“Nice hotel but needs some sprucing”

The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #66 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 20 March 2014

People are very nice and accommodating, food was good, lobby is beautiful, bed comfortable, good pillows and room was clean. Our room was on Conn. Ave. and the windows are singled paned so we heard lots of traffic noise. I know it is the end of the winter but the windows were filthy. Also the whole place needs painting both the room and the public areas particularly around the elevators. Carpet in the hallways seems a bit worn also. So I think the hotel nets out as average.

1  Thank franny19
Mayflower20036, Manager at The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel. We are thankful for the opportunity to understand what you enjoyed about your stay and where we have room for improvement. In our efforts to protect the historic character of our property we do run into some of the issues mentioned in your review. We are always trying to find ways to minimize the impact on our guests. Thank you again for allowing us to read about your experience and if you return please let us know so that we may try to accommodate you in one of the quieter areas of our hotel.

Darcy Roberts
darcy.roberts@renaissancehotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,650)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is in a really great location, convenient to all the sites and metro. The lobby was really quite beautiful. I enjoyed having a bite to eat in Edgar's and talking to some of the regulars. This hotel has a lot of neat history! The room is pretty average, but I did have an amazing nights sleep. The bed was comfortable, lots of pillows and quiet! The ballrooms are absolutely stunning as well - some of the nicest I've ever seen.

Room Tip: My room faced the interior (no view), but it was quiet - no road noise!!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was a wonderful conference site. It was very close to two metro stations for guests who chose to stay elsewhere.

The food and beverage service was great. The staff was helpful and not intrusive. all of the rooms were clean and beautifully outfitted.

I would love to visit this location again as a guest or a conference attendee.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Really a fine place to stay in walking distance to terrific restaurants, museums, and shops. We had an enormous and well-appointed room. Service was good except for loud conversations in the hall among staff (daytime) and too small a restaurant to serve the conference crowd and regular guests. 8th floor lounge was wonderful for late checkouts.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my first stay at the Mayflower Renaissance, and it was wonderful. My room was large, nicely furnished (although maybe the upholstered chairs could benefit from a re-furb soon), quiet, and clean. The lobby and public areas are gorgeous and historic. On my first night, I arrived after a long flight, with a 3 hour delay sitting in a plane on the tarmac, feeling especially tired and frazzled. Everyone I encountered, from the doorman, registration desk, and restaurant folks, were just so welcoming and friendly, I was feeling better in no time.
Very comfortable bedding and linens, fluffy towels, aveda bathroom amenities, plenty of coffee/tea in room, and a small empty mini bar frig that was perfectly cold. I could easily switch from A/C to heat in the room, and the windows actually could be opened, which I love. Lots of elevators and they were fast. Despite many meetings going on in the public areas, I never had to wait more that a few seconds for one. My room was on the third floor, but I heard minimal noise from outside (other than the occasional sirens). I am going back to DC in a few weeks, and I actually changed my reservations from another hotel to stay here again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed at the Mayflower for a conference in the city and it was a great choice. The room was very spacious and clean (stayed at the club floor, very convenient) the location was a plus, close to the metro and a short walk to nice restaurants in dupont circle. Special thanks to Kelly, the nice Brazilian girl who checked me and my wife in and the following day helped us getting around the city. We would definitely stay at the Mayflower again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great location for exploring DC. Most things are walkable. Good selection of restaurants nearby. Concierge very helpful and can book most things for you ahead. Convenient for metro and city tour buses leave from outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Clean but bed a bit small
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh