“Great value for money”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was my third stay at this hotel; perhaps the best value for money in the area. Location is convenient, room and bathroom very clean and quite spacious, very comfortable bed, wifi was fast, staff was ok, some street noise did not bother me. I had lunch and dinner a couple of times and it was fine, not great variety for breakfast though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aris C
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you very much for the 5-star review! I was pleased to read that our convenient location and comfortable and clean accommodations keep you returning to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit so that you may enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a older hotel so if you're ok with little things like a sink in the bedroom and a few stains on frayed carpet this works. It worked fine for me. Bed was comfortable. Water was hot. Last minute upcharge from a king to a double at $30/night was disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Moeniek
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. My apologies for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I was glad, however, that you found the bed comfortable and hopefully you were able to have a rejuvenating sleep. While I am sorry to hear not everything was to your liking, I sincerely hope you return to the Washington Plaza Hotel in the future so that we may improve upon your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at while visiting DC. We visited for the weekend (3 nights) as a couple. The hotel staff are friendly. The room was great - nice modern look, nice size HD TV, very large bathroom (ours seemed to be the exception though), and a great view of the Thomas circle. Five stars for pillow quality - I don't have pillows that good at home. It is about 10 minutes to the white house and 15 to the mall. Everything else is close - within 30 minutes walking distance. Subway is close as well (2 min walk) and the subway lines are fairly developed. Georgetown is about 40 minutes away walking distance and the walk is nice. There are a couple of cafes nearby, including one serving crepes, and A Pon Pain, all of which are great breakfast places. Parking is $25 for self-park, which we used, and a bit more for valet. Self-park is very convenient - like any underground garage. The garage itself is well lit and in a good condition. The pool outside was under construction in early April 2014. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Thomas Circle for a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Petochok

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great stay at our hotel and our rooms and amenities were to your liking. It's so important to us that you are comfortable while staying with us. It was a pleasure to have as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean room. Comfortable bed. Local shops and restaurants are within walking distance. Short cab ride to the Verizon Center if your attending an event there. Enjoyed the balcony. Not many hotels have them any more unless you're on the beach.

Room Tip: King bed with balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am delighted to read that our location was the perfect spot to compliment your travels to Washington, DC. I’m glad your enjoyed the balcony. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This place rocks. Rooms are great - good sized, great view of Thomas circle, excellent location. But the best part is the staff. They truly make you feel like they want to serve you. I stayed here over Easter this year and lat may and the bartender remembered me! I will never stay anywhere else in DC.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I am delighted to learn you had a great stay. Your comments provide a great source of encouragement for our entire team. I am fortunate to work with such a great team of employees that truly care about each of our guests. We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

For the price, this hotel can't be beat! Our room was very clean and just what we needed for our five night stay. We were there to do all of the touristy things and this hotel had a good location for that. We took the Metro everywhere, and the closest Metro station to this hotel is McPherson Square which is a few blocks away. We were upgraded free of charge to a room with a balcony. Although it's a busy area, the room was fairly quiet. The staff were always very friendly! The cleaning crew did a great job of cleaning the room. If I returned to DC (which I never would around spring break for the kids again...yikes!), I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShannaBrooke
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to see that the location of the hotel suited your visit to Washington, DC and you found our team to be so friendly. I appreciate your recognition for the hard work and diligence of our Housekeeping Department. We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Washington, D.C., will never be a great place for motorists. City streets are narrow, traffic is heavy and parking is a notorious nightmare. The Washington Plaza solves the "where to park?" problem with a self-service garage at the basement level of the hotel. It's the most convenient and (relatively) inexpensive parking option I've discovered for hotel guests in the District.
Best of all, what sits atop the parking garage is a more-than-adequate hotel. Our room was spotless, with a comfortable bed, amenities including a safe and a fridge, and even a tiny balcony overlooking Thomas Circle. The Washington Plaza is located on the up-and-coming 14th Street corridor, with coffee, restaurants and shopping all within easy walking distance. The White House is just a half-mile away, and the rest of the city is easily accessible by Metro. Hotel staff was friendly and eager to help with basic tourist info.
Prices are comparable to other hotels in the area -- and the parking was a bargain in terms of cost and convenience. When our weekend stay was over, I drove away planning to return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Thomas Circle have tiny balconies, with two chairs and a bistro-size table. Perfect for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Queque

Thank you for the 5-star review! Parking can be a challenge in Washington, DC and I’m glad to hear you appreciated our convenient valet and self-parking garage. I’m also delighted to hear you were happy with our location and our accommodations. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!