went to their brunch (a new thing for them) on March 30th, and it was great. I love the idea of doing a mix of buffet and passed food items. The food was tasty. The dessert buffet for the lunch was amazing - especially the panna cotta and the doughnut holes. Oh my goodness, those homemade doughnut holes - I could make a meal on those alone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your great comments regarding our new Sunday Brunch Buffet that recently debuted at 10 Thomas Restaurant. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience and glad you enjoyed our Chef’s delicious items. I must agree that the dessert buffet is amazing. My personal favorite is the crepe station. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I didn't run into the problems other reviewers did at the Plaza. Room was nicely updated, large and clean. Bed was super comfy and my room was perfectly quiet. AC worked fine too. My only complaint was the internet connection was very slow later in the evening (google maps wouldn't even load). The hotel is in a decent location - about a 15 minute walk from the mall - I was lucky enough to be there for the cherry blossoms. Driving in and out was pretty convenient too - although not the cherry blossom traffic. Still prefer my other go-to hotel in DC (Hilton Garden around H street), but if the price was right, I'd stay in the Plaza again and would definitely recommend it to colleagues.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor, not facing the pool and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your comments on your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m glad that you found our hotel convenient for your needs, and that your accommodations were satisfactory. I apologize for the slow WiFi connection during your stay. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed 2 days for the Cherry Blossom, which I highly recommend. The staff were very friendly, never meet a mean or rude person. Our room was nice and clean, but the noise of sirens were unreal. Our last night some people decided to party on balcony below or above us until the wee morning, which was very unpleasant. Informed the front desk upon leaving that we should have taken our pillows and blanket out to the front sidewalk because of the noise that's where we thought we were sleeping. She gave us her business card and apologized for our stay and stated she would upgrade up the next time. I will try this hotel one more time just because of the staff. They really made you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the front.
2  Thank bigbirdbard

Thank you for your recent stay at the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am pleased to hear you were so impressed with our friendly team. My apologies for the neighboring noise you experienced. As with most busy hotels, noise disturbance from other guests can cause problems. It is rewarding to know our Front Desk team tried to make it up to you before you departed. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Arrived to find we had been upgraded to a king room-the room was huge. They left water each day.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.The Metro is a 10-12 min. walk, but there were many close restaurants. The internet worked well and was free. You can conveniently self- park in the basement for $25 a day(there is NO free parking in DC). Would stay here again.

1  Thank kagatlin

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our team extremely friendly and helpful. It’s great to know that they were able to give you a complimentary upgrade to a King room. We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Was staying in this hotel in december 2013 just few days before Christmas. It was a business trip. Had a good rest after long flight from London. Rooms are bright and clean. I loved the bathroom and wardrobe. Very comfortable stay. Business Centre is always opened and you can find wifi for free which is rare for other cities in US. Breakfast was delicious. Location is perfect to reach everything you came for. Shop 24 hours downstairs where you can find anything you need (medicine, food, drinks, make up, sim card). Felt upset to leave the hotel after 2 nights of my stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anastasia M

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I’m delighted to hear you had such a comfortable stay at our property. I’m glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and the breakfast from 10 Thomas Restaurant. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.