“Centrally located but not much atmosphere”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is in a pretty good location - walking distance from the White House and The Capitol. While the neighbourhood isn't as lively as Dupont Circle or Georgetown, it's pretty much walking distance to everything you need. I would most likely stay here again if I return to Washington DC.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nicole9210
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to see that the location of the hotel suited your visit to Washington, DC. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was very central, although not that close to the metro-- we walked to the White House in about 15 minutes. Decor quite modern. I loved the pool on the 1st floor rooftop - with views of an old church across the street and lots of sky and places to sit and have a drink, too (although there were no changing facilities, so you get to wander through the lobby in your suit). Our room was small, but the staff was superfriendly, and the restaurant was quite decent (although cheaper breakfast is a quick hop across the circle to a deli named after a famous TV series). We just left the car there and walked or taxi'd to the major museums, and did a hop on/hop off bus (partially just to stay cool.) Would definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canlady

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you found our hotel convenient for your needs, and that your accommodations were satisfactory. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and its great views. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pro:
Swimming pool and the pool area
Location - short distance to vital attractions
Great staff

Cons:
Bar food was boring and not value for Money
Street noise in combination With bad noise insulation
In need of some paint and maintenance

Room Tip: Would Guess the rooms without balcony, and higher floors, are quiter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas R

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry you weren’t delighted with our hotel facility and experienced some issues with the outside noise. However, I'm pleased that you enjoyed our pool and central location and you were satisfied with the services provided by our team. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just off of Internet previews I booked this hotel. I was really glad I did! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I loved my room and my view! I would definitely stay there again! The hotel was close to Union Station and the Verizon Center. The reason I came to DC was to see New Edition in concert! The hotel and concert were a 10! The only thing that I would change.... I would have liked a souvenir with a picture of the hotel, ie. key chain or post card.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your high praise of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I’m delighted to see you had such a nice stay. It is wonderful to know our guests think so highly of our property. We would be happy to send you a souvenir of our hotel. Please contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

the staff is standoffish and the restaurant's food and service is less than average.
the room was clean and the bed comfy. we enjoyed having a balcony even though it brought in the busy city sounds of sirens and traffic.
not enough drawers for your clothes and the coffee maker is in the bathroom. the bathroom fan was broken.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. Although your experience was not as pleasant as we want it to be, we value your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us and trust that you will give us another try on your next visit to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found this hotel to be clean, nicely appointed, with an attentive staff. The location is only a few minutes walk to the Metro, and close to some good restaurants. We enjoyed being able to sit outside by the pool (when it wasn't too hot). We only ate at the restaurant once for the breakfast buffet, which was standard fare, but quite expensive. You can do better in the neighborhood for a nice continental at a cafe. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is near downtown, and it's a short walk to the McPherson Square Metro stop. The room was nice! The front desk staff was very helpful, and even brought up a toothbrush and toothpaste since one of us forgot it! The outdoor pool area was also really nice. We ate at the restaurant they had there, and they were very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in DC. It has a great location, and the staff was cordial!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple