Washington Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Donovan Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Wyndham(Washington DC)
  • Free Internet
2,789 results
All reviewsthomas circlewhite housegreat poolbottled waterwithin walking distanceself parkingturn down servicecentral locationconvention centerwould highly recommend this hotelhotel restaurantfew blockscoffee makermetro stationmallcvswhitehouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel is in a convenient location for sight seeing, but that's about as much as can be said about this hotel. Queen "Superior" rooms are dark & pokey (seriously small, like 1ft between end of the bed and the wall). We asked to be moved rooms, but got told they were all the same size.

For the same rate, there are a lot nicer hotels in DC.

Don't believe the room pictures online, they are taken from very clever angles.

Also, my wife got a couple of bites in the room, which other reviewers have also experienced.

Don't use hotel to make calls. Extremely expensive. $4 just to connect.

Ended up leaving a night early. Loved DC, but would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in 343. Avoid.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kerryandstuart
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you weren’t delighted with your accommodations and I sincerely regret that they did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do have a variety of room sizes. If room size is important to you, I definitely encourage you to book the Superior King room, as it is much more spacious. If you would like to further comment on your experience, please contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived at the Washington Plaza after a long drive in miserable conditions--but when Larry opened the door and greeted us, we felt immediately welcomed and at home. He was charming, efficient and EXACTLY what you hope every first impression from a member of staff will be--and he continued to make my husband and I feel as if we were important and valuable guests merely by remembering us and being kind. The hotel is centrally located, clean and very good value for the money. I'll come here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and applause! I’m delighted to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay right from your welcome, to your accommodations, and our convenient location. I will pass along the compliments and appreciation for Larry and the Concierge team. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit with the same service!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Three of us were in DC for a three night stay and wanted a hotel near the attractions. Plaza is a little less than a mile walk to the Mall. Service was wonderful, rooms are small but served the purpose. Well kept and cleaned nicely. Only complaint was the pool closed at 9pm during our June stay, it was hot out and would of appreciated a later closing time. Parking is an additional cost.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank a1detect

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our wonderful guest service! We look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked the hotel primarily for the location and I was surprised by the quality and service. The room was a king with a small balcony on the fourth floor. Spacious, clean, lovely. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I didn't have the chance to try the pool but it looked inviting. The turned down service was great. The room service was prompt. The WiFi was reliable. Definitely I would stay there again.

Room Tip: This is very close to the 14th street business district and to the tourist sites. However, the hotel is in a quiet location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your praise of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am so pleased to know our accommodations and service exceeded your expectations. We strive to make sure every aspect of our guests’ stay is flawless and I was thrilled to hear you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcome you back!