“Good location but that's about it”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel is in a convenient location for sight seeing, but that's about as much as can be said about this hotel. Queen "Superior" rooms are dark & pokey (seriously small, like 1ft between end of the bed and the wall). We asked to be moved rooms, but got told they were all the same size.

For the same rate, there are a lot nicer hotels in DC.

Don't believe the room pictures online, they are taken from very clever angles.

Also, my wife got a couple of bites in the room, which other reviewers have also experienced.

Don't use hotel to make calls. Extremely expensive. $4 just to connect.

Ended up leaving a night early. Loved DC, but would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in 343. Avoid.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kerryandstuart
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you weren’t delighted with your accommodations and I sincerely regret that they did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do have a variety of room sizes. If room size is important to you, I definitely encourage you to book the Superior King room, as it is much more spacious. If you would like to further comment on your experience, please contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

Tom Casey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived at the Washington Plaza after a long drive in miserable conditions--but when Larry opened the door and greeted us, we felt immediately welcomed and at home. He was charming, efficient and EXACTLY what you hope every first impression from a member of staff will be--and he continued to make my husband and I feel as if we were important and valuable guests merely by remembering us and being kind. The hotel is centrally located, clean and very good value for the money. I'll come here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and applause! I’m delighted to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay right from your welcome, to your accommodations, and our convenient location. I will pass along the compliments and appreciation for Larry and the Concierge team. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit with the same service!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Three of us were in DC for a three night stay and wanted a hotel near the attractions. Plaza is a little less than a mile walk to the Mall. Service was wonderful, rooms are small but served the purpose. Well kept and cleaned nicely. Only complaint was the pool closed at 9pm during our June stay, it was hot out and would of appreciated a later closing time. Parking is an additional cost.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank a1detect

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our wonderful guest service! We look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked the hotel primarily for the location and I was surprised by the quality and service. The room was a king with a small balcony on the fourth floor. Spacious, clean, lovely. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I didn't have the chance to try the pool but it looked inviting. The turned down service was great. The room service was prompt. The WiFi was reliable. Definitely I would stay there again.

Room Tip: This is very close to the 14th street business district and to the tourist sites. However, the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your praise of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am so pleased to know our accommodations and service exceeded your expectations. We strive to make sure every aspect of our guests’ stay is flawless and I was thrilled to hear you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a hidden gem in the summer. If you're traveling then why not have a nice outdoor pool to go to after your day of work and sightseeing. The nice thing is that it's never busy, and they have a great restaurant where the servers will bring you your food and bevys. Do try the caesar salad.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Washington Plaza. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful pool and found it a great place to relax after a long day. I’m glad you took advantage of the food and beverage from the 10 Thomas Restaurant and enjoyed the Caesar Salad. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We drove down to DC to see friends in from Seattle, for the weekend. I looked at various sites and this hotel kept popping up. So, booked it and I was glad I did. Our room was a king with a small balcony overlooking a terrific pool. Too bad I couldn't lounge there for a few hours, our friends were on a mission to see the sites. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms across from the elevators have the pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your accommodations. I hope you will come back and take some time to relax by the pool on your next visit. We would be happy to welcome you again!